The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Dating with person of other faith

(Page 2 of 2)
Quote Reply
Re: Dating with person of other faith In reply to
Allen, I am wondering when the "dating" custom started. It is not discussed in the Bible. Do you have any info on this?
Quote Reply
Sarah :

I think it's been going on for a good long time Sarah. Some communities try to regulate the process of 'getting to know a member of the opposite sex', to the extent of actually choosing the partners and forcing them upon one another.

Western parents are generally less controlling but some wealthy or particularly 'religious or anti-religious' ones still want some 'say' in the matter of 'boy friends' or 'girl friends' where their children are concerned.

I think if your teen has not developed the good sense to select an appropriate partner there is little a parent can do about it after the age of responsibility, (usually considered to be around 16-18 years old.

I think it is futility to try to regulate natural instincts once they are in top gear, in late teens. The time to have done that would have been when puberty first kicked in. That's when a trusting parental relationship based on mutual respect needs to be established between teen and parent for wise choices of partner to be made later on.

How did Jacob meet Rachel and fancy her?

How long did Jacob date Rachel before finally marrying her?

How much did her parents interfere?

What trouble did it all eventually cause?

The answers are all in Genesis ch. 29-30

Regards Chris.

Quote Reply
The reason I am a Christian today is because I dated a Christian guy. I found in him something I never experienced in other guys. He possessed real virtue. Until that point I thought all guys wanted the same thing but this Christian guy had higher values. It got me interested in finding out more about God. Eventually, I found God too.

However, I broke up with that guy. I really cared about him but I could see, even if he couldn't, that he really needed a Christian girl and at that time I couldn't give him that. If I had tried to hang onto that mismatched relationship, all I could have done was hurt him.

Now that I am a Christian, I can still see the need to find a Christian guy. We all have a list of things we are looking for in a guy and one of the biggest for me is a guy who can lead spiritually. Without that I don't think I could remain happy. I need to share my spiritual life with him as well.

Ephesians chapter 5 lays out the roles for husbands and wives. It is definitely worth studying. They are Gods' word, not mine. Look for someone having these qualities if you want the wedded life God wants to bless you with. It definitely won't be a non-Christian.