The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

When you are having a bad day ...

Quote Reply
When you are having a bad day ...
I'm having a bad day today. I feel really depressed and I have no-one to talk to. I thought I might find some new posts in here. It was so good to see that one person took the trouble to respond to one of my posts.

What do the rest of you do when you have a bad day?
Quote Reply
Re: When you are having a bad day ... In reply to
Blessings..I just caught your post so I will respond. What I do when I have a bad day is sit quietly and cry out To God for comfort. Asking Him to speak to me and direct my path. Silent prayers are powerful too. Reaching out to others..listen to a teaching ministry on Tv. Or read my bible or a christian book on a particular subject of interest. Listen to worship music and try to participate...Basically I wait upon the Lord to raise me up.

He too can send others across our path to give a word of encouragement. God has a million way to get to you dear one...He has not forgotten you...or has He turned a deaf ear to your present condition..You are still lovely in His sight. Whether you are sitting in darkness or in the bright light. You are precious in His sight. And you know that situation that has you so bent down? The Lord is calling you to look up and keep your eyes off the ground. As you stand before Him tell Him what you need...and He will release His angels to minster to you with great speed...God Loves you!...Roxanne
Quote Reply
That is an excellent question! I LOVE it when people ask good questions here! Thank you for that.

Everyone has a bad day sometime. Mine have gotten fewer and farther between. For me, one thing is that I look at what is causing it. If I woke up up with depression, I know it is the enemy and I open my front door and kick him out of my house.

More often it is because people are not doing what I want them to do when I want them to do it! I have to give those situations back to God.

My nature is to be depressed, but I have found something lately that is really helping me. I receive a devotional every morning from http://www.joelosteen.com. He is the most positive person I have ever known. He has found all the positive scriptures in the Bible and brings them alive! I also watch him on TV on the weekends. I have read one of his books, "It's Your Time", and can't wait to either read it again or get others. I really suggest you get tuned into Him.

In the meantime, think about all you have and how good God is. I am praying He will change you today and bless you bunches.
Quote Reply
Hello alieshishis

When I find I am starting to have a bad day I remind myself to rejoice in this day and be glad in it. It is a mind renewing process that can take place as we appropiate our inclinations to do just that! God bless and remember how bad of a day Jesus had the the our sins crucified Him. Also know through suffering we learn obedience, which is rewarded.

Thanks for letting me share.

Paul
Quote Reply
MOG

Hey there is a new day here and with what the joy of knowing Jesus has put in your heart we need to have you heard here more. Thank you for sharing.

m7th
Quote Reply
Hey there,

So many good comments from some awesome people. A bad day can be just that, however it is like the saying if life gives you lemons make lemonade. We can choose to let the bad day rob us of our joy, and at times perhaps that is necessary to give in to it but only for a short time, and grab it back and keep going. Then for me I take a good look at the circumstances and figure, is it because of something I said or did or did not do, is it something I have control over or need to release it because I don't, and as always ask God to lift me out of the mire and dust me off including a fence post to stand me up if needed. If it is a situation of which there is nothing you can do about personally it really needs to be released to the Lord. For me too I have a body that has a depressive chemical make up. I'm also a person who needs to feel she has control of her life. Well guess what that isn't what always happens and things do get shaken up. And let's face it the only one who really has control of my life is Jesus. But I've learned I must roll with it, do what I am capable of and with everything give it to God. He comes first through the eval process of the circumstance, my part and what HE wants things to be. Will be praying for you!
Quote Reply
Quote:"What do the rest of you do when you have a bad day?"

Well....depends....IF it's a sunny day...or at least not raining....I get dressed...get my gear on....and hop on my motorcycle.....sometimes it takes all of 5 minutes to get a big smile on my face!!!!

Actually.....happiness....I think....is externally triggered....like riding my bike....being with people who care....winning the lottery....etc...

BUT....

JOY...

is internal....ironically enough....one CAN be 'joyful' (in the Lord?) even in the MIDST of 'depression'.....or the most horrible circumstances....because HIS 'JOY'....is not dependent upon circumstances.

It always helps me put things in perspective....when I go to visit my mom in the nursing home....and see all those people....with dementia and Alzheimers....some of whom don't even know their own name anymore....seems to bring my OWN problems down to manageable proportions.

Likewise...when I go to work (I work with special needs children)....and realize just what those families go through 24/7.....when I'm exhausted after only 5 hrs.

As I think has already been suggested....it always helps me...when I then...instead of 'folding in on myself'...as is my bent....I reach out instead....to lend a 'helping hand' to someone else.

Blessings,
Quote Reply
Hi. I try to watch something good on cable or do some netting like I'm doing this morning. Oh by the way, I'm not having a bad day today yet. *giggle*