The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Schools in the US...

Quote Reply
Schools in the US...
Hey, I was just wondering how hard is it to be a christian in a public school in the states? Canada it's pretty easy no one really cares, but from what I understand you guys face a lot more persecution then we do...so let me know
Quote Reply
Re: Schools in the US... In reply to
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by percecution.

Usually it is pretty easy. Just depends on the students in the school. Sometimes I have a hard time because many in my school are athiest and not just the quiet athiests who don't start things. They like to argue and constantly put down others' thoughts. I try to avoid those people and study up on the bible if I know I have to be near them in the day. Other than that, for me its just my values. Most like to make sexual jokes, cuss, ect. but there are a few people (like me) who refrain from doing such things.

What was suprising to me is that in junior high, we all pretty much ignored the entire religion issues, but now people ask me about it (like I said earlier, some just for the sake of arguing). I sometimes bring my bible to school to read while I'm waiting on my ride. That's when questions are usually asked. Depends on who you hang around and their beliefs.

What's it like in Canada?

Quote Reply
hi im jonathan i speak spanish im from chile south america.i go to a christian school so thank god if you guys wanna email me great
Quote Reply
Here, in Boyd County, KY it was really hard to be a Christian at my high school. Mainly because Boyd County High School has the reputation of being one of the few schools to allow a Gay Straight Alliance to be a club in the school system. Honestly, it was always about human rights and accepting homosexuals, but having a Christian club was hard because it had to be on the downlow and you couldn't really be open about it.

A lot of Wiccians and Atheists attended my school. So they were always accusing Christians of trying to push their religion on them. It was just an awkward situation.

In my opinion, though, religion shouldn't be a part of a school system. Unless it's privately owned, or a religious based school.
Quote Reply
It says I live in Canada, but really I'm from Texas, USA. It all depends on who you surround yourslef with. Put yourself in front of a group of non-christian people, and you hear alot about sex and gossip and cheating... lots of cussing... but Hang around the right people and they give positive peer pressure and will pray for you if you are going down the wrong path and alk to you if they see you making a wrong decision, etc. It all depends. For most people its extremely tough. For me its not because I have Christian friends.
Quote Reply
Here in New York I think that it is very hard to be a Christian in school. There is a lot of diversity here and peoples' beliefs are all very different. Talking to a lot of people about Christianity is very hard also because most of the the people around here are obviously raised to believe in what their parents belive in and aren't willing to listen to new ideas. There are a lot of opportunities to give in to temptation or just associating yourself with people that really only pull you away from God around here, not just in school but even around my house..sadly people that I even consider my friends. Its hard to give everything up(for me because I'm a born-again Christian and havent been raised Christian my whole life) because your so used to your old life. Your beliefs may offend the people around you or even cause your friends to think a lot differently of you and ultimately create distance between you but these are the things that you must do for God. I know that in my life that there is so much more that I can do to make myself closer to God but its difficult. It takes time and a lot of patience but its all up to you. If you truly want to have God in your life and get away from sin, you can really make a strong effort to get yourself away from world things and work on your relationship with God but if you aren't willing to make sacrifices then it will be very complicated. ~God Bless!!
Quote Reply
Well for me at River Valley in Mich. it is hard because there if you are a christian, everyone is out to get you, to prove you wrong of your faith. My friends i have been working on, but they dont seem to care. School work for us is HARD! I had an essay due today, and it had to be at least 3 pages! my teacher asigned it Wed. and then i had anther report too! Wow... school can be difficult, i wonder how students can handle it w/ out God? I couldnt... he relieves me of my stress... pray for those who dont have christ in their lives. God has change me (in a great way) ever since i became a part of him. I was one of the lost but now... i am found.