The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

How do you take your tea?

Quote Reply
How do you take your tea?
I thought about putting this in Gen. Topics, but everything is soooo serious there.

This is for tea drinkers.

Of course we should all ONLY use loose tea! LaughLaugh

Still, this question would remain the same:

Water in a tea kettle, yes? Get that mug out of the microwave!!!

Tea ball ...or bag for the losers among us… in the cup before the boiling water is poured in, yes?

And…it must be boiling water! The proper temperature for brewing tea is boiling water that cools just a tad as it is poured from the kettle.

Are we good so far? All Brits please respond with corrections, if you will.

Here is the BIG question:

Milk in the cup BEFORE the hot water or AFTER the hot water?

Keep in mind the admonition that water must be at the proper temperature of just leaving a boiling kettle to properly brew the tea.

So milk first or hot water first?

Here is what the tea drinkers in my family do; brew the tea first by steeping a good five minutes or more…BEFORE adding cold milk or anything else.

Yet….there is quite a debate about this process. Perhaps this should have been placed in a more serious forum…

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] How do you take your tea? In reply to
So…nobody has an opinion on tea? Sheesh!

Yet over 100 people have viewed this topic! What did you all think it was about?! Laugh

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
I love the nite time stuff my wife gets never can remember the name
Quote Reply
Hi, Jeanne!
You nailed the bottom line when you said 100 people have read your post but not replied. Think how much fun Praize would be if all those hundred had made just one response! We would have a blast!

Nevertheless, I used to live across the street from an Englishwoman and many times we had tea together. Hot water, tea in the little sieve thing and milk after. It was lovely, as was the visit and getting to know her.

Years have passed, and I have lost track of her. Lovely lady! I now use a tea bag, and my favorite is Good Earth, Sweet & Spicy, Herbal & Black Tea. If you haven't tried it, do so! It also makes excellent iced tea.

More than the tea, I miss the lovely visiting time with children laughing and playing in the back yard.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] How do you take your tea? In reply to
I expect it is called Sleepytime. A really good tea that will put you to sleep.
The only problem with drinking it is that you will probably then have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] How do you take your tea? In reply to
Hello Jim and Sarah.

I was thinking it was Sleepytime.

I like Lipton for morning tea, Earl Grey or Constant Comment for afternoon tea and I take them with milk and sugar. I have been forced to go to decaffeinated for my heartbeat's sake and better sleep, but my all time favorite tea is Darjeeling and I refuse to decaffeinate that. Thank goodness that Earl Grey decaffeinated still tastes good to me.

There are some good herbal and fruit teas. Lemon and Ginger is a good taste. Rooibos is a great tea. Green and fruit teas are tasty.

But…I do add sugar to my non-black teas. Honey always makes my tea taste sour on my tastebuds.

I do like some spicy teas like Constant Comment and Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread tea.

Tea time is best when shared. Sometimes when I have been out into the massing humanity of shopping in the city, I just want to get home and have a cup of tea!

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hello all.

Wow…Sarah, I am going to have to try Sleepytime after reading your blog. I currently take a Controlled Dangerous Substance (!!!) to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. I will probably still have to take the Schedule 4 or is it 3 prescription, but may be able to cut back. Can't take benedryll anymore now that they have found it encourages dementia in those over 60 who take it regularly.

Anyway, we have been watching "The Mentalist" on DVD, a show that ran for 8 seasons. The protagonist is a tea drinker…actually a lot of them drink tea…and it drives me nuts the way they pretend to be tea drinkers.

Sometimes there is nothing in the tea cup or mug, although they will dip the bag in. Sometimes they pour just water from the tea pot. Sometimes they just dip the bag in a few times and start drinking. He insists on boiling the water but adding the cold milk on top of the tea bag first before adding the boiling water. It appears at times that he is rapidly downing boiling water just poured into the cup. Yikes!

But…we like the show and Simon Baker is easy on the eyes, as is Robin Tunney. Nice show, not too graphic, good chemistry between the actors.

But…they often leave the tea bag in the cup while they drink…and the spoon sometimes.

Surely no actual tea drinkers would do such a thing, would they?

Really…this is a major problem for me! Laugh Better to laugh than cry over the state of our country… Just for a bit, anyway.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
I really don't like tea. I don't even like the smell of it. The only way I can drink tea is lemon iced tea and it has to have lots of lemon !!
Quote Reply
Re: [aliesh] How do you take your tea? In reply to
Put a little honey in your tea, with the lemon! YUM! I don't care for straight tea. I learned to drink it cuz all my friends drank coffee... and coffee is the absolute WORST tasting thing EVER!!! But if you add lemon and honey to tea, it can be almost a lemonade!!! :)
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
LaughLaugh

If you add enough sugar and cream to your coffee… Desert coffee! Laugh

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
amen and two hours later a trip to the little room
Quote Reply
It takes more than sugar and cream to get rid of that coffee flavor and smell! UGH! I guess some people like it...
They can have mine!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Oh I do love the smell of coffee more than I like to drink it, which I very rarely do. And…it does help with bathroom/WC "stuff."
Quote Reply
I use a second coffee pot to keep hot water ready for tea. Our late evening choice is Bigelow Cozy Chamomile, with a pinch of dried lime. Celestial Raspberry is my favorite earl evening. My wife prefers to try the Celestial Herbal Tea sampler, alternating Raspberry Zinger,Peach, Wild Berry, Blueberry, Black Cherry. I use a couple drops of Stevia, she uses a teaspoon of sugar. Ugh!

Occasionally a cup of Iyemon Cha, a Japanese tea from Japan that hits the spot.

I take 4 cups of coffee every morning, sometimes adding a teaspoon of Knox gelatin dissolved in boiled water with some ground nutmeg for a big healthy jolt.

When having a stuffy nose approaching bedtime, instead of getting hooked on nasal spray, I drink a little home brewed oregano + mint tea, both of which grow year around in my yard in a 12 foot wide circle.

Jim
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men.....DG
Quote Reply
Re: [dovegiven] How do you take your tea? In reply to
This was a great post! I learned more than I ever wanted to know about both tea and coffee!
I think it is great to use these things for medicinal purposes. Sounds like you guys have quite a plan.
Blessings ~ Sarah