The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL?

Quote Reply
IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL?
THE BIBLE IS PERFECTLY CLEAR ABOUT ALL OF THIS IF READ HIS WORD!!! IN FACT IF YOU READ HIS WORD YOU MIGHT FIND THAT HE GIVES A COVENANT GUARANTEE TO ANSWER YOUR CALL IF YOU WALK IN HIS WORD. JOHN IN HIS BOOK OF 1ST JOHN EVEN PROMISES US THAT PERFECT LOVE DRIVES OUT ALL FEAR.

WHAT I HAVE SAID IS THAT;IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER, A CHILD OF THE LORD THEN YOU WALK IN HIS GRACE WITHOUT FEAR. IT IS TIME TO READ THE WORD OF GOD CAREFULLY AND WALK SECURELY IN IT.

IF I WERE A CHILD OF THE WORLD AND FACED WHAT I FACE IN THE MEDICAL WORLD I COULD SAY HOPE AND FAITH HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED FROM THIS WORLD ; YOU KNOW WHAT MY SURGEON BELIEVES IN BEGINNING ALL SURGERY WITH PRAYER, THERE FORE WHEN I AM SEDATED ON THAT SURGICAL PLATFORM I AM IN HIS HANDS AND WILL REST SECURELY THAT I WILL SEE HIM WITHOUT DOUBTAND BE IN HIS PRESENCE ;THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD STANDING WITH DEB AND MY FAMILY BEFORE HIM

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 12, 2018, 12:20 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
Jim, all my best hopes and thoughts to you as you prepare for surgery and for when you are in recovery.

Hugs and love.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 12, 2018, 1:56 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
Hi, Jim,
Yes, you are going through a surgery... but we don't have to be heading to surgery to be in a situation where we need the Lord. Here in Phoenix, people are killed almost daily while walking across the street! They cross between lights and a car hits them. Some are not even in a cross-walk! I don't know why they do that. But people are killed daily just doing regular things.. We don't need to be going through surgery.

WHAT I HAVE SAID IS THAT;IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER, A CHILD OF THE LORD THEN YOU WALK IN HIS GRACE WITHOUT FEAR. IT IS TIME TO READ THE WORD OF GOD CAREFULLY AND WALK SECURELY IN IT.

That is all well and good for you to say... but walking in His grace, without fear...
That is an option that we all need to make, and it is not so easy! I think the only way one can walk that way is to KNOW God, know His Word... to TRUST in the Word and in Him... to CHOOSE to believe. It is a decision. It is not something that just happens or just comes naturally. It is a decision.
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 12, 2018, 1:55 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
IT IS LIFE FOR ME!!---THE WORD ALIVE IN ME IS MY ONLY HOPE.
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
Hi Sarah and Jim.

You are right, Sarah, that people die everyday and most do not know when they get up in the morning that their death will come. I assume believing that all goes according to God's plan might be a sort of comfort to some.

But...what is it that you fear?

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
Hi, Jeanne,
Are you asking ME what I fear?
According to scripture, I should say, "Nothing". For I Tim. 1:9 says, "God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind." That is the law I live by. It is my choice. I can have a spirit of fear if I choose to own it, but why would I.

Every day when I go to get the mail, a spirit of fear comes upon me because I have fallen so many times. But I speak to it and say, out loud, Ps. 23 Surely goodness and mercy shall fallow me all the days of my life." And I visualize two HUGE angels on either side of me and my step is renewed. Sometimes I worry about Jim driving home in rush-hour traffic, but again I pray, knowing that Abba will send angels to protect him when I ask. Sometimes I pray about outliving Jim (which is NOT according to My plan!) and what would I do if that happened. That thought doesn't usually stay very long though because I refuse to receive it.

Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean that I don't have worries. I SHOULDN'T have. But my humanity enters in. It is up to ME to relieve the stress, but I do have to work at it at times.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Hi Sarah.

Well...yes, I was asking you and Jim, because of the statement made of "walking in God's grace and without fear"...I think that was it.

But, you answer that your fears are the normal fears of any sentient human. I was thinking that there was some specific fear that you and all Christians had.

You are right; a person can choose to live in fear, although most times that is a mental disorder or a behavioral disorder, which may or may not be overcome with therapy and/or psychotropic or anxiety drugs.

Why would any "normal" person choose to live in fear? Your faith works as a form of therapy for you and that is wonderful.

