The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

HI, WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS???

Quote Reply
HI, WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS???
I guess no one wants to count themselves a senior. Well, I'm 62 so that makes me a senior. In some ways, being a senior is really a blessing once you get your own permanent place and have the income you need and have a ministry and a hobby or 2 you really enjoy. I've moved 4 times since I retired on Dec. 31, 2002 and life has not been easy but I DO appreciate all the sleep I can now get. LOL. (My kids might not appreciate it so much though since my schedule is now extremely late) I was near a breakdown while still working and had to catch up on my sleep of course. I'm still not in my permanent place since I had to apply for a low income senior apt. and decided I don't really want the one I'm on the list for and want to apply for another one I know about but can't even apply until I get more income. So life as a senior isn't easy especially if you have physical problems and I do, but I'm not giving up. The Lord is very faithful and shows us what we can do with our time and shows us how to get blessed and get our needs met. We don't have to fall apart and break our necks trying so hard. We can just lean on Jesus and he is there. Praise the Lord. He is good and he is always there.

Marcia
Quote Reply
Re: HI, WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS??? In reply to
Hi Marcia! I too am 62 and retired. Where are all the seniors? Who knows? For me I am very active in church ministry and I find the time moves so quickly. What I also find is that my vision is improving the older I get. Not my earth vision, but my heavenly vision. Max Lacado said that it puts a skip in our step when we catch a glimpse of our heavenly home. Now that does not mean we are ready to move on just yet, but seniors are more aware of the fact there is more time lived, then ahead. I am thankful for the Lord's provision throughout my life and I know that many seniors have challenges. Part of the ministry my wife and I have is to seniors and we do our best to share the love of Christ with them. Perhaps a few more seniors will show up here? You can never tell. It is always nice to chat. Blessings on your life and may the Lord keep you safe. (Kings Kid)
Quote Reply
Hi Glenn or Kings Kid. Thanks for your response. That's great you are active in ministry. I am hard of hearing so I like to read, correspond, and find new freinds on the Internet. I talk to some from Africa, India, Australia and on the east coast. I'm on the west coast--California, central part. How north is North Bay? I'll try to find it on the map I have here.

God is good and it depends a lot on our faith. I know that walking by faith is the answer. From that the whole Bible opens up to us and works. Our faith starts when we are truly born again and if we backslide then we need to rededicate our lives to Jesus Christ. I'm so glad you are teaching the Bible. Praise God for that. I'm in the same type of church as you also.

May the Lord richly bless you and your family.

Marcia
Quote Reply
Hi, seniors!

God bless you! I just turned 68 on Thanksgiving day.

I am married and walk with Jesus. He is my everything and I can do nothing without Him. I am learning more and more about trusting Him and walking in the Spirit as I receive awesome teaching from our pastor, Keith Moore. You can see/hear his teachings and best ever worship at http://www.flcbranson.org

I hope you will check it out.

I do have spare time, in spite of my 30+ hours a week here on Praize. I used to be on a lot more, but then I began to delegate. God has created a wonderful group of operators here. It is so awesome to see how he has brought each one and each has their special gift where they fit in. If you get too much time on your hands, you might pray about if God would use you here. It is a ministry, and you must be called to it. There is a lot of responsibility, so it isn't something that can be taken on lightly.

Tomorrow we are leaving, at the Lord's command, to winter in Pheonix area. We are excited about it as it is a faith walk. I haven't done one like this since I was a babe in Christ over 25 years ago! He has not yet told us where we are to stay, and we have no visible means of support while there. It is ALL Jesus! What a wonderful life! Anyway, I am not sure how often I will get to a computer in the next week or so. But I'm sure others will come here and be blessed.

May his richest blessings flow all over you!

God bless you,
Quote Reply
Come on seniors. I encourage you to get on board and share what is going on in your lives. Bless the young people, but we have our own challenges and adventures, both behind and before us. God is good - "all the time." Let us encourage one another as the Bible asks us to do. Thanks for the fresh posts in the past couple of days. (KingsKid)
Quote Reply
what makes a senior?????? that ur freaking old? u fing old fag go die alrdy so i can make some money and buy lots of cocain with the money and sniff it all and the forcably have sex with ur children cuz im a cracked out childrapiest
Quote Reply
That's wonderful that you can work 30 hours on Praize each week. I hope you have a wonderful time in Pheonix. I've never been there. Mostly I've just been in the San Francisco bay area all my life. Went on a plane once when going back east to see my daughter married about 15 yrs. ago.

