The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Home » Forum » Topics » Advice

Can anyone give me some advice? What would you do?

Quote Reply
Hello,

I am need of some Christianly advice. I have been praying on this for about 3 years now and have not received an answer (not to my knowledge anyway).
I have been praying for a reconciliation of a friendship. This person completely stopped talking to me after I married my husband about 5 years ago (he did come to our wedding but left before I could speak to him). We were good friends 10 years ago, lost touch for a few years and then somewhat rekindled our friendship a couple of years before I got married. I admit to having a crush on this person 10 years ago, but we never became anything more than just good friends.
There have been several instances over the past 3 years where I could have a chance to repair our friendship and talk to them face to face but it somehow doesn’t happen. It gets super close, but never happens. This person helped through a very bad time in my life and they still mean a lot to me. My husband has been dying to meet him since I told him about everything he helped me get through.
I am certainly not saying that God is teasing. I know He doesn’t do that. It’s just incredibly frustrating. I feel the strong urge that I need to continue to pray for this. But, I also have to think that maybe His answer is no and I should just give it a rest.

Quote Reply
Re: [cpwa] Can anyone give me some advice? What would you do? In reply to
I would think you are probably right when you say that the Lord's answer is "no". You are a relatively new bride and your focus needs to be on your husband. Marriage is difficult enough over the years without bringing an "old friend" into the situation. If it is ever meant to happen, it will without your help. So yes, give it a rest. Appreciate that he helped you in your time of need and pray for him when he comes to mind, but enjoy your life and believe that he will enjoy his.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Can anyone give me some advice? What would you do? In reply to
Sarah-(Praise op 2) her advice comes from a lot of wisdom and is very good. Can't say where wisdom comes from though --
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Re: [m7th] Can anyone give me some advice? What would you do? In reply to
As a man who has been married for 42+ years to the woman God gave me and having been through many experiences married couples go through I must say that Sarah's advise is right on. Nothing else needs to be said.
In His Service