I have some of the same fears and worries and I also choose to live without fear, but have to work a different sort of therapy on myself, since I don't have the faith of a believer.

Thanks for answering my question.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
Hi, Jeanne,
I wanted to comment on a statement you made. You may want to take it to a different post... up to you.
You said, " I assume believing that all goes according to God's plan might be a sort of comfort to some."

I (we) cannot assume that "all goes according to God's will". I think that often things happen that are NOT according to God's will. Sometimes He will tell us not to go to a certain place and we will go anyway. So then if something negative happens, we cannot blame God for it. I'm sure that God would have been more pleased if Adam and Eve had NOT eaten the apple. That was definitely NOT God's will but they did it in disrespect to Him.
So I just understood what you meant, but I wanted to qualify your statement.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Ah, I see.

I was replying about those who are "walking in God's grace" and assuming that the path they take is in accordance with God's plan and them having no fear because they know they are right with God.

Does that make sense?

-Jeanne
Quote Reply

THE PROBLEM IS THE LOCATION WE CHOOSE FOR OUR AFFECTIONS WE ARE EITHER COMPLETELY IN THE WILL OF THE LORD OR JUST SOUTH OF THERE ---HELL

THE PROBLEM IS EVEN THOUGH ALL DOES NOT GO ACCORDING TO THE WILL OF GOD AS LONG AS WE ARE IN THE FLESH OR A HUMAN BEING. IT IS THE SAME ---YOU CHOSE TO BE ATHEISTIC AND FOLLOW THOSE TENENTS CAREFULLY. IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER AND A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST THEN BE A FOLLOWER OF THE WORD OF GOD BEING IN GOD'S GRACE MEANS TO BE WHERE THE GRACE IN THE WORD OF GOD IS.
JESUS TOLD US HE IS THE WAY TRUTH AND LIGHT AND NO MAN CAAN COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM, IN ANOTHER PLACE THE WRITER TOLD US HE,JESUS, IS THE WORD-- SO IT FOLLOWS THAT BEING IN THE WORD AND IMPORTANT STAYING IN THE WORD BEHAVIORALLY IS BEING IN THE GRACE OF GOD.

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH THE CROSS OF JESUS.

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: May 14, 2018, 4:03 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

How are you doing? Okay, I hope or even better.

Yes, I understand that for many Christians, it is either God's way via Jesus or hell.

<<THE PROBLEM IS EVEN THOUGH ALL DOES NOT GO ACCORDING TO THE WILL OF GOD AS LONG AS WE ARE IN THE FLESH OR A HUMAN BEING.....IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER AND A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST THEN BE A FOLLOWER OF THE WORD OF GOD BEING IN GOD'S GRACE MEANS TO BE WHERE THE GRACE IN THE WORD OF GOD IS. >>

Isn't that what I wrote? Or at least, I think I understand what you mean to say and that is what I wrote.

But, now you have to explain this to me:

<<YOU CHOSE TO BE ATHEISTIC AND FOLLOW THOSE TENENTS CAREFULLY.>>

What tenets am I choosing to follow carefully, Jim?

Yes, I chose to be an atheist based on my experience, education and reasoning...but that is it. I just do not have any belief in any gods or a God or any entity or realm beyond the material one.

What tenets am I following, though? I don't know of any Atheist Tenets.

Just to be clear; "a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy."

The only one is a lack of deity belief and that is the ONLY principle that all atheists have. Outside of that one, atheists come in all flavors.

Pretty much, I choose to follow traditional principles and my own tenets, if we can be said to have our own, of honor, duty, truth, compassion, thrift. Believe you me, those are not principles shared or approved by all atheists or even by all human beings, whether believers or non-believers. And...that is because each is a uniquely different person.

Anyway. Get better, come back and fuss at me.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jeanne: Hi Jim: Hope you are holding out against our opposition, in the power of The Spirit of Christ.

You wrote: THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH THE CROSS OF JESUS.

And this is most likely true in both the literal and figurative sense. But our understanding what it implies may differ according to our preconceptions.

Clearly you believe it means becoming a 'Christian' with all that that entails. That's fine but there might be other ways of looking at that statement which also make good scriptural sense.

Recently I had a conversation with someone who believed much as you do about how we obtain God's willingness to "no longer count our sins against us."

Quote:
[MPaul] To believe on him includes who he is and what he has done.
Jesus in the gospel said:
"..you are from beneath; I am from above..if you believe not that 'I AM' you will die in your sins" Jn 8:23

But, by your own reasoning you seem to believe that Christ has only taken some of the sins of some of the world and the rest remain 'held against them' eternally if they died having not actually having believed in and become a follower of Christ.

