The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Why Is Everyone A Believer?

Quote Reply
Why Is Everyone A Believer?
What is wrong with all you people and like three quarters of the world?! How can you all believe so devotedly to something so hard to prove? I mean lets face it, since we've learned how to better document things that happen in the world, we've been having less and less 'miracles' and visions of god. Why? To Put it bluntly, cos god doesnt exist! God was created at a time when people didnt know how the world worked. They thought that things like earthquakes and tidal waves or strange illnesses and people dying all of a sudden were ways of god punishing us for our sins when really its just the way the world works. But now we DO know what causes natural disasters and diseases and it sure as heck aint god! C'mon people! Wake up and start coming to terms with the fact that there is no 'god', no 'saviour'. But hey, if youd rather cling on to whats left of your crumbling religions (this isnt just to do with Christianity, im talking to anyone who believes in any kind of god), then thats fine with me. Just dont come crying to the people who agree with me saying 'where's god?' after waiting another thousand years for him to arrive and 'save us all'. Anyone who strongly disagrees with me or wishes to complain about my agressive attitude or such on this subject is free to contact me at my email address: 'stevemeister102@hotmail.com', and I will gladly read your letters and then laugh as I delete them.
Quote Reply
Re: Why Is Everyone A Believer? In reply to
 Oh Godsmasher.... I fear for your future.

I guess I'm the only one here who will reply to you. I'm sure you're one of those people who have nothing better to do than to bash God... my question is this... How has God "disapointed" you in life? I've come to notice that EVERY athiest I meet is realy mad at God.

I'm proud to say I believe in God, and His Son, and The Holy Spirit. You ask me how I can believe? How can't I? Look around. This world is amazing. Listen to some Music, look at the stars, hold a little baby in your arms... and then tell me it's all an accident.

Put all the parts to a watch in a paper bag... shake that bag for millions of years... tell me if it all comes together and works... because that is the likleyhood of this world being made from an explosion.

My maine reason for believing (and loving) God, is because I've seen Him. No, not with my eyes, I've seen his love in the love of people who serve Him, I've felt his hand holding mine when I was on the verge of death, I've seen miracles in this world, and I know where they come from.

My heart goes out to you, what a lonely life you must lead without a Heavenly Father. Sadly, He's waiting for you. He actually weeps for your soul. Please, drop your pride and the ego this world has encouraged you to have. Realy think about it. You wouldn't be bashing God if you thought there wasn't one. I don't believe in Unicorns or Muhamad, but I'm not sitting here trying to bash those who do. Know that God loves you, He sent His Son to die for you, and you'll never be loved more, than the love Christ has for you.
Quote Reply
Hey man, I am an atheist, but you have no business being on a Christian website just to pick a fight. It's people like you who give atheism a bad name, we complain because we say Christians ignorant, but look at you. It's fine if you want to argue against God, but do it politely.
Quote Reply
But I want you to prove to me there is no God. Prove it. You seem mighty confident in your incredibly rude post. Give me scientific evidence against God.

But do all of us atheists a favor, either stop posting on this site, or start posting politely...these people on here aren't mindless robots. Most of them know a lot about theology and are very knowledgable. And the majority are very polite to me, even though I have different beliefs. Honestly, I think you need to turn to God and pray to Him to teach you some manners.
Quote Reply
Godsmasher,

I disagree with most of what you wrote, however may God bless you and share his love with you, as well as give you a wonderful life!

Greg W
Quote Reply
Even though i dont agree with what godsmasher said,

Edited by PraizeOP2 for TOS #20. I know you are new here. Please reread the Terms of Service that you agree to every time you sign into the forums.
Quote Reply
Quote Reply
YOU SCROTEM SUCKING HAEMAPHRODITE!!!!!!! I WOULD KICK YOU IN THE ASS AND BEAT YOU BACK TO THE CREATION!!! YOUR A STUPID PIECE OF CRAP YOU KNOW THAT !!! ANGELS WEEP FOR YOUR SOUL JACKASS!!!
Quote Reply
Friend666. Ive gotta say that it is really ok for you to be angry with me but frankly I think you may have some anger issues. Dont just take my word for it though. Im sure lots of other people would agree.
Quote Reply
godsmasher (stephen mc govern)

You wrote:Anyone who strongly disagrees with me or wishes to complain about my agressive attitude or such - I will gladly read your letters and then laugh as I delete them.

