The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

unreached in our schools

Quote Reply
unreached in our schools
I was walking around today and got really friggin depressed simply because I realized how many people in my school were going to go to hell. Also the ones that are left out of the "popular crowd". We have a bunch of new kids in our school this year, and I admit not all of them are people I would hang out with. But why not? I mean if one of these "left out" kids commits suicide due to the lack of friends, I would feel majourly guilty...does anyone else feel like this?
Quote Reply
Re: unreached in our schools In reply to
im not saying that i enjoyed it, but i started school w/ the populare kids and majorly felt bad for the ones my "friends" picked on. then i started hanging out w/ a more understanding crowed. it felt a lot better. but during lunch my "friends" started avoiding me becuase i couldnt trust them. i no some from last year and they have really big mouths and not enough space for trust in their hearts.
Quote Reply
I am now starting to wonder if I was put into your post for a reason. I thought I was the only one! There's this kid who sits on the stairs during lunch and puts his head in his shirt so no one can see him. I went over with my friend Sarah and we talked to him but he thoughtwe were picking on him. We told him if he wanted we would be his friend sbut he didn't respond. The next day i went to him with Sarah and my other frind KT(Katie). Katie wants to be a sk8er and so when the sk8ers started throwing rotten bananas at him she started saying things like: "Why can't you get friends?" and all these mean things so that the sk8ers would see her. The whole day afterwards I was wondering how he felt because I've been put in that situation and it really didn't make me feel too gr8...i wonder right now if he is still alive because I kno that when it happened to me i didn't want to be (alive). I have gr8 friends now tho and I want every person who doesn't have a friend to be mine. So to ur question YES I FEEL THIS WAY ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck with your situation...

Caitlin C8lynn91@hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Yes. I do know what u are saying. Im a junior and majority of my schools students are drugies. Majority are fairly nice people, but others have crule hearts...

I was made fun of for the first time to day for beeing a Christian and reading the Bible while in school. They told me about a boy who carries his bible arround in school. Hes made fun of for praying be for his football games... its my goal to find him tomarrow.

People make there own choices but bad desisions have consequences

Million

Feel like talkin my Sn for AIM is Moon8lit9night Or on Yahoo Milli0nmilesaway
Quote Reply
You know what i was think about the same thing. I mean really all you can do is pray and show Gods love through your self. They will realize one day that you were a light to them. You wiil be thanked. Shine your Light! Matt. 5
Quote Reply
 I think the sad thing about your story is that you go around and judge whether people go to Hell. The Bible does not like judgment. Who are you to say who is going to Hell? Little "hell" comments like that is the reason so many people hate christians. Don't be so judgmental.
Quote Reply
I really don't think that dreamingofzion was being judgmental by that comment. She saw the depravity of her fellow students. You're right, who really knows who is going to hell and who is not? Only God. But she brings up a valid point. To her perception, if they are really christians, then shouldn't they be acting like one? "By their fruits ye shall know them." Obviously they aren't bearing fruit if they ARE christians, so she is assuming they are on the road to hell. This also lets her see the need to witness, which is great. If you witness to someone who already believes then you get to meet a fellow bro-sis in Christ. You can make assumptions as long as they basically don't hurt others and if you are able you were wrong if the assumption was incorrect.
Quote Reply
 Isn't assuming someone's on the road to Hell the same as judging them. Does she know all of these kids personally? In my opinion that's judging.

You also said you can make assumptions on people, as long as it basically dosen't hurt anyone. I'm going to have to disagree on this one. If we can go around judging other's, even though we aren't really hurting anybody, then why can't we go around covetting? We aren't really hurting anybody.Then why can't we take the Lord's name in vein (vane, I don't know)? It's not hurting anybody. Why can't we lust after peole? We aren't hurting anybody. I find it inconsistent.

I'll go ahead and make the assumption that God dosen't want people to make assumptions.
Quote Reply
I really think she wasnt trying to jugde just concerned. God loves when we are concerned for others it show that we care. I pray for those that i am concerned for and the rest God handles.
Quote Reply
She said, "I realized how many people in my school were going to go to hell". Yes, that is judging, whether or not she was concerned or not is beyond me. But it is still judging.
Quote Reply
ggd316 (ggd316) You wrote:

Isn't assuming someone's on the road to Hell the same as judging them. Does she know all of these kids personally? In my opinion that's judging.

Judging is not the same as 'condemning', sensuring, or shunning. Judgement is what we are called to do 'with true 'judgement'. That means we need to be in possession of as many true facts about the person as possible before deciding whether they are truly responsible for their behaviour. When we are sure we know they are actually culpable and responsible then we might rebuke them for behaviour to others or forgive them for behaviour to ourselves as appropriate.

It is not our business here on earth to assess whether someone is going to heaven or not. It is our commission to preach the Good News to all who will listen while avoiding throwing pearls to pigs.

Love Chris.

Quote Reply
I think 'condeming', sensuring, and shunning is just as bad as judging. The only way you can possibly assume one is to go to Hell is to know them personally. If you are just walking about your school and see a kid wearing all black, nose rings, and a bag of hemp in his pocket dosen't mean he's going to Hell. (I'm not saying that's what happened, I put together a scenerio) Even if the kids in her school are doing "immoral" things or blaspheming god still dosen't mean they are going to Hell. Because first off, they are young and subject to change, just as you are. Who knows, maybe they will end up "good christians" later in life, and you might lose your job and wife and turn out to be a raging alcoholic arsonist (not saying that will happen). Everything is subject to change, it's wrong to make the assumption that someone will or will not be going to Hell. We can all change.

And I would like to know what these kids did to make you think they were going to go to Hell.
Quote Reply
Well at my school there is a lot of cursing and well my school is full of druggies and a lot of sexually behavior too. So ya that what makes me think there going to hell because they are on the wrong path that leads to destruction. I care for those ppl and i want to help them anyway i can. iwas reached and they can be reached too.
Quote Reply
I agree, I graduated from my school a couple months ago, I got out a few years earlier than most people. It depressed me to see half of the students on heroin. But that dosen't mean they will go to Hell. They're just kids, they have their whole lives to straightened out. But heroin is a hard drug.

No matter what the person has done, Jesus still loves them (according to christianity), their lives aren't over yet.

We shouldn't judge christians, non christians, druggies, rich people, beggars, buddhists, or anybody. We all look the same in our grave.