The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Glorify your Father in heaven.

Quote Reply
Glorify your Father in heaven.
Mt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Why, did Jesus the Son, say to let our light shine(do good works) before men, to glorify the Father?

why not HIM---Jesus himself?

isnt our commission to spread the Gospel of Jesus?

no---this is where many misunderstand the commission.

Jesus, is the object of the Gospel, but the Gospel is what reveals The Fathers love for all of us, including his Son.

the Gospel(good news) gathers a Bride, for his Son. He did all things for His Son, so that through the Son---He will be GLORIFIED.

glorify: 1392

doxavzw Doxazo (dox-ad'-zo);

Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 1392

to think, suppose, be of opinion

to praise, extol, magnify, celebrate

to honour, do honour to, hold in honour

to make glorious, adorn with lustre, clothe with splendour

to impart glory to something, render it excellent

to make renowned, render illustrious

to cause the dignity and worth of some person or thing to become manifest and acknowledged

in this way---the complete Godhead will be acknowledged and reverenced, but more importantly--REMEMBERED at all times, that he doesnt "go up there" away from us, or just comes to "church" to listen and watch us.

God the Father is present, in all things, and in all places, and knows every thought and careless word spoken.

Mt 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

the most unfortunate thing, unbeleivers dont realize---is the Father does not give acknowledgement to anyone who doesnt know His Son.....

Mt 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

and even worse, is those who openly DENY Him....

Mt 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

its one thing, to not confess the Son, but to DENY the Son before men, they are going to be cut off, from all those great things the Father provides, as in Matthew 6.

this isnt even considering the eternal state of those who DIE Denying the Son!!!!!!!!

even worse, than not "receiving" in this world, is the RECEPTION AT THE GWT!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, Peter sets for us the GREAT example of what happens, When one ACKNOWLEDGES and believes in the SON!!!!!

"You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God"

Mt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Peters faithful ackonwledgement, of whom the Son is, brought about the Father "speaking thur Peter"----it wasnt under his OWN POWER---but the Fathers.

If we, reveal our Faith in His Son---God will "work in us" to do his Good will and Pleasure--not in our power---BUT HIS.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.