The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

church nursery ministry

Quote Reply
church nursery ministry
HI

MY DAUGHTER AND I ARE IN CHARGE OF OUR CHURCH NURSERY. WE HAVE AN INFANT SIDE AND A TODDLER PRE-SCHOOL SIDE.

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE OUT THERE WOULD HAVE ANY GOOD IDEAS ON MAKING A THEME PARTY ONCE A MONTH.

WE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE NURSERY TIME A CLOSER PLACE WITH GOD.

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS. WE ARE BOTH NEW AT THIS.

THANKS

CONNIE (CKITTYPAWS)
Quote Reply
Re: church nursery ministry In reply to
I think what you are trying to do is commendable; I take it you would like to turn the nursery into more then just a babysitting room. Since most of the children are very young I would make sure to keep things simple and easy to clean up. Maybe some bright posters tying in with the chosen theme, the bible story and a simple activity. Do you have a christian book store in your area? They sometimes have booklets with ideas in them just for this type of thing or a teacher's supply store. Good luck and God bless.
Quote Reply
Re: church nursery ministry In reply to
Hello Connie,

For a start, I'm also into children's ministry.

So how big is your group? And are other teachers/helpers do you have?

My church has just started the 18-36 months group, and I think they mostly just do songs, and some bible story with big colorful pictures.

Themed party... Dad/Mom look-a-like theme.. get them to wear same/similar clothings... that would look cool.

Err.. not having a theme is also not too bad of an idea too...

And seriously thinking... a themed party once a month is actually very taxing. You may want to consider that too.