The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Biblical Men and Women

Quote Reply
Biblical Men and Women
:This thread is also in the Pastors area of the forums:

In observing the interactions of those that claim Christ on this site and several others as well as real life interactions me and my fellow bishops have been studying what in means to be a man and woman of God.

This post will be dedicated to godly women. Men seeking a godly wife need look no farther the Proverbs 31. Indeed there is an entire ministry dedcated to this very ideal. I speak of course of Proverbs 31 Woman. For women this chapter will prepare them to become godly wives for their future or current husbands. Also for those that choose to remain single, that is, not to seek a husband, this chapter will prepare a woman to live a godly life bringing glory to God through the management of her house.

As the spiritual leaders of the home it falls to men to help their wives become this godly woman. It falls to both husband and wife to teach these biblical principles to their daughters. As to the sons, these principles need to be taught to them so that they can recognize a godly woman. As so many Christians find themselves unequally yoked and end up fighting a 2 front war, 1. against the unbelieving and antagonistic world and 2. against their spouse who is supposed to stand shoulder to shoulder with them taking on all comers.

In addition to Proverbs 31 there is another very useful passage for women. It is found in Titus 2. I firmly believe that the intense study and implementation by the women that have chosen Christ will result in stronger Christian women, stronger Christian families and untimately, a stronger church. This belief is held by every single member the The Way Global from the layperson to the bishops. With every Church, regardless of denomination, the clergy of those churches agree with this assessment. Of course we leave the discussion and instruction of God's Word to the clergy of those churches. As we are one body, working together to fulfill the commands of God can only yield a greater crop.

Now for the fun part. Proverbs 31 and Titus 2:

Proverbs 31:9-31

9 Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Titus 2:3-5

3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
Quote Reply
Re: Biblical Men and Women In reply to
In the Op I discussed the Biblical list for what it is to be a Godly woman according to Scripture. There is also a list for men and believe me and more importantly believe the Word, its a lot harder though much shorter. When you see the list the first thing likely to come to mind is this isn't a list for me but for clergy. You would be right and yet also wrong.

When you read it I ask that you think there is anything on the list you would not want to see in a son. So with not further preceeding explaination I give you Scriptures list for man:

Titus 1:5-9 The reason I left you in Crete was that you might straighten out what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you. An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Now remembering my request from above that you look at this list and see if there is anything you would not want in a son, is there anything you would not teach him? Lets look at a few. Would you want your son to a man that goes through marriage after marriage? Of course not. How about a son that has unruly children or quick to become angry or prone to the consumption of alcohol? Surely not.

While this is a list that the Church is to use to seek out clergy of every level the man, the husband, the father is the spiritual leader of the household and or family. If men, whom claim Christ fail to at least strive to carry out this list of directives for being a Godly man then the very foudation of the church which is the family, will founder and fall.

Many will see this as alarmist. I ask that you take a look at the world around you. Look at what is being held up as good in modern society. The raging debate and movement to make the homosexual lifestyle choice accepted as normal and no different than the hetrosexual design of God. Look at the rate in which the unborn are being killed. Look at the how our faith is under constant attack by nearly every faction in the world.

Sadly those that claim Christ have been taken in by the worlds ways. Those that stand strong are called fundamentalists or bible thumpers and those are the "nicer" names used. The fact is we as followers of Christ can not permit ourselves to behave as the world behaves. We are ambassadors of Christ and as such we are called to live in accordance with God's Word and doing that begins with salvation. Once we are saved we must live as God desires and not as we once did.

We are a new creation and with that comes the responsiblity to live by example to all that we encounter whether they be up close and personal or observing from afar. So borthers and sisters read these Scriptures then examine yourself. Are you living God's way and if not are you ready to?