Whereas John The Baptist and St Paul, using slightly different words, seemed to be convinced that Jesus 'Taketh away the sins of The [whole] World' Jn. 1:29, not just the sins of some selected ones from it, who were fortunate enough to hear and respond positively to the 'message of reconciliation' addressed to 'The World', through Christ's ambassadors / workers / disciples etc.

The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Matt.9:37. It may be a mistake to think that it is our job as workers to save some of the harvest for God. In fact the whole harvest is already God's, we are just recruiting more workers like ourselves from God's harvest, so that, 'The Kingdom of God on Earth' increases and hell is pushed back to its very gates. Matt.16:18.

[MPaul] Not sure how you conclude the first part of that. That is like saying that you think the bloke that wins the lottery but doesn’t realise it and never collects, benefits from his good fortune. Seems a bit like the Calvinists’ limited atonement concept.
No, the gospel is freely available to all, it is just that not all avail themselves of its opportunity..unfortunately..I wish they would

First, (God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself. I take that to mean everyone who has ever or will ever live), the effect of which was, God no longer holds their sins against them.

Surely the whole point of The Judgment, as you seem to view it, is for God to actually hold sinners sins against them, try them, declare them guilty, if guilty, and hand down a suitable sentence on them or acquit them on the grounds that, though guilty as everyone else, they became a Christian sometime during their earthly life. (If they lived at the right place, in the right time, and heard the right Gospel from a Holy Spirit motivated servant of God. A really lucky chain of circumstances).

That is more like EVERYBODY getting a free winning lottery ticket but when they go to collect their free prize many are however disgruntled when they discover that they are actually no wealthier than anyone else who got a free winning ticket. Matt.20:12. Some rejoice in their good fortune, (they are better off than before), while others are resentful that they are not substantially better off than everyone else. They accuse the lottery organizer of incompetence or downright injustice and claim that they would rather have nothing at all than see such a bunch of no good losers and ne're do wells getting the same prize as them, and all this scandalously without actually anyone having even BOUGHT, (i.e. paid for and therefore, deserved), a ticket for themselves.

But what about the ones who didn't even reclaim their winnings? You ask.

Well they still have a winning ticket. God's forbearance of The World is not something we have to 'cash in' like a lottery ticket or get signed off like a money off voucher.

When God is no longer holding a person's sins against them, they don't even need to 'know it' to reap the actual benefit. Rom.4:7. However, a person who previously believed themselves condemned by God, but now discovers they are no longer under the threat of nemesis by a vengeful and retributive God, might be more likely to respond with gratitude, even love. Luke 7:47.

That is the reason we preach The Gospel of Reconciliation. Mainly because we have taken the step ourselves to respond to God's initiative in being reconciled with 'us' in Christ, by being ourselves reconciled with Him, and by demonstrating that reconciliation by promulgating the message of reconciliation, He has entrusted us with.

Namely, that: "In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them".

And: "Love covers a multitude of sins". 1 Pet. 4:8.

Atheists are closer to believing that "God no longer holds their sins against them" than are most Christians. Most Christians, it seems are convinced God holds atheists sins against them, which quite contradicts what St Paul wrote in Holy Scripture, and they seem happy to believe the opposite to what God has said is true.

Atheists could quite possibly be God's 'free lottery winners' in that they neither try to fool God by pretending to be 'good' when they don't want to be or demand special treatment from God because they feel they have kept the rules. In fact they aren't really sure that God exists at all, but are pretty sure He doesn't, because He has never appeared to them to settle the matter once and for all, in terms they can find convincing. They must rely entirely on their own conscience and character to know and do the right thing. Jeanne is just such a person and God loves her for it. God has freedom of choice, Jeanne is made in God's image and likeness, she therefore also has freedom of choice, as do we all.

Telling such a person, that "God no longer holds their sins against them", has no meaning because they have settled in their own mind that God is neither pleased or displeased with them, because God simply is not real, (For Them). Just as you have settled in your mind that Christ, and faith in Him is the way to God.

If God is real, then there will come a time when they will know that God is real and recognize how He has always known and loved them, just for who they are, not for what they have done. The same for you and me. According to St Paul, "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them. If God is real, there will be much to learn, for everybody and everyone will know it.

