The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Are You Ready to Go?

Quote Reply
Are You Ready to Go?
I have been watching the forums here on Praize. It used to be that everyone was in the twenty to forty age bracket and they had all the answers to everything. I know that I was a lot younger when I first came to Praize... scared half to death of what someone might do to me here! I was the sixth member to join... long, long time ago.

Since then I have aged. I became a "senior" and started receiving Social Security. Much has happened to me... both bad and good... and I am still here because Praize is a safe place to share and I know that people will pray for me when they read what I write.

This morning I woke up with the Lord telling me that I should discuss with people the time of "getting ready"... that is getting ready to leave this earth and go on to our future. I would LOVE to talk to people about this topic. The first and most important question is: "Are you sure that you are going to heaven when you die?" If you are not sure of that, let's discuss it.

Then we can talk about physical illnesses, about "are you losing your mind", about where all your strength went, about "Why doesn't Abba take me?" Or whatever else is on your mind. Since we are now an older group here on Praize than we once were, let's do it! Let me hear from you.
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Feb 15, 2014, 8:18 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
Hi Sarah:

A couple of weeks ago my GP sent me for an emergency admission to hospital having had a high pulse rate and unstable AF, around 170bpm for about a month, (medication would not hold it). After a week in hospital and another cardio version, (I have had two and two cardio ablations), I am discovering the reality of 'living for the moment'. Now I have experienced two short periods of pulse rate at 30bpm, (too slow), due to medication dose perhaps not being fine tuned after the cardio version. At 68, I'm no spring chicken but I still have not yet managed to adopt St Paul's positive attitude to the (perhaps imminent) prospect of going from faith to certainty (or perhaps oblivion). He said "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain". Phil. 1:21. Fortunately my heart condition is not immediately life threatening but it certainly puts one's faith, (and those close to me), to the test in interesting and challenging ways.

I have to admit though that I'm not ready to go yet, (in the sense that I am not looking forward to the "Great Adventure" as Peter Pan regarded the prospect of his own death), though that is not the important factor. The important factor will be when God decides it is time for me to go, ready or not. There's not a lot any of us can do about that timing. Just trust that Jesus has done as he promised and "prepared a place for us where he now is". John 14:3.

Warm Regards: Chris
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Feb 15, 2014, 4:36 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
Greetings Chris
I'll be 69 in a few weeks and know well what you speak of.
excellent word
m7th
THE PLUMBLINE
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply, Chris. I am sorry to hear that you have been ill, but glad you are doing better. In spite of my age, there is really nothing wrong with my internal body. My doctor is probably in his mid forties and he has told me that his concern about me is my "quality of life". That remark took me aback. I thought that phrase was for those who are bedridden, but here I am, reasonably active and healthy.

I don't know what it is like to be ill. My neck or back hurts sometimes, but my internal organs seem to be functioning quite well. I have no indicators of anything physical that might take me to meet my Abba. I am quite looking forward to meeting my Abba, actually. I think it will be something like when I went to Australia many years ago. I was leaving everything I knew and going to a land where I would be a stranger. I guess because of going to Australia as I did, I am not afraid to go to Heaven.

I do not like to talk about the negatives of "old age" because I don't want to frighten anyone younger than myself. On the other hand, nobody realizes that I do face things. Maybe it is just that people are so self-centered they don't realize that what they see on the outside is not necessarily what is going on totally. What do you think about talking to people about ailing and dying?
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
just looking in to say "hi" Smile
Quote Reply
Well, no one responded to my last question; and I feel led to continue.

I went for my regular doctor's appointment today. I go every three months. I get a prescription for pain pills, so I am required to check in every so often. My doctor is awesome. He meets my needs without requiring anything of me. Since my husband is younger than I, and since I look a lot younger than I am, people don't really understand that I go through things.

On November 17, I fell and broke my hip. In the old days, if a person broke his hip, he would have to lie in bed unable to move until it mended. This would cause pneumonia to set in (from lack of activity) and the person would die. So it is fair to say that in those days a broken hip was a death sentence. Not so today. Two steel rods were put into my hip and I was gotten up the same evening as the surgery.

Because I look younger than my age, people don't realize that my body, nevertheless, has aged. Things are wearing out. My stomach does not work as well as it used to. There are some foods that do not agree with it and make me very uncomfortable when I eat them. But mostly I don't think about it until after the deed is done and the discomfort sets in. I don't know if the hip that has the steel rods in it will ever recover the trauma. I cannot use it to step UP on a curb. In other words, I cannot put weight on the bent hip.

So as my body wears, I have become ready to go. I think the reason many people do not want to go is because they do not want to leave loved ones behind. My life has not been pretty. I know that once I go, it will not be long until Jim follows (if we don't both go in the rapture), so I am not concerned about him. I know that the rest of my family will follow as the Lord leads. They are in His hands. More of my loved ones are there than here. I'm ready to see them. How about you?
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Mar 15, 2016, 7:37 PM
Quote Reply
HAD RESERVATIONS IN FOR SOME TIME READY AND WAITING-----WAS READY IN January

m7th
Quote Reply
Hello Chris:
I am sorry to hear you are having serious health problems. I hope you are well soon.
Also I'd like to say that IMO the piece you posted for "Covenant of Marriage" was a good one.
roundtable
Quote Reply
Re: [roundtable] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
Hi roundtable:

Thanks for the thought. Smile

Things have moved on a bit since I posted in this thread. That was two years ago. A blink of the eye for God, but a lot of events for me. I now have had a cardiac pace maker fitted for just over a year. The operation the surgeons performed rendered my heart completely inoperative of its own accord and it now obediently goes at the pace the pacemaker dictates, (70 BPM). The only restriction imposed upon me is that I am no longer able to use my chain saw, because the radio electrical energy emitted by the spark plug between my hands might interfere with the operation of the pace maker. So my chain saw is going to auction. Otherwise I hope to stick around a bit longer, hoping The Lord has more for me to do. I just wish getting a heart to be obedient to God as it is to a pacemaker was as easy.

