The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Home » Forum » People » Women

Is Anyone here Anymore

Quote Reply
Is Anyone here Anymore
I have been searching the internet for Christian women's groups that I may feel safe to post in. Are these boards active at all?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
They are active, but not like they used to be.

If you start posting here, it will show up on the home page and maybe people will begin responding again. I know I will! and there are some truly wonderful, mature Christian women on Praize. So let's go for it!
Quote Reply
Re: [submissivewife] Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
I'm new here and I was wondering where the other members are?

I know this place use to be very active...but it's been several years
since I was on here.
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.sniqueaway.com/invite/AGfine

You need a vacation!
Quote Reply
Re: [Asia] Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
Asia, welcome home!
We just came out with this whole new site late last tuesday and it is taking the members a little time to get used to it.
You know if you ever moved into a new house, it takes a while until you get everything set the way you want it, and until you can find everything. :)
This is God's site. It has been all of him. And He will continue to build it. I am really happy to see you posting and hope you will do it often. Also, you might like blogging. God bless you.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
Thanks for replying!

I haven't seen anyone else online here and I was
wondering what had happened... I will try doing some
blogs tomorrow and add some info about me also.

Smile
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.sniqueaway.com/invite/AGfine

You need a vacation!
Quote Reply
Re: [PRAIZEOP2] Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
Smile I'm here too.....I need a few friends as well if there are any takers...:)........I hope to meet others here soon so together we might learn, listen, laugh and lift up our praise to the Lord as that is what He is in the midst of teaching me to do more of. Hope all have a wonderful night and look forward to our meeting up in the days ahead.......Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [mylog] Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
Well, our attendance has dropped dramatically over the past several years. Hubby (PraizeOP) and I obtained this site last July and began a major upgrade on it which is 1/3 of the way completed. It has been like opening up a new business... it takes time for people to learn of it and then to become regulars. This is the Lord's site and it is in His hands. If it grows it is because He is growing it. We are simply His servants.

I would love to have you stay and help us to rebuild. We have a somewhat hidden chat room for children between the ages of 8 - 16. It also is not terribly busy, but we are believing for that to change. (Adult chat will be returning soon.) If your children are between those ages and interested in chatting, let me know and I will tell you how to get to the room.

Thank you for taking the time to write.
God bless you and your family,
Sarah - PraizeOP2
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
I am in the UK. I don't have a lot of time to post but i will look in when i can. I love to cook, garden, entertain, read and knit and i am trying to learn to crochet, so hopefully there is plenty for us to chat about if anyone wants to respond.

Blessings

Aliesh :)
Quote Reply
Re: [aliesh] Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
Aliesh, those who have remained here have become really good friends... even our member, Rdcofe, who is also from your area. And most of us will discuss anything that you want to talk about. After all, that is how friendships are created and kept. We are just getting started here as most of us will be together for eternity!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Hi Aliesh.

Welcome! My peas, kale, and radishes are popping up in the garden and we planted the cabbages a few days ago. We plant a small garden up close to the houses and a large one down by the apple trees. I can everything, but this year I have declared that I will not buy any more canning jars….I mean there is only so much space to store stuff! Crazy I have several years worth of canned goods in storage and am rotating year 2012 in currently. Yes… I know… Crazy

I enjoy reading, too, and have worked on putting together a library suited to every age with books for pleasure and for education and reference. I recently posted how dismayed I was to find that many classics can no longer be found new in hardcover, but only in e-books. I panicked and have gone on a buying spree to get used hardcovers from independent sellers on Amazon. Doing pretty good, now. Just ordered Moby Dick and The Scarlett Letter and Imperial Woman.

And…Sarah, I don't care much for Somerset Maughm, but do have a collection of his short stories. Thanks for offering the book, though.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Is Anyone here Anymore In reply to
Hello Jeane.

I try to start some of my seeds off in an electric propergator. I am fortuante to have a greenhouse. So far i have started tomatoes and peppers and mixed salad leaves. My radishes and broad beans seem to not want to germinate.

I too have bought a lot of books on Amazon but now i am trying to declutter and i don't really want to ask hubby to make yet another bookcase so i will try to use the public lending library when i can. My eldest daughter (bless her) is also an avid reader so if i want any books she is only too happy to look in charity shops (thrift stores) where she lives and she always manages to get beautiful books in almost brand new condition for next to nothing. Her top price is a pound but she usually manages to pay about 50 pence, which would be less than a dollar in the US.
Quote Reply
Hi Aliesh.

