Home Forums Re: What is the Trinity?

<<<<<<<<Ken says…… And what does all this have to do with a 2nd death? I know of the regular death; the end of life which you’ve explained, but then you went off the subject and started talking about the holy ghost, Jesus dying for our sins, free will to follow God’s rules, & you mention a few scriptures that you claim are in reference to the 2nd death, but you neglect to explain exactly what this 2nd death is! Again I ask; what exactly is the 2nd death and how does it relate to Adam and Eve? >>>>>>>

lovemenot respond…..I am going to talk about great white throne , books opened, and second death. These three are all connected each other in order to make sense. This is going to be a long explanation. This is all about making decision for every individual person in all the earth. Including me. I must decide now and make this decision for myself to choose in God’s side.

Because once our earthly body expired no more hope for us. I rather bow down now to this earth than bowing down later . This is the purpose why Jesus Christ died for us. To offer us the eternal life. Satan will do all his works. that he can offer us death. Satan knows he doesn’t have much time to decieved people. He will try to take everybody that he can decieved.

<<<<&ltne thing about Adam and Eve. Even though they commited sins against God. They continue serving God and start obeying his command. That is the different! (Note: there is principle about their living even though they fail God one time. Key words: they continue obeying God’ s command.>>>>

<<<1 Cor. 15:22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. >>>

Since we are line of Adam (flesh – limited time) , Jesus Christ offer us the eternal life.

Second Death = Great White Throne Judgment = “Rev. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire”.

A. Great White Throne Judgment Rev.20:15

Once the armies of Gog and Magog are destroyed, God wil then begin the vital matter of holding court for unbelievers of all ages.

First on the list is the deceiver of all mankind. The Devil’s just reward is to be cast into the lake of fire where the Beast and False Prophet were thrown a thousand years earlier.

There he will be tormented day and night forever and ever (Revelation 20:10). Never again will Satan be allowed to deceive mankind. Now he works feverishly, aware of his time limits. Althoug Satan knows his own doom, he is determined to force mankind to share that terrible etenal fate.

Once Satan is deposed, the entire world is summoned to the White Throne Judgment. Had this judgment been conducted before the Millenium, multitudes yet to be born during that era would have been excluded.

Eternal, undefiled fellowship with the Lord cannot begin until God removes those who have refused to love and obey Him.

John describes the frightening moment of Divine justice:

“Rev. 20:11 -12

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works”.

The white Throne Judgment mus be distinguished from the Judgment Seat of Christ when the saints’ works were judged. The redeemed saints will be present at this judgment, but only as spectators. Their awards were given when they met Christ in the air. Ranks and assignments were then issued for performing Kingdom tasks. Why, then, would saints be present at this judgment? Simply because the Lord is there!” Once the Bride was united with her bridgeroom, she will never agin be separated from Him! (Bride -those people who made up their mind to follow his Gospel. Bridegroom – Jesus Christ)

As spectators at this solemn occasion, the bride of Christ, will gain training for the time when she shall judge angels!

Of course, the Judge on the Throne will be the Lord Jesus Christ. John Explains why:

“John 5:22,27

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

…….. And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man”.

Only a Man can judge men-a Man Who has been ” in their shoes”. Jesus Christ alone is completely qualified to judge, having proven that one can live in complete harmony with the Father’s Will and resist every Satanic attack.

Before the Great White Throne will appear all the “dead” (Revelation 20:12). Those resurrected to “life” were called forth from the graves a thousand years earlier at the “first resurrection” (Revelation 20:3-6). Those awaiting this judgment will be appointed to a “second death” or eternal punishment (Revelation 20:14).

Notice that the long line before this somber bar of Divine justice is not judged from the Book of Life. That Book does not judge them. The “dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works” (Revelation 20:12).

Why, then did John mention the Book of Life? Certainly not because their names were written on its pages, but rather as proof that they indeed were missing!

The Book of Life will confirm what the other “books” reveal. Thus, if the books reveal the evil works of men, the Book of Life will offer no defense for the accused. The absence of their names from the Book of Life will prove men guilty.

B. Books opened:

John 12:48; Romans 2:15-16;

Matthew 12:36-37;

Revelation 20:12; Mark 16:15-16;

II Thessalonians 1:8-9;2:-12;

Revelation 20:12,15

What are the other “books” John mentioned? Several are clearly defined. Among them are the sixty-six books of the Word of God. Rejection of Jesus’ Words will be used as evidence at this trial:

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” John 12:48

Paul said tht even our thoughts are being recorded and will judge us on that day:

“Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel”.

Nothing is hidden from God’s view. Even secret thoughts are recorded and will be used as evidence against the unbeliever.

Christ declared that the words of our conversation would also decide our fate:

“Matthew 12:36-37

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned”

Again, we note the power of words. Those confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus and obey the gospel shall be saved. (Romans 10:9). Likewise, the unbeliever’s filthy, blasphemous language will be used to condemn him on that day.

Both the believer’s and the unbelievers’s works will stand in judgment. As the saints have been rewarded according to their works, so will the unbeliever.

“….and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works” (Revelation 20:12).

The actions, deeds, and conduct of the ungodly will be positive, concrete evidence against them!

” And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned”. Mark 16:15 -16

Paul also declared that God’s vengeance would come upon those who failed to obey the gospel:

“2 Thes. 1:8 -9

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Now we clearly recognize the basic reason for the Great Throne judgment. Men will be punished with everlasting destruction for refusing to obey the Gospel!