If God is not real, (which you and I doubt, but Jeanne believes), if God is not real, then none of us have anything to fear. We have no recollection of before we entered the world, and we will have no recollection after departing from it. If God is not real, we will never know it.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: May 16, 2018, 12:50 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO WHAT I WROTE IAM NOT SURE THAT I CAN AGREE WITH ALL OF IT. THE MOST IMPORTANT IS THE TEACHING AVAILABLE FRROM YOUR WORK IF PEOPLE WILL TAKE TIME AND STUDY IT OUT.
Quote Reply
JEANNE FOR THE MOSTPART THAT PART OF MY POST WAS A REPEAT INFORMATION AND A MISTAKE I MADE.
THE INDIVIDUAL THAT GAVE IT TO ME ASSUMED THAT EVEN ATHEISTS FOLLOWED A TYPE OF BEHAVIOR.
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

I cannot blame any Christian for assuming that atheism is a cult of evil, as they read such in their Bible and are told such in many, many churches by religious leaders that they trust to reveal God's truth to them. As most atheists do not reveal themselves to their Christian friends and family, neither can I fault those people for lacking knowledge of the atheists among them, whom they enjoy as friends, love as family and trust to do good and not evil.

And...that is a shame. I suspect there are Christians, whom you might not trust fully to do good or to bring into your home among your loved ones or whom you might count as dependable friends. There are atheists just the same...and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists, because we are human beings first and all humans are just what their lives have made them, prone to many faults, have many issues and have ulterior motives for their actions; we are all and each damaged in some manner because of what living brought us.

And...we each make assumptions about others, especially others who are different from us and what we know and what we believe is right and normal.

The true enemy for all is evil, whatever form one thinks or believes it takes. And...the common denominator of good human beings is that they believe that evil must always be fought against, guarded against in whatever form it takes.

I think that even those humans, who are apathetic about the true nature of evil, recognize it when they experience it. For all the rhetorical jabber about "evil" from those who disagree vehemently with each other, these people know that true evil is more than just denying the climate change is caused by humans or that not all agree that public bathrooms should be open to any sex a person decides they are on any given day.

We just find something else to get in a lather over, when we have too many creature comforts and too much time on our hands. When people are bone-tired from working hard just to get by, then they tend not to confuse what is really important.

"Assumed that EVEN Atheists followed a type of behavior". That implies that Christians and other believers follow a type of behavior. No Christian I ever knew or know follows a type of behavior. I guess those in a cult tend to follow a type of behavior, but cults can be any sort of belief or non-belief and have more to do with personality traits and psychological quirks or disorders than being truly about religion and deity belief.

Thank goodness that most religions do not demand a type of behavior from their members, but acknowledge that there are many paths to understanding what is needed to be good and to deny evil. And...thank goodness that nearly all religious and humanist groups have very nearly the same core set of principles that encourage good over evil.

It is so very sad that many religious leaders perpetrate the lie that an atheist has no love in their heart and therefore cannot love another person or themselves or life and that atheists have no capacity to do good. Why not then would any atheist keep their non-belief to themselves and pretend for the sake of their families and own sanity and happiness to be a good believer, even as religious leaders and their own families and friends rail against atheists in general?

I thought perhaps you knew me better than to assume I followed some type of behavior, which all atheists agreed upon as some sort of commandments. Atheists cannot agree on anything except that they do not believe in gods and similar "supernatural" entities. Actually, some do accept the existence of odd things, such as ghosts, a sort of after life and the benefits of spirituality...just not gods or God, Satan, heaven, hell, angels, demons.

Sorry, this is a long post. Rest up, Jim. Surround yourself with your faith and prayer, for I know it makes you stronger. And...that which makes you stronger can only be good. I accept that fully as I accept that you are a good human being.

Hugs and hugs and good wishes for a speedy recovery, my friend.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

Can't sleep and just wrote a longer than expected reply to Jim. You might get a short one.

You write:

<<Telling such a person, that "God no longer holds their sins against them", has no meaning because they have settled in their own mind that God is neither pleased or displeased with them, because God simply is not real, (For Them). Just as you have settled in your mind that Christ, and faith in Him is the way to God. >>

Yes, you are right. For me, there is no God, there is only me. Left to my own devices, I choose the best way for me based upon my experience of my life and a true desire to be better. I was lucky to have a legacy of goodness and not evil from my parents and community. My tendency to be a Pollyanna is not a bad thing for encouraging me to hope for betterment, to try harder, to remember my true self even when times get tough.

