The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

My parents understand sometimes but then

Quote Reply
My parents understand sometimes but then
Well thats a difficult question. My parents understand but then they dont. When me and my long time boyfriend they understand that it hurt me and they knew I didnt mean to be really mean. But then they dont understand going into your junior year in high school is very stressful. And my 16th birthday is coming up and they dont trust me to drive. And another thing Im white and they wont let me date any africian americans which bothers me because the one I want to date is very sweet. What did yall think? Tiffany
Quote Reply
Re: My parents understand sometimes but then In reply to
Tiffany,

Some parents can be over protective. You'll have to respect that. My parents are like that. Talk to them and get their point of view on why they don't want you to do the things that they tell you they don't want you to do. Talk to them calmly, not with the "I'm going to prove my point" attitude, it'll make things worse. You'll find out that there could be something that they don't think you're ready for and they want to wait until you can prove that you are.

About the african-american boyfriend issue, ask your parents what it is about him that they don't like. There may be a case that they know something about him that you don't know and it may not be because of racial purposes.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to e-mail me at Quayla349@praize.com
Quote Reply
I'm feeling your pain. My parents wouldn't let me date a hispanic. But it turned out it wasn't because she was hispanic, she was just... different... she killed my puppy. But as much as it pains me to say, as a Christian you must honor your father and mother. So basically, if they don't want you to do something you have 2 good options. The first is to just obey what they say. The second, and best, is to try and maturely reason with them and try to reach some common ground. But never do anything they don't want you doing... until your an adult.
Quote Reply
Hey

I think you should ask your mom and dad why you can't go out with an African American. I mean we're all humans the color of your skin doesn't change that. My dad is always getting mad because everybody keeps saying that African American are nothing like us because we're white and they're black. Tell your mom and dad some of that maybe they'll change they're minds.