The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

What Lies Ahead A Biblical Overview of the End Times

Quote Reply
What Lies Ahead A Biblical Overview of the End Times
Many Christians shun Bible prophecy because of the assumed controversy that surrounds it. Prophecy is relegated to a secondary doctrine, which is seen as not essential to wrestle with. The assumption of perpetual disagreements on this issue has led many to a defeatist attitude. Why bother studying something that nobody seems to agree on? Others speculate, incorrectly, that the book of Revelation is the first place in Scripture we should turn to for the study of God’s plan for the ages. Then when they try reading the book of Revelation, without any prior understanding of prophecy, they come to the decision that it is exceptionally tough to comprehend. Based on this limited experience, a conviction is made that studying prophecy in Scripture will be hard and simply not worth the effort.

Prophecy is a substantial portion of Scripture, and when Christians neglect it they are cheating themselves of some of God’s Word. In reality, prophecy is an absolutely critical part of theology. If you cut out the prophetical portions of Scripture that deal with the end times, you would be left with a much shorter Bible than we have now. Prophecy is a major teaching of Scripture. We remind ourselves that the Apostle Paul wrote, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Tim. 3:16–17). In other words, God wants us to study His prophecy found in His Word. It is a part of His will for every believer in Jesus Christ.

There is overwhelming confusion today about what the afterlife will bring for the believer in Christ. Bible prophecy cuts through this confusion, and teaches us that the afterlife is nothing like what is being portrayed in most movies and books today. As we come to understand prophecy, we see that our future involves serving, ruling, reigning, and working.

Thinking about Bible prophecy, and the end times, gives us a better perspective on life. It helps us to understand that this life is not all there is; there is a much higher calling.

Prophecy provides us with hope for the future. “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable” (1 Cor. 15:19)

We crave to know more about our future. (Even unbeliever's want to know the future. It is a subject that everyone is drawn to).Bible prophecy is God’s answer for our hunger to know more. The Apostle Paul teaches us, “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body” (Phil. 3:20–21).

This Post is being written to answer some questions that have come up in other form Threads. I can't take full credit as a lot of my material comes from a book written by . B. HIXSON AND MARK FONTECCHIO and with the same title as the thread shows. I will interject other concepts and ideas as we continue and material from other sources as well. Any questions you have will be welcome and dealt with as they arise.

God bless all my friends and family at Praize,

ALF
And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. (Re 22:12–13)
Quote Reply
Re: [Alf2662] What Lies Ahead A Biblical Overview of the End Times In reply to
excellent postAlf
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] What Lies Ahead A Biblical Overview of the End Times In reply to
Thank you my brother. There are more coming. I hope everyone is blessed.

ALF
And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. (Re 22:12–13)