<<If God is real, then there will come a time when they will know that God is real and recognize how He has always known and loved them, just for who they are, not for what they have done. The same for you and me. According to St Paul, "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them. If God is real, there will be much to learn, for everybody and everyone will know it.>>

I am willing to be judged if there is a Creator Deity who cares about human beings and our goings on. This very, very complicated entity defies understanding based upon what humans tell of it. If this entity exists, I do not reason that it is of Christianity or Islam or Judaism, Mirthraism, Hinduism or any ism or religion humans have been arrogant enough to attribute to divine exhortations. But...willy nilly, I go there if that is the way it works. Who knows what that which might be left after the body dies experiences?

<<If God is not real, (which you and I doubt, but Jeanne believes), if God is not real, then none of us have anything to fear. We have no recollection of before we entered the world, and we will have no recollection after departing from it. If God is not real, we will never know it.>>

If death is a big sleep...well, sleep is pleasant. If it is nothing...well, nothing is what I was before. If we get reincarnated...well, there we go again.

Maybe there is no Creator Deity at all, and whatever death is it is a natural process to be discovered by each alone. A cycle of energy moving from living to non-living and back again or into a different form of energy. None of that is fearful.

If God is of the Christian persuasion, than that is a Creator Deity of supposed love, forgiveness and understanding that surpasses all human imagination of such good traits. That is not fearful, either.

I have to ask, Chris. Did you ever read "Waiting for the Galactic Bus" by Parke Godwin? Interesting and amusing tale of how things came to be on Earth. A short novel, which you might find entertaining.

Who knows?

Hope all is well.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
THE BIBLE STATES THAT HE JESUS IS THE WAY (THE ONLY WAY} THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT AND NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM
JESUS PAID FOR AND PAVED THAT WAY TO THE FATHER
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi

THE BIBLE STATES THAT HE JESUS IS THE WAY (THE ONLY WAY} THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT AND NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM

If by that you mean EVERYBODY WHO COMES TO THE FATHER DOES SO THROUGH THE SELF SACRIFICIAL ACT OF CHRIST AT GOLGOTHA ON GOOD FRIDAY, ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE, then I fully agree with what you say.

Regards Chris.

In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: May 17, 2018, 11:20 AM
Quote Reply
THERE IS AN ATTITUDE THAT IS CURRENT WITH THE COMING OF JESUS AND THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE LEVEL OF FEAR IN THE HUMAN MIND. THE MIND OF A MAN OR WOMAN THAT IS HIDDEN WITH CHRIST IN GOD IS AN UNREAL THREAT TO THE TERRORISTS .
THE TERRORISTS HAS NO WEAPON AGAINST HIM.
IN THE COMING DAYS THE WORD OF GOD IS YOUR ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST THE FEAR THAT WILL ENCOMPASS THE WORLD AT THIS POINT.
I THINK OF THE YOUNG MINISTER FROM AFRICA THAT WAS SKINNED ALIVE AND DID NOTHING BUT SHOUT PRAISES TO THE LORD AND IN HIS FAITH PROMPTEDD A REVIVAL BECAUSE THOSE THAT WOULD TORTURE HIM OR HIS FAMILY WERE HELPLESS IN THE FACE OF THE GRACE OF GOD.
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

Trying to understand your post.

Are you saying that there will be overwhelming fear when Jesus returns because the world will be engulfed in Armageddon? Are you saying that the terrorists of current time, Islamists, will fear God, even as they behead and torture to death non-Islamists? And...that God/Jesus will destroy them for the sake of those who are true Christians?

Or are you saying that there is overwhelming fear in the human mind now? If so, how are these days different from any others in our human history?

When are the days coming in which God will be the only defense against the fear of those days?

I greatly suspect that those who are tortured to death should out whatever it is that brings any courage to them as they are brutally and slowly killed. That a devout Christian shouted out phrases of praise to his God and Savior would be a natural thing for him to do to steel himself against the fear and pain. That is how martyrs are made and is why they usually prompt a new urge to promote revivals of faith or rebellion against tyrants. That is a horrible way to die and the history of humanity is filled with such evil done to regular human beings.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Greetings All

Jim (M7th)

And Chris, you responded:
If by that you mean EVERYBODY WHO COMES TO THE FATHER DOES SO THROUGH THE SELF SACRIFICIAL ACT OF CHRIST AT GOLGOTHA ON GOOD FRIDAY, ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE, then I fully agree with what you say.
I, in essence, also fully agree that the blood of Jesus covers every human's sin (something he has done that he is not proud of) even from Adam to the last man ever to be born. But ( I always have to stick mine in) the caveat is 1 John 1:

The Incarnation of the Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our[a] joy complete.
Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[b] sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

So there are some qualifications to RECEIVING the forgiveness of our sins. In verse 1, the apostle refers back to his gospel - John 1:1 " and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us" and in verse 10 he says his word (Jesus) is not in us, which means that a persons sins are not forgiven, because they refuse to believe that they have done anything unrighteous.