Before Jesus ascension. He tried to explain the importance of understanding His mission to earth. Notice why the world would be “reproved” or judged:

John 16:7-11

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

What did Jesus mean? He was saying that after His ascension, the Holy Spirit would begin to reveal to men why Jesus had come to earth. Those who beleive and obey the “Good News” about Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection will be saved.

But what will happen to those who refuse to accept what Jesus has provided? The Holy Spirit will reprove and judge them in three wasys: of sins, of righteousness,and of judgment.

To clarify the meaning of Jesus’ message, let’s reverse the order. “Judgment” would come to the world because the prince of this world been judged. Two familes are in the world-the family of God (those who are spiritually alive) and the family of Satan (those who are spiritually dead). when Satan is judged, his family is also judged. Every one of his children are judged with him.

The sinner is not merely judged for what he has done, but because of his family ties: he is spiritually in union with the Devil! (Satan’s family who does refused to obey the gospel only.)

Why else will the Holy Spirit judge the sinner? Because of “righteousness”, which means: the ability to stand in the Father’s Presence without guilt or condemnation. When Jesus legally redeemed men from sin with His Blood, He made it possible to receive eternal life and righteousness. God so loved the world, He gave us Jesus to be man’s substitutionary sacrifice.

What then is the sin for which the Holy Spirit will judge men? It is the sin of rejecting Jesus’ offer or eternal life and righteousness. Those who believe the Gospel, and are baptized shall be saved; those who do not believe shall be damned (Mark 16:16)

Therefore, we must conclude that men will be judged by: the Word of God, their thoughts, words, and works. But the true, basic reason they must spend eternity in the lake of fire is not because of what they have done, but because of what they have not done. They have refused to accept Jesus’ offer of eternal life and righteousness! The sin of rejecting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour will shut them out of the New Heaven!

And then those who refused to voluntarily accept and proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Saviour during their lifetime, shall be force to do so:

Romans 14:11

” ………For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

Philip. 2:9-11

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: …………”That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father”.

Like it or not, every human being that rejected his offer for etenal life, every agnostic, every blasphemer, every idolator, every rebel shall bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. They wanted no part of Him while on earth, so their wish will be granted. They shall be separated from His Presence throughout eternity.

If only they had chosen “life’ rather than death. If only they had loved and served Jesus while they had time and opportunity!

The White Throne Judgment will not be a trial to determine a person’s fate of Heaven or Hell. Only the unsaved will be examined here and they are already proven guilty. This judgment is to pronounce sentence, much like our modern courts of justice.

Sentences of punishment for the unsaved will be eternal, just as the saints’ rewards are eternal. Both will also be based upon a person’s labor and achievements during life on earth. While saints enjoy the results of their labor in Heaven, the unsaved will endure theirs in the Lake of Fire.

But what is the purpose of a trial if all are already doomed for eternal punishment? Scripture seems to indicate there will be varying degrees of eternal punishment, just as there are varying ranks and degrees of eternal reward. The unsaved will not all have the same rank or status.

Some neglected or refused the plan of salvation, but were othewise good, moral people. However, their choice forever separates them from God’s Presence.

But in assigning them to eternal damnation, God’s justice is recognized. Degrees of punishment will be determinded “by their deeds” (Revelation 20:13). Those who have done much good will not endure the same suffering as those who were continually evil.

If there were no varying degrees of punishment, what would be the purpose of judging the unsaved? Christ Himself indicated that some punishments would exceed other.

Matthew 23:14

“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation”.

Deceit, cruelty, hypocrisy, and self righteousness seem to damn a more severe punishment.

Once judgment of the unsaved has been concluded, God’s purpose will have been achieved of removing from the eternal Kingdom “all things that offend, and them which do iniquity” (Matthew 13:41). God’s absolute sovereighty will then have been manifested.

C. Second Death

Revelation 14:11;20:10-15;21:8;

Mark 9:44; Jude 13

Just as Heaven is a literal place and not a mere state of mind, the unsaved will also go to an actual, literal place of punishment.

John mentions some who will inhabit that terrible place:

Rev. 21:8

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death”.

The miserable horrors of that place are vividly described in the Gospels as: “everlasting fire”, “outer darkness”, “weeping and gnashing of teeth”, and “furnace of fire” (Matthew 25:41;8:12;13:42).

Mark graphically portrays a place “where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched” (Mark 9:44). “the blackness of darkness”(Jude 13). Perhaps Johns vision best revels the terror of eternal punishment:

Rev. 14:11

“And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name…..”

Rev. 20:10

And the devil that deceived them was cast into “………..the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever”.

Remember, this horrible place was never intended for mankind to inhabit. Jesus declared that the place of everlasting punishment was “prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matthew 25:41). Hell was a special prison of darkness for certain angels who sinned before the Flood (II Peter 2:4; Jude 6-7).

But when man joined the rebel ranks, Isaiah said, “Therefore hell hat enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure…. ” (Isaiah 5:13-14).

Evidently, the resurrected body of the unsaved has such stamina as to be indestructible. How else could they endure such extreme temperatures for eternity?

These Biblical descriptions of the horror and torment of the “second death” are but feeble attempts to express what is beyond our ability to comprehend.

No same person would wish to experience the torturous eternity of that awful place!

Respond by: Victoria

screen tagSupport