Home Forums Re: What is the Trinity?

I apologize for comming off like that Ken. Your posts here do seem as though you are doing some serious questioning and looking for sincere replies. I am trying to get away from my attitudinal replies, as they just do more to divide than inform and help build the potentially good and trusting relationship there can be here.

I had posted the clear and distinct differences relating to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I then posted more about Thomas, one of Jesus’s desciples and what he had said to Jesus when he saw him walking around, alive, after Jesus’s resurection. Thomas said, “My Lord and my God…”

Well, it is not recorded that anyone corrected Thomas by saying anything like…”Don’t call him God, as God is in heaven, and is spirit, and is only to be worshipped in spirit and in truth.”

Well, most Christians (not just meaning religious folk here) believe this statement to mean Jesus is God. My contention is there is a relationship here I do not understand. I do not like to use the word trinity. If I do, everyone will think I believe Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God the Father are the same diety. I don’t believe the bible teaches this. This is greatly my opinion, and I think not shared by many.

I fall back to the point I made in my first post on this thread of yours.

Anyways…again, sorry about the attitude. I am working on it.

Take care,

Steve

screen tagSupport