Oh my a greenhouse.. My daughter would love that! Your radishes should pop right up straight from the ground, hardy little things that they are. We have a bay window in our bedroom on the southern side that often gets used as a make-do greenhouse to sprout melons and tomatoes and such. And I have used it for sweet potato rootings.

I just downsized my library, getting rid of books I knew that nobody was ever going to be interested in reading. The Feminine Mystique (really?) and some odd biographies and social commentary-type books from decades ago. Still need more room, however. Yes, indeed, buy books cheap when you can. Most of mine came that way; scouring library sales and second-hand stores. Sometimes I squeal for joy when I find a real treasure, especially in hardcover.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
oh, a person after my own heart lol

There are a lot of plants which would be more difficult to grow or would bloom/fruit much later if i could not start them off in the greenhouse.c

Come April, i will sow climbing French beans, runner beans and pumpkin seeds :)

At the moment i am still trying to master the art of crochet!
Quote Reply
Hi Aliesh.

Books…my one true vice.

What are broad beans? French climbing beans? Runner beans? I suspect these are beans I know by a different name, maybe. Oh…I googled them. French beans we call string beans, snap beans or green beans. Runner beans are good for dried beans, especially I think. Broad beans… Fava beans, pod beans. We have only ever planted the French beans. Do you plant anything like Lima beans (Fordhook or Henderson) also called butter-beans?

We sooo want to get pumpkins to produce, but it seems that our climate often becomes too wet in late Summer. Often we have a wonderful crop of melons and lopes and pumpkins only to watch their vines mildew and blight and the almost done globes rot in the Summer heat.

The ironic thing is that when we were young and childless, we grew (as had his family for decades) acres of the same and rarely had such problems. My husband's family were old-time farmers and that is the way he was reared; far different from his contemporaries. They did not even have inside plumbing or electricity until he was in high school.

Do you have much room for your garden? Where are you located in the UK. My cousin just moved from Llanfair Waterdine to Shropshire near Ludlow. They downsized to accommodate age and health. They miss their garden in some ways and grow a tomato plant or two in a small plot just for the freshness and remembrance of working the earth for food.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi, Aliesh!

SOOO good to have some fresh input here! And our resident atheist (Jeanne) is the first to greet you! LOL

I just wanted to tell you that after reading books forever, I got Kindle on my phone. That way I always have it with me and it is small and light weight. I am very happy with it and with not having to carry a book all the time. (Or several books left in different places.)
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Jeanne, my memory tells me that butter beans are smaller and softer than a lima bean, although the same shape. (Maybe they were just picked early... LOL) But then, what do I know. Everything has changed since I had anything to do with it. :)
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Right, Sarah, butter beans are Hendersons, but I think they all fall under the catch of Limas. Although there are several smaller versions, but only one Fordhook, which are my favorite.

Some folks still let the last ones dry upon the vines to harvest them for soup beans. We talked about trying that, but when I told Virgil a pound bag only costs 90 cents, he said…let's wait til we have to in order to get dried beans. We would have a lot of work to get one pound of them from the vines. Laugh

Sort of like canning pumpkin; a time-consuming task for a little bit of pumpkin that sells for a buck 50 at walmart. I currently have better ways to spend my time.

Actually…there is some contention over which bean is called butter beans and one should graciously expect large or small ones if one is invited to dine upon them.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jeanne and Sarah.

Shropshire is about 2 hours north us.

Mildew may look awful but it shouldn't effect the actual fruit. I have had mildew on the leaves of my pumpkins but was still able to use the fruit.

Sarah, i do have a Kindle app on my tablet but i don't use it much. but it is good to have it on the tablet. I do have the Bible on the app,r it was the first book i got my son to put on for me.

Whenever i go out i generally have my "book bag" with me containing a book, my tablet and some knitting. I am a firm believer in kip(ping)
..... knitting in public and i find it hard to be in Starbucks without getting my knitting out :)
Quote Reply
Hi Aliesh.

Oh…mildew and blight from the extreme dampness leads to vine death, which if it comes before the fruit is ripe means the end of that too. That has been our lot with melons and squash lately. There are all sorts of nastiness that wants to eat your garden before you do. It is a constant battle, it seems.

-Jeanne