The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

widowed and lonely

Quote Reply
widowed and lonely
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Becky. My husband died a year ago and I am just now starting to feel like living again myself. I had put all of myself into my husband and here I am trying to find who I really am now. With God's help and yours we can come thru together. If you are experiencing grief, lets talk and help each other. We could all use friends.
Post deleted by standingfirm In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: widowed and lonely In reply to
hi michael:'

I am so sorry that i did not get back to this site before now to reply to your kind words. In many ways a divorce must be harder than a death. I wish you peace and hope all is well with you. ron was sick for a long time and I am grateful that he is at peace. The Lord has certainly guided me and given me the strength and the positive outlook to deal with all of this.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Becky
Quote Reply
Hi Becky! I am also divorced. for two years now as well. You can do things to help with your loneliness. I adopted a widow to write letters to and send cards to and little things. to brigten someone elses day. it makes my day brighter.
Quote Reply
Hi

I agree with everything that has already been said.I am a widow 5 years now.After an 8year marriage.My name is Barbara and if you ever want to talk I'm here

Blessings
Quote Reply
Hi, Becky. I haven't gone thru your experience though we have experienced death in the family. I'm still single but hey, you can count me in, if you need a friend and a prayer. God bless and keep you.
Quote Reply
hello Becky, although i have not experienced the kind of grief you have for me it was grief just the same when i became a divorced i was a bitter and angry woman. i felt like a failer.

like you i had put everything i had into being a good wife and a mother to my childern,and when it ended i was sad, and hada hard time finding myself again.

although it's been a long hard journey, even since i gave my total self to Jesus, Praise God i am better than i have ever been in my life and i praise Him again because i know you will be also, in fact you are already on your way.

May the good Lord continue to watch over you and bless you by His spirit and bathe you in His most precious love, mow and forever more, amen, amen
Quote Reply
DELETED
Quote Reply
Hi Becky,

my name is Marion and lost my own husband about seven years ago.

Its not easy, but with Gods help you would make it. Whenever you want to talk just drop me a line okay. Do you have you kid(s) as well?

Stay blessed,

Marion
Quote Reply
Hello, I hope that you are having a good day. My divorce, is being finalized Wednesday. I have great friends, and am doing good. I'm still lonely sometimes, but its good to have a place to find people with the same kind of problems.

God Bless all.

Allen
Quote Reply
Well, I'm widowed (7 months now ) but I'm definitely not lonely !

My heart goes out to those of you whose partner was the center of your world - it must be very scary for you in many ways to have to adjust to this new way of life.

Clay, you are going to do great with your girls ! The best counsel is in church, and to surround yourselves with other families who will support and love you. Give yourself permission to grieve, and be real with your daughters. You will all make this journey in different ways.

God has been so good to me, and one of the ways He's used in the process of dealing with my husband's death has been to start a blog here on Praize. Through it I have found a whole new "family" of wonderful brothers and sisters. In case anyone's interested you can find it on my profile or go to

http://www.praize.com/members/blog/kerrym

The first few months He really took me through some stuff - don't know if it might help you

Quote Reply
hi Beckey, How u feel these day. take care. love
Quote Reply
Dear Becky:

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my husband to a GBM last Nov.14. We were married 20 years. No children. I have 2 cats and I am also handicapped and I live alone in the southeast.Write to me if you like. I love people and the Lord and also belong to a widow group on Yahoo. Also, involved with grief-share. I am having a hard time myself the last few days..my husband was a believer also.

Please take care and know I care and would love to correspond. God bless you and your children. Jean
Quote Reply
Re: [bebe57] widowed and lonely In reply to
My husband died November 20, 2010. We were married 44 1/2 years, have 3 daughters, sons-in-law and 6 grandchildren.

Loosing a spouse to death is not a broken mind, it is a broken heart. Broken hearts take much longer for healing. In the beginning I believed the heartache would never end. Everything about the surviving spouse's life changes - everything. It is only through many, many tears saying many times "Help me Lord" and asking for the strength and grace from the Lord Jesus that I am beginning to discover who I am now as a single person. Everyone walks through this mourning journey in a different time and different way. It is a spiritual journey one step, one day at a time.

Loneliness has been extremely difficult to work through. Going from being a couple 24/7 to single is a process. Half of me is gone. I also had my husband and my children as my life. I discovered being in social settings did help, but I still had to come home to an empty house. It is much easier now to walk in the door, but it wasn't always. Prayer, prayer and more prayer has gotten me to where I am now.

God's blessings, grace and strength as you walk this mourning journey.
Marilyn Jordan
"Be Still and Know That I am God"
Ps. 45:10
Quote Reply
Re: [gramma3321] widowed and lonely In reply to
Welcome to Praize and Praize forums! It seemed to me that you were pointing to Jesus as your husband. When I was single, He was mine. I would put on a pretty nighty (rather than shorts and a t-shirt!) add a little perfume, pick up my Bible and go to bed to read for a while. I liked to read the Old Testament as it was like bedtime stories to me. :) Jesus was my husband at that time. I depended on Him for all that I needed and He always supplied.

I now (am married) belong to a line dance team that performs at retirement homes. Many of the women are widows. We dance and go out to lunch and just generally enjoy one another. I just mention that because there ARE things that single women can do and enjoy. I understand that it doesn't change entering the door of your home, but if you know that Jesus is there waiting for you, it helps.
Blessings ~ Sarah