The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

(Page 2 of 2)
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY? In reply to
praizeop16

LOL We are children in God's sight even us baby boomers. Why do we have to have a name that relates to a explosive? LOL Boom LOL!

Paul
Quote Reply
Hi prayingsaint2004

yes I am about a half hour away from the Ocean. Connecticut is beautiful but costly to live in. Thats pretty much every where. Thank God they can't collect from us when were gone LOL!

Paul
Quote Reply
Phew!!! Now I know why I don't post here much. I got an email saying I hadn't posted in a while and I was missed. When I tried to sign in I found I had forgotten my login name and my password. Although I emailed my dilemma back by return - no response. Not the first time this has happened. Come on you mods and managers - you either want people to post here or you don't.

Well, this senior has to take hubby to physio this morning and is busy decluttering ready for redecorating and has a depressingly untidy garden to tame with a view to selling house and downsizing.

Quote Reply
Thank you Allen,

Sorry but I am very tired and just needed to have a bit of a rant.

Spring is in the air here - bright blue sky and sunshine but it is very cold today here in the UK. I am so looking forward to getting back into the garden again.

What has everyone been doing during the long winter months? We have had lots of dr and hospital appointments for my husband and in between I have been reading, knitting and learning to crochet.

Quote Reply
I am so sorry I haven't responded sooner. Things have been a bit hectic for me and once again I managed to forget my log in details. It is easier for me to be in email contact with people.

I understand today is Mother's Day in the US, so Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers

Our Mother's Day here in the UK was in March.

I am still busy working on the house and the garden. We were blessed with a visit from our brother in law and he helped us quite a bit. I am hoping it won't be long before we can put the house on the market. The garden is just too much for me to manage on my own and hubby is feeling bad that he can't do as much as he used to. He had eye surgery this week and is very tired today from over-doing things yesterday. I think today is a duvet day.

I hope you all have a blessed Lord's Day

Quote Reply
Still busy in the house and garden but both are starting to look all the better for it

I really do hope someone will join in here soon. It would be great to have some fellowship and read all your news.

I had wondered about starting a Seniors Book List, any views?

Quote Reply
Hi, Sheila,

Nice to see you again!

I want to suggest to you that you begin a blog. I think you will enjoy that more than posting in the forums here and waiting for answers. You can take a look at mine to see what they are like, but actually it is just what you are doing here only in your own little nest. Then people come in and comment on it. Right now blogs seem to be more active than forums.

To get there, click on BLOGS on the home page in that square box, top center of the page. You can read mine by clicking on my picture there. Or you can look around and read others'. If you have questions, you can get back to me. ENJOY!
Quote Reply
Thanks Sarah

I have never considered a blog as I don't think I have anything much to say that would be of interest to others, but I will take a look.

Blessings

Quote Reply
[Quote] Hi prayingsaint2004. yes I am about a half hour away from the Ocean. Connecticut is beautiful but costly to live in. Thats pretty much every where. Thank God they can't collect from us when were gone LOL! Paul [unquote]

Oh yes they can! The state can collect my belongings if I die in my subsidized apt w/o having an executor to my belongings. How collecting is THAT?!
Quote Reply
[quote] What has everyone been doing during the long winter months? We have had lots of dr and hospital appointments for my husband and in between I have been reading, knitting and learning to crochet.-Shelia [unquote]

I was diagnosed with cancer last September. I had an abdominal operation to take out the colorectal tumor and cancerous polyps. I don't need a bag, but boy; it's hard not to eat my favorite foods (trots)! They also found out last year that it spread to my lung. It's what I'm dealing with now with the chemo drug. I had to take a hiatus from community college for a while (the new name for the old junior college name years ago in the states).

heh. you guys are also hilarious to view!

Quote Reply
I am really sorry to read of your ill health. I do hope your treatment is progressing well?

My husband has a brain tumour. He has had a lot of treatment and at last the scans are showing some indication that the tumour might be starting to die.

Here in the UK it is proving so far to be a hot, dry summer. It is too hot for me. I am still working on decorating the house and decluttering, ready for putting it on the market but my husband wants to get the estate agents in now. Working on the house and in the garden takes up a lot of my time so I look in here when I can.
Quote Reply
This is July 4th (Independence Day in the US) weekend. We have an anual party with 25 - 35 people. I think it will be closer to 25 this year. We have two parties a year. The other is on Valentine's day evening (for married couples only). So twice a year we clean the house. (Just kidding.) Actually I don't like entertaining, but Hubby does, so I do it for him. And twice a year (for him) we drive to Las Vegas to see his mom. (Mothers' Day in May and her birthday in October.) We used to go for Thanksgiving, but that is my birthday, and I didn't want to spend it there every year, so we switched it to October.

