The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

The slings and arrows...

Quote Reply
The slings and arrows...
Hello all.

How about we use this topic to discuss our age-related issues?

I had to get up last night to take 2 ibuprofen and 2 acetaminophen and ice my shoulder down all because yesterday I raked out flower beds for about an hour. The pain woke me at 12:30 from a sound sleep and I curled in a fetal position and moaned until I realized that it was not going to get better without some help.

I think my calcium deposit is back in my rotator cuff area.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] The slings and arrows... In reply to
despite what you might say Iam praying for you
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] The slings and arrows... In reply to
So, Jeanne, what do you do for a calcium deposit? I've, thankfully, never had that. Don't you have to take more calcium or something like that?

I have stopped taking most medications because they break out my face, and I am too prideful to allow for that! So I really don't take anything other than teas. Do you realize that there is a tea to help with almost everything the body can come up with? Everything I take is natural. I also drink apple juice with lemon and apple cider vinegar for breakfast. It is supposed to be good for high blood pressure.

Now if only there was something for my teeth! I just found a cavity and I had a tooth fall out. I hate spending money on them a my age. I guess the good news is that whatever I spend on them should last me the rest of my life! (Not much consolation with the high prices!)
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] The slings and arrows... In reply to
Thank you, Jim.

Sarah, this is from WebMD:

<<Calcific tendinitis (also called calcific tendinopathy) happens when calcium builds up in the tendons. Calcific tendinitis starts with a buildup of calcium that causes a chemical reaction with other tissues in the tendon to cause pain. In the shoulder, the calcium is most often built up inside the rotator cuff.>>

Calcium is all over our body, flowing in our blood. It is not caused from taking Calcium tablets or consuming too much calcium rich foods and it not especially linked to physical activity.

This shoulder had such a large deposit that my doctor called to his staff (outside the door to the room I was in) that they had to see this walnut-sized deposit I had. The tendon actually had to be cut to remove it. The other shoulder got by with just arthroscopic surgery.

I know there is something going on with my right shoulder and the sooner I do something about it, the sooner I will be out of pain. Getting the stuff sooner is much, much better than waiting. I never thought I would have to do this again….just lucky, I guess. Smile

This can, of course, build up in other places, such as the elbows, hands, hips, wrists, knees or feet.

Good for you that you can get by on herbal and other home remedies. I am grateful for modern medicine and have several family members who would be dead if not for modern medicine. So far, what I take does not cause side effects that are unbearable…in fact, I don't really notice any side effects, but I sure would notice if I had to stop taking my meds.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."