Can't be bothered, got better things to do with my time than argue with or educate recalcitrant idiots.
Quote Reply
While I disagree with what godsmasher said...strongly. I don't think friend666's language was appropriate. And once again, I don't think Jesus likes it when we call people "scrotum sucking hermaphrodites." Perhaps you should be a bit more constructive with your criticism.
Quote Reply
Gee everyone. You really showed me. Showed me exactly what I expected to see. Blind fools walking in the 'light' of God's path. Especially ggd316, I mean to be honest with you, you sound more christain than atheist. But hey don't take my word for it, just ask everyone else. Im sorry maybe the word fools is a bit harsh and impolite. Lets say misguided people. As for rdrcofe, I dont need an education thanks Im gettin one and its goin just fine. And I assure you Im no idiot. Im aware that people here very strongly believe in God and Jesus but that is what makes me angry, seeing people putting blind faith in testaments which have been changed and rewritten through time, and shaky stories of jesus being tempted by the devil and giving his life to open the gates of heaven. Ive read the bible and various religious texts including other religions and really, how much of it actually sounds believable? I mean, who was there taking notes when Jesus was brought up on the highest mountain by the devil and promised all the land and world in exchange for his belief in Satan. I suppose there was some journalist guy following mary when she was visited by an angel and when Moses talking to the bush, getting the exact words he said and every action he made. Ok sure, lets say there was a Jesus, just for a few moments. In Christianity he's the son of god, but in other religions he's just a prophet. Who's right? Do you know rdrcofe? How about you ggd316? Why don't you give me scientific proof that God does exist? He who talks about manners. If anything the only polite people were andeer and gregw. People who seem very comfortable with their beliefs, but you, I think you need to somewhat re-asses your beliefs and stature. I actually enjoyed reading their replies as they put a good face on the religious community, but they still didnt convince me. You can tell me Im wrong until your blue in the face, although Im sure you won't, after all Im just a recalcitrant idiot who doesnt deserve your time, but it still wont convince me. 'My feet are firmly planted in the groud, my head pointed towards the sky, and all the time Im aware of people around me, wondering to myself, why?' Theres an original for ya. Peace out praize.
Quote Reply
ggd316

Hi your wrote;I don't think Jesus likes it when we call people "scrotum sucking hermaphrodites." Perhaps you should be a bit more constructive with your criticism.

I was rather more amused than shocked that this got past the text kicking sofware. My guess is that it is not aware that this sentence is insulting, (at least to someone who does not go in for such practices). I do thoroughly agree with your comments though, ggd316. Godsmasher (even the name is overtly provacative), is ill mannered, aggresive, arrogant, narrow minded and rude in the way he expresses his opinions. Unlike many of the other 'atheists' who regularly post in Praize. My guess is that it is just a case of immaturity or whistling in the dark. Often the most vehement God abusers are closer to a true conversion than they think. The hooked fish struggles more strongly than the free swimming ones.

Stephen mc : You wrote: 'My feet are firmly planted in the groud, my head pointed towards the sky,

We are all liable to make typos but I hope your feet are firmly planted on the ground and your gaze orientated zenith wise, because that is the direction you might be getting the evidence you seek. Math. 24:27

Keep looking up stephen.

Love Chris.
Quote Reply
First of all, thanks for the reply cos I needed something to do. Secondly, I have to agree with you, my name is quite provacative as is my nature but that is only because I feel you have to be aggresive nowadays to get a reply other than 'may god be with you' or 'may the lord forgive you' and all that polite, I dont want to talk about it nonsense. All I want is for people to give me an honest reply to their belief in this god bologne and to figure out how this big fairytale emerged and managed to ensnare a world. I am also quite narrow minded but only because being too broad minded disrupts the sense of reality and you can become confused. Thats the way I was for a while and having to deal with that on top of other things became a bit much, so I made my decision, and for me it was the right one. I am not looking for a reson to go back, a 'conversion', Im looking for the reason so many people choose to put their faith and lives into all the different religions across the world. So far by being nice, all Ive gotten is 'Faith, love, belief, trust, and 'cos you need to believe in something''. I dont want to wage a war or anything but short of trying to wipe out religion theres not much else to do about it. I dont destroy faith or god but I have a tendency to feed doubt, maybe that is immaturity, trying to impose my beliefs and anger at religion on others, I dont know. And lastly, to finish off this, my first clean no-potty mouthed reply. I dont whistle in the dark, I shout in order to get heard amongst the crowd. Oh and rfrcofe, theres not much point pointing out my typos if youre gonna make one yourself straight after. Just check your intro.Peace out Praize.
Quote Reply
First of all, thanks for the reply cos I needed something to do. Secondly, I have to agree with you, my name is quite provacative as is my nature but that is only because I feel you have to be aggresive nowadays to get a reply other than 'may god be with you' or 'may the lord forgive you' and all that polite, I dont want to talk about it nonsense. All I want is for people to give me an honest reply to their belief in this god bologne and to figure out how this big fairytale emerged and managed to ensnare a world. I am also quite narrow minded but only because being too broad minded disrupts the sense of reality and you can become confused. Thats the way I was for a while and having to deal with that on top of other things became a bit much, so I made my decision, and for me it was the right one. I am not looking for a reson to go back, a 'conversion', Im looking for the reason so many people choose to put their faith and lives into all the different religions across the world. So far by being nice, all Ive gotten is 'Faith, love, belief, trust, and 'cos you need to believe in something''. I dont want to wage a war or anything but short of trying to wipe out religion theres not much else to do about it. I dont destroy faith or god but I have a tendency to feed doubt, maybe that is immaturity, trying to impose my beliefs and anger at religion on others, I dont know. And lastly, to finish off this, my first clean no-potty mouthed reply. I dont whistle in the dark, I shout in order to get heard amongst the crowd. Oh and rfrcofe, theres not much point pointing out my typos if youre gonna make one yourself straight after. Just check your intro.Peace out Praize.
Quote Reply
I am closing this thread. If you care to discuss any of this tripe further, please open a new thread in the Debates area. Before you do so, however, please reread the Terms of Service at www.praize.com/forums/TOS/.

Cursing, blasphemy and name-calling/insulting will still not be allowed in the Debates forums.