The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

I think I hate school

Quote Reply
I think I hate school
School is the scariest thing ever. The people are so intimidating, the teachers are so mean and everything just plain scares me. I just started high school and I find myself panicking constantly over even going to my locker. I'm a straight "A" student but it's like I just can't do it anymore.....how am I gonna last 4 more years??
Quote Reply
Re: I think I hate school In reply to
Hey,

I am now in 10th grade. Last year, I was thinking about the same thing as you...how am i ever gunna make it? High school was so new and huge. The school was so big and the worst part was all my friends went to a different school than me. I started out high school scared, lost, all alone, and shy. These things were not a good combination for all honors classes. It was really stressful. What did I do? I decided that I'd be better off by myself for the first part of the year. I was very unhappy and overwhelmed with school. Then, I hit bottom and figured ok well i cant get out of this by myself. I asked God for help. I know you must have heard this lots of times, but it really does help. I started trying to talk to people not worrying about what they thought of me. It was really hard, but once i found some people to hang out with life got a little bit better. Another thing was that in my school it seems as if the people are either only Christian by religion (they don't show it a lot which I am guilty of most the time too) or athiest. It was very difficult to find good friends. I still don't think my friends are the best in the world, but neither am I. I have decided to just live each moment to the fullest and the best it could be. Unlike most people, I am going to tell you homework isnt everything and when you start relaxing and getting into activities homework will just fall into place. Oh, and if you run into scary things at school (like drugs or fights or gangs) pray hard. Don't back down to things like this. Stand up for what you believe and whatever you do don't pick friends who will influence you to do anything like this.

So...I guess my advice to you is pray to God to help you. He can make even the biggest of schools feel small or the scariest situation an enviroment of prayer and peace. Try to get a schedule going. Choose times to go to your locker and go there the same time everyday and then it will just seem routine.

If you need any more advice or just want to chat you can IM me at luvforGodalone on AIM or email me at kimmiedog14@bellsouth.net. Please contact me.

Hope this helped and hope you enjoy high school. It can be fun at times.
Quote Reply
I'm in tenth grade, but I can't really say that I know what you're going through. I don't go to a normal school and I went to this school when I was in 8th grade also. Though it was very intimidating going to 8th grade my first day. Even though I new all my class already. There weren't many kids in my class, probably 8 or 9 and there are about 50 kids in the whole school. Everyone at the school except for those in my class room are program kids. Kids sent here because they were in deep. But, yea, it's a little unnerving your first experiance anywhere. I would pray about it, God will take care of you.
Quote Reply
aww thanx 4 the replies guys......I guess my thing is that I'm not a peoples person. I'm bad with first impressions and with crowds. When I started high school I was scared out of my mind. I still am. I'm glad to see others can relate and I'm glad things got better for you guys......I hope the same will happen 4 me.

Love Peace Empathy

Katie
Quote Reply
I know how terrible a first year in High School can be. Please don't let thigns get you down or freak ya out. It is all very weird and strange even near the end of High School. Ya gotta push yourself to do what ya feel is right. I don't mean be do what others want or try to be friends with everyone.(I still have that problem!) Try to get good habits. Don't let people push ya around. And always breath in wait, breath out(old habit it works for everyone but me) Basically your in the same boat as the rest of us. It isn't fun or easy but hey were in this together. Its do or die. lol Take care. -Wesley
Quote Reply
Hey Hey guys.......Thanx very much for your replies. I'm starting to think I may just get through grade 9. Thanx 4 your encouraging replies.
Quote Reply
Oh, don't worry. I'm in 10th grade and I know that it gets better. The first couple of months really scared me. I was very quiet (so NOT me) and I tried very hard to fit in. I was worried about so many things. What if I got lost? What if I walk into class late? Or into the wrong class... What if I don't know anyone at lunch? I freaked out about everything. But in the end I just had to take my mother's advice and just calm down and know that everything was gonna be okay. I prayed that God would give me the courage and the strength to make it through and everything turned out okay. I met a ton of new people and I had a blast.

My advice for you is to just pray about it and know that God is gonna take care of you. God will never make you go through something that you can't handle. I'll pray for you. Email me at onegurlrevolution so that I can find out how everything goes. Good luck and God Bless!

~Mandy~
Quote Reply
Oh, don't worry. I'm in 10th grade and I know that it gets better. The first couple of months really scared me. I was very quiet (so NOT me) and I tried very hard to fit in. I was worried about so many things. What if I got lost? What if I walk into class late? Or into the wrong class... What if I don't know anyone at lunch? I freaked out about everything. But in the end I just had to take my mother's advice and just calm down and know that everything was gonna be okay. I prayed that God would give me the courage and the strength to make it through and everything turned out okay. I met a ton of new people and I had a blast.

My advice for you is to just pray about it and know that God is gonna take care of you. God will never make you go through something that you can't handle. I'll pray for you. Email me at onegurlrevolution.com so that I can find out how everything goes. Good luck and God Bless!

~Mandy~