The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

A New Idea!

Quote Reply
A New Idea!
Last Sunday at church, Pastor suggested that we need to start praying for our local schools. Of course we should have started doing this a long time ago, but we humans take things rather lightly unless they affect us personally or they become common. Well, when fourteen of our children are killed, I think it is time to take it personally. This didn't just affect Florida or Florida families. This affected ALL of us. This shooting not only affected these people, but it affected all that they would do in their lives, all that they would have done for others, all the children they would have had and all the future generations! That one shooting changed a LOT of human futures. I find that depressing!

During this same week a young boy approached me. He was probably nine or ten years old. I walk to the mailbox every day, a matter of about eight minutes that I am outside. I figured this had to be a God-thing. It was too rare to be just a coincidence! He said he was getting a drink outside and a man approached him and he ran. I don't know how true the story was, but I ended up taking him home. Both his parents answered the door and the school had called them. I don't know what was real and what wasn't, but it was a situation that needed attention. It was just a notice to me to pray for our schools. When I was young, school was a safe place. It no longer is. Won't you agree with me and promise to pray for your schools and the children within at least twice a week? How hard is that?