The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

What officiates a "senior?"

Quote Reply
What officiates a "senior?"
Is it the legal age, or the stripes we've earned? Is it when the younger adults call us "old?" ... because if that's the case, I'm a senior. Is it when our hair is more grey than it's original color? I wouldn't know if mine had any grey because I've religiously kept it blonde since I was 28.(Twenty years) Does having raised 5 children to adulthood qualify a person as a senior? Or how about when you are the "guru" that everyone comes to for advice, and everyone calls you "mom"? Like a pre-teen, when you are neither a child or an official teenager, I would say that I could probably squeeze into the senior's forum and go unnoticed. Hello everyone, it is nice to make your aquaintance. I might not be an official senior citizen, but most people under 35 think I'm old, so maybe you could make a little room for me.

My name is Susie. Hi.
Quote Reply
Re: What officiates a In reply to
Donis,

You Do have your hands full. Gosh. I only have one grandchild so far. She's 5. But I do so enjoy having her, and fly to Kansas every few months to see her and my daughter. Wow, out of three children you already have that many grandchildren? I have 5 children . lol... although 4 of my kids are sons. Anyhow, thanks for the hello. Appreciate it. Susie
Quote Reply
Hi there girls, I am a guy that is also 57 yrs. old. My wife and I have been married for 38 years and we have 5 children and 11 grandchildren, when we have a get togeather,thats a house full.

Can I be a senior citizen?
Quote Reply
That's alot of grandchildren , Ronnie. You You can be a senior citizen if you want. I won't complain.
Quote Reply
Hey there, shout. Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for getting my name right. I don't use Susan, yet many people want to call me that. Or Sue. Hate them both. Doesn't seem to be much action in this forum. I wanted to start joinig in.
Quote Reply
Thanks truefreedom, I'll take you up on that invite.
Quote Reply
Hi Susie,

I haven't talked to you in several months---not sure why. I didn't have the Internet for a few months for one thing. You can see by the note I wrote here that I've moved 4 times since I retired. The first move was on Aug. 28, 2003. Then I moved the following June--forget the date. I lived in motel 6 (3 different rooms) for 3 wks. They make you move completely out every 7 days. After all that moving out of rooms and needing a kitchen, I moved into Extended Stay America (with a kitchen) for 5 wks. before I finally was able to get a subsidized apt. in Martinez which is near my younger son. I'm getting used to this area. In fact, I love this area but it's taking a little time to get used to where everything is. I know a great deal now compared to nothing. LOL. I was traveling 2 1/2 miles to the post office and then one day I got a notice that said I had a pkg. there. Well, I checked the address to see if there was a closer P.O. and sure enough just up the street a little ways and across the street. I just found out how to get to the pharmacy at night when there's no real parking lot for the 3rd fl. where it's located and the 1st floor is locked. A security guard noticed I seemed urgent or maybe upset (don't know if I was driving weird). So, praise God, he told me I could park in the loading zone. This was the 3rd time I tried to find the parking. So, things are coming along.

Send me an email sometime and let me know how you are and your family.

Your sister in the Lord,

Marcia