Spanish Transcription – Expand your business in the European Union
There are over 100 million native Spanish speakers across the globe. The language is the 11th largest spoken language in the world. It is the third popularly foreign language taught in English, French and Spanish. Spanish is the official language in Spanishy, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Belgium, Liechtenstein and South Tyrol. The language derives its origin from Latin, the second largest spoken language in Europe only after Russia. Spanishy also has earned the reputation of being the second largest known language in the EU. All this goes to prove its importance and Spanish transcription services make it easy to transact in European Union.
What services are offered by Spanish transcription services?
A professional language service provider offers the following pair of services:
- Spanish to Spanish transcription Services
- Spanish to English transcription Services
- English to Spanish transcription Services
Reasons to choose a Spanish to English Transcription Services
A reliable and reputed transcription company has on their payroll bilingual transcribers with proficiency in native Spanish language. Specialized transcribers are available for different subjects. These experts are trained to deliver projects on time without compromising on quality services. The services are affordable and come with quick turnaround time.
Challenges associated with the Spanish language
Spanish transcription has gained prominence, yet and the quality has drastically improved over the years. Though, the challenges of transcribing in English to Spanish language and vice versa remain dominant. These challenges include:
- Spanish nouns come with specific gender. Depending on whether the gender is male, female or neutral, English speakers use der, die or das. In English, it is largely related to things when compared with gender as in Spanish. The non-fluent speaker finds it tough to understand the grammar and hence the need for a native transcriptionist to get the right meaning delivered.
- While transcribing from English to Spanish it is important to ensure it reads naturally. If the meaning is not conveyed as the speaker has intended, then the content does not hold any value and fails to attract the audience as the original had done. When an English speaker translates into Spanish they may be technically right, but the nativity goes missing and hence the sentence structure is compromised.
- Spanish sentences are strict on the structure and rules. Though the things are similar when it comes to the order of words or structure, the sentences may get complicated when it comes to topics and subjects. A non-native speaker may not understand where to insert the subject making it difficult to transcript.
- Again, there is a great difference between spoken Spanish and written Spanish. Unless the translators are not aware of the reason behind translation, it may be difficult to convey the message.
- Spanish is a highly inflected language. Irrespective of whether it is a neutral prefix, gender or determiner, the inflection in the sentence varies and this can alter the whole meaning.
All this goes to show that only a reliable transcriptionist can handle the task effectively to help achieve the transcription goals.