2 Corinthians 5:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;So everyone has the opportunity to be reconciled to God because He reconciled the whole world's sins through the us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

We who are IN CHRIST are the ones to tell those who are not in Christ that the loving Creator God has made a way for their sins to be forgiven through, back to 1 John 1:9 IF they confess their sins God is faithful and just to forgive their sins and cleanse them from all their unrighteousness.
So every sin is forgiven but not everyone accepts THE SELF SACRIFICIAL ACT OF CHRIST AT GOLGOTHA ON GOOD FRIDAY, ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE, then I fully agree with what you say.

God wishes that all men would repent and be saved from their sins & has made that way possible but not all will because He has given everyone a free will to either be their own god with all the benefits that come with playing god, or realize that the one who created all things can supply all our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus IF we become IN Christ by trusting Him with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding by acknowledging His plan so we can be directed down the narrow path that leads to eternal life.

Quote Reply
Re: [jamesgodson] IS PRAYER A REAL CONVERSATION WITH THE FATHER OF ALL? In reply to
jamesgodson: Hi

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. Jn.1:29.

Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! Jn.1:35-36.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

As usual, the antiquated English of The KJV is difficult to understand for 21st century Americans and English speakers alike.

From now on, therefore, we regard no one from a human point of view; even though we once knew Christ from a human point of view, we know him no longer in that way. (NRSV)

The comparison is how Christ is understood by:
(1) The World, (as we were before we heard and believed the message that "God is no longer holding their sins against them, i.e the world"), and:

(2) Disciples, who now appreciate that wonderful fact, have believed it and responded appropriately.

So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!

Everything about sin, righteousness and judgment is viewed entirely differently by 'Disciples' than it was by 'worldlings'. When we understand what God has done, through Christ, for us i.e the world.

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation;

We have done nothing at this point apart from being translated from 'the world' to the status of Discipleship, i.e. 'learner of God's grace'.

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us.

This is not about Disciples though, it is about 'the world' and therefore 'worldlings' who cannot understand God's Grace because they are blinded and kept in ignorance of it, by The Devil.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Cor.4:3-4.

Since when has it been right to condemn 'lost' people and blame them for being 'lost'? This is not a passage declaring who will be burned in Hell. It is describing what we were like when still 'worldlings' before we became Disciples and everything about God, sin, righteousness, judgment etc. suddenly looked 'different' to us.

The world no longer has their sins held against them by God, but they are lost and blinded to that fact because they are enthralled by Satan, but not because they are necessarily his willing servants to be 'Judged' alongside him, because he is already judged. Jn.16:8-10.

And when he [The Holy Spirit] comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because they do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will see me no longer; about judgment, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.

And here is the message of reconciliation that we deliver to 'the world':

"We entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God, who no longer is holding your sins against you. Accept God's initiative and get to know Him better."

So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us; we entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

No body KNOWS exactly in what ways we have sinned against God and our neighbour. We will NEVER fully know what we need to 'confess' to God, i.e. the fullest extent of what God could hold against us. The greatest of our sins 'that God is refusing to hold against us' is rejecting out of hand, His offer of reconciliation, bought for us while we were still sinning, by the blood of His Only Son. Disciples, like you and me, were being forgiven that DAILY until we finally 'got the message'.

Reconciliation is a wonderfully healing experience. Unfortunately 'worldlings' are blinded to that too, along with all the other life enhancing gifts God bestows on the enlightened.

But they can't reject God's decision 'To no longer hold their sins against them', because THEY can do absolutely NOTHING about that. It is entirely a decision God has already made, and is then patiently awaiting their enlightened response.

We don't know enough about God's eventual solution to the problem of those whose 'Gods Grace Blindness' seems permanent in this life to be able to speculate with any certainty. It is simply not our job to inquire. It is our job merely to convey the message that 'God no longer holds their sins against them', the world that is.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: May 19, 2018, 10:01 AM