By the way, I'm 63 now on Dec. 2, almost exactly 5 yrs. younger than you, Sarah. So much to adjust to after retiring. I retired almost 2 yrs. ago and still don't have a permanent residence. Right now I'm living in a subsidized housing complex. I do like it here. The area is nice. We have a pretty pool and beautiful big old trees around here. I'm only 10 min. away from my youngest son which is very nice. I don't have to call them long distance any more. I have been here since Sept. 19.

I have 2 wonderful sons who have been so helpful. Also, a very hardworking daughter although they are all going through so much since they backslid and I know this will help them return to the Lord. God works in mysterious ways. We can praise God for all he does for he knows what is best in each situation. Let the Lord be glorified and magnified. I'm praying for revival in this land starting with myself and my family, my church and the whole nation. Lord, bring in revival to this land and heal this land, I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

Marcia
Quote Reply
Thank you for your encouragement, Marcia.

My husband saw that I said I was on Praize 30+ hours a week, and he laughed. Perhaps I did understate it a little.

We arrived in Tempe on Tuesday afternoon. Spent the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday searching for the home God had for us. It was exhausting! Before we left we had made a list of what we wanted in a place, but by late Wed. afternoon we were looking at anything. Then, through a miracle of God's grace, I was able to get on a computer. I answered my email and then went to rents.com. Immediately a place came up that sounded exactly like what we were looking for.

To make a long story short, we were able to rent it on Thursday morning and moved in yesterday. It is a very small one-bedroom, but the nicest place we looked at and exactly where we wanted to be located. There are a lot of college students here and people who need to know Jesus. We have met the two young men next door, David and Brandon, and believe God will have us minister to them.

Please pray for me to have peace regarding God's provision for us while we are here. I want to have his peace and joy, and I know the enemy wants to steal it. I appreciate your prayers!
Quote Reply
I'm here! are there any others?
Quote Reply
HI, WHERE ARE ALL THE SENIORS??? In reply to
I know there many seniors here at Praize.

Come on don't be shy.

Blessings,
Quote Reply
From what I can tell, we seniors are busier than ever.

Just before I turned 60, I went to a local photographer to have my picture taken. They has a special going for seniors. I thought that was great cuz I always like a discount. Turned out it was for high school seniors! Class pictures. I didn't qualify.

I know I am busy, I work out some, travel some, move periodically, take care of Hubby, and oh yes, spend a lot of time here on Praize. Sometime maybe someone will figure up my listed hours and then multiply by four, or five, or an unknown figure.

Blessings, everyone. Let's get this thread going again. Anyone want to be a moderator?
Quote Reply
Hey all of you seniors....(it is up to you to decide what makes you "senior".) In order to spread the word what Praize has to offer other seniors, and to have great fellowship, it might be a great idea to pass the word along at your church senior groups or maybe even get a blurb in your church bulletin. Many seniors don't have internet know how, and are intimidated by it, so it could also serve as a time where you could help another learn how to access and use the internet and get Praize time and to link with others. Just a thot! God bless.
Quote Reply
Hi Everyone, I'm back now. I moved a little over a month ago on March 19. I have a bad back and some other major problems but my dear sons, Paul and Jon were a wonderful help. Praise God for them. (My daughter lives 3000 miles away.) And, by the way, this is really the place the Lord saved for me. I am soooo happy here. It is nice and it's discounted too for low income seniors. Not only that I was able to get another better car, a 2002 Saturn just before I moved so it's so nice to be here with all the good changes. I have a view and I'm bird and squirrel watching. LOL. Identified 4 birds and 1 squirrel so far.

Marcia
Quote Reply
Hi, I'm here too, though I use my blog for memories etc. under the user name I have. Gosh so many I's already, will be 64 in Sept. so thats makes me a senior too. Battle with Bi Polar Disorder and Hypothyroid which keeps me tired a little, and whoozy in the head at times. Try to cut back on the hours on the computer at times, sometimes I win and at times I don't. Get sore butt too if I sit too... long but I am sure some of you know about that one already. Well think I've said enough for now

Jennifer