Home Forums Re: What is the Trinity?

In the beginning, God said, “Let us make man in our image”…

They were together in the beginning, but not apparently “One”, in that they were not sharing the same body.

It was not God who hung on the cross, but Jesus. Jesus said to God, “Why hast though forsaken me?”…

He was not talking to himself.

When Jesus was baptized, the Holy Spirit came down out of heaven and landed (?) on Jesus, while His father, still in heaven said, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased.”…

Where the trinity comes in as far as I am concerned, is that there is a relationship I do not understand between the 3. They are portrayed as separate and distinct beings. It is said of God at one point that He is Spirit, and is to be worshipped in Spirit and in truth.

It appears that I do not believe in the trinity. Some have told me in a strong tone that because of this scripture and my take on it, that I am not Christian. Well, there is no teaching of God’s in His scriptures which states we have to believe in the trinity the way the contempories teach it, or else you are not a Christian. That is a teaching of man, and false.

I do not say I believe in the trinity the way most followers would. There are not 3 God’s. There is one God, one Son, and one Holy Spirit. Jesus and God even have different wills.

So, what do we do with this? Accept it for what it is. It is…not clear what the trinity is according to scripture. But ask just about any Christian minister, and you will either be less confused about it, or more confused.

Take care, God bless,

Steve

screen tagSupport