Oh, you asked what we are doing... same old same old. LOL
Quote Reply
Quote:"A=California lol not Canada.."

Hey....What's WRONG with CANADA?????

Actually....I LOVE California. Had a friend (online) who used to live there....but she's moved to Kansas.....wish she was still in California....much closer to visit.

Blessings,
Quote Reply
You have more than one online friend that used to live in California, Walt. And Phoenix isn't that far! When you coming?
Quote Reply
[quote] I am really sorry to read of your ill health. I do hope your treatment is progressing well?

My husband has a brain tumour. He has had a lot of treatment and at last the scans are showing some indication that the tumour might be starting to die.

Here in the UK it is proving so far to be a hot, dry summer. It is too hot for me. I am still working on decorating the house and decluttering, ready for putting it on the market but my husband wants to get the estate agents in now. Working on the house and in the garden takes up a lot of my time so I look in here when I can. [quote]

The treatment's okay, except for the runs each time I do the 2 week rounds. It's one of the chemotherapy parts I don't like. It's interfering with my churchgoing, so I phoned and left a message for the chemo dr. I'm quitting the chemo on the weekends so I won't have to miss church. I really enjoy going there.

It's hot here in Virginia, too. It's hard to clean up for an apt inspection when all I've done all weekend is go to the bathroom, hoping that I won't mess the floors or rugs.
Quote Reply
Re: [mog57] WHERE IS EVERYBODY? In reply to
I can't believe how dead this forum/site is. It is so sad. No wonder I forgot about it - I even had to re-register because I couldn't remember my login details.

I do hope everyone is ok? Hopefully busy busy, which is why no-one posts here anymore.

I don't have much news. I have just about given up on church - Baptist churches here in the UK are more like posh social clubs and you wouldn't believe the bitchiness!!!!! Pastors are weak - no leaders anymore but as one claimed - administrators. A very sad time.
Quote Reply
Re: [aliesh] WHERE IS EVERYBODY? In reply to
Welcome back, Aliesh. Some of us do not believe that this site is dead, it is simply in the process of rebirth. FB has drawn away many of our precious brothers and sisters. But there is a recent forum entitled "The Disasterous Failure of the Early Church" which was started on August 20 of this year and has over 3600 views! People are reading. Why aren't they posting? I don't know. Why do people leave and not come back? You can answer that better than I. I am still here. In my opinion, there is no place else on the web that has the information that you can find here, nor the lifelong friendships.

Have you seen the home page with all the teachings on it? These are current every day. The important news is there... not like the "fluff" on Yahoo news. Have you read my blog called "Spotlight" on the right-hand side of the home page just below the ad? Have you checked out all the new music videos and godly movies under Catagories? These are just a few of my favorite things.

Now my question for you is: Are you going to stay, become a visible part of Praize, help us grow? God is about to do awesome things here. He is just waiting for His perfect timing. I trust in Him.
Oh... and please click the LIKE button on the bottom left corner of the home page, just below the cartoon.
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Sep 6, 2013, 8:31 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] WHERE IS EVERYBODY? In reply to
Hi Sarah and Aliesh.

Praize is one site to which I return for civil and intelligent discourse. Actually, it is the only site where I have found such discourse. I am very happy that so many visit and read and check out all the information, which Sarah plants here...hoping, no doubt, that it will grow and bloom wherever it is needed.

I am grateful that I am welcomed here. Always hoping that more will join in the debates and/or conversations.

Thank you, Sarah, for providing for all our diversity. Smile

-Jeanne

going to look for that "like" button, now...
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] WHERE IS EVERYBODY? In reply to
Hi all :

I have been very busy writing another e-book on nautical navigation to go with the other 4 in my series. routelist.co.uk.

So I have been visiting a bit less recently. I pop in fairly regularly though whenever there is a contentious debate going on. I like a good wrangle.

Glad to see Jeanne is regular too. She always a healthy challenge to my faith, as I hope I prove a healthy challenge to her philosophy.

This is one of the few sites I know where people ask sensible questions and get sensible answers. Most other sites seem so trivial, juvenile and rude.

Thank you Praize for not following the trend.

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.