Home Forums 610 Gospel contradictions

Rowena _

W Harrington wrote:

Trying to legitimize hacking women and children to death reveals a mentality that is no different than that of the morons of 9/11.

Servantwayne, you seem so agitated by this particular verse in 1Samuel. Yet you do not wish to read it in the context of the rest of the story. I am very sorry that you do not find the entirety of the Bible agreeable. It is quite true that with all the beautiful poetry and assurance in scripture, there are some terrible images as well. These don’t cause me to “fear” God as you repeatedly remark. They do assure me, however, that my Heavenly Father has a plan that no human can comprehend. For that reason, and because I am saved by the blood of Christ, I try to live my life as best I can to honor my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You are clearly a man of peace. I wonder what you *do* believe of God. If the Bible is not God’s Word, where do you find God’s Word? Is there another writing you believe? If it doesn’t come from the Word, where/who does it come from. Where do you find your truth? Thank you kindly for responding. I am truly curious and intend no argument. Peace to you, rowe

screen tagSupport