All in all though, what can anyone do to ensure they are 'Ready to go'? Nothing at all really. God, in Jesus Christ, has already done everything needed to arrange our eventual delivery to the right address. All we have to do is trust the postman. Smile

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
I'm glad the pacemaker has helped you out. I knew 1 guy who wore a pacemaker about 20 years. Had to have it replaced a few times I believe.

I've found Johnathan Cahn the Messianic rabii to be an inspirational speaker about preparing for the future, here and in the afterlife. If you are interested, he has a number of videos on youtube.com. One of his best is his interview with Sid Roth.

roundtable
Quote Reply
Hello all.

How do we feel about talking of ailing and dying?

I think the more people of all ages discuss this, the better people feel about the fact that bodies age and people die. I think that in too many families the ailing, the elderly, the frail and the dying have been removed to nursing homes and hospices. I think the sooner that children realize that old age is a part of life just like puberty is and carries with it just as many problems and upheavals, the more children and the rest of us can come to understand each other.

Nobody gets out alive and most people refuse to go quietly.

As Dylan Thomas wrote:

<<Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.>>

Wanting to live and being ready to die are not in opposition to each other. To shield children and younger adults from the natural phases of aging is detrimental to the human condition. Life is a progression towards death.

So…we are all "over the hill" here at Praize? And am I the young whipper snapper? Laugh Tell me, RT, that you are younger than I am at 62.

Good grief…

To all of my "elders" who have fought and come out on the other side still swinging…Hooray for you! I have only begun to fight!

It started when I realized that I was having difficulty keeping up with my first grandchild who is 15 months old now. I have another on the way and I know I will need to be useful for this child more so than for the first…different circumstances. I was aghast when I found I could no longer do a push-up! Working out now with hand weights and modified push-ups and dropping 5 or 10 pounds. And..I have never been sedentary, but have done manual labor all my life and still do.

This old age stuff creeps up on you when you aren't paying attention!

And…you know that come "whatever" I will still be here and dealing with the load of "whatever" that we still here must deal with…so I gotta get in better shape!

If you don't already know it; I love you, my friends, even if you are old and decrepit. Angelic

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
This is a challenging one !!

I would like to think that i am ready. I try to keep short accounts with the Lord. Sadly, in very recent years we have lost a few long standing friends and family and they passed away quite quickly and unexpectedly. We never know when our time will come. I thank the Lord that Jesus is my Saviour!
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
Jeanne, one of my pet peeves is that no one talks about aging in an informative way. I do think more should be talked about as it would help us to make good decisions. And decisions DO have to be made. Perhaps that is the hardest part.

So let's discuss some of these issues. Jeanne, you are NOT too young to join in. LOL I do not know how young our new friend, Alish, is. LOL, but I think she is mature enough to participate.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [roundtable] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
Amen ----Chris my wife was project manager for his books(that is on the production side)
IN a more personal way He is the most anointed prophetic voice of our time and because of that anointing is the most accurate.
m7th
If you can his latest book the SHEMITAH

Then do some searches in yahoo first and then Google on the Islamic Name MAHDIand the book written by Dr M. Youseff of Atlanta (Cairo Native) The coming revelation and the Antichrist are the topics
m7th
Quote Reply
Re: [m7th] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
I still enjoy the plumb line of God's word and an update since the Lord keep me through the surgery in Jan. Iwill be 70 in a few weeks. HEH!!!!! still not Sarah's elder though

Jesus is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m7th
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
Hi all. Old age is not necessarily a barrier to ministry. Moses was 80 years old when he led the Exodus from Egypt.

Being ready to meet The Lord is a matter of resignation to reality. There is no fooling the facts of old age. You can no longer rely upon your own strength, agility and wit to get you by. Those who know God, know Him even better in old age. Those who don't get even more mistaken about Him. Sometimes Grandchildren can be closer to their grandparents than to their own parents. There are often more opportunities to talk about God and deep mysteries of life between grandchildren and grandparents, and if such times are not happening they should be 'arranged' or 'programmed in' if possible. Children have little concept of 'time' and not much notion of 'history'. Old people have often clearer recall of their youth and childhood than they do of yesterday dinner time. This is perhaps why children and very old people often get on so well together. They 'spiritually' have so much in common.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Mar 17, 2016, 4:14 PM
Quote Reply
I am a 61 year old grandma and will be a great grandma later in the summer. We have seen a lot of trials but the Lord has always been faithful and gracious to us in abundance.
Yes, it is most important to talk about the issues of aging and all that comes with it. My husband and i are finding out about that right now as both of us are experiencing problems with arthritis at the moment. There is plenty to talk about in this thread. One of the issues we face is do we move to a smaller and easier to maintain property?
There are also many spiritual issues to discuss here too .I will join in as and when i can :)
Quote Reply
Re: [aliesh] Are You Ready to Go? In reply to
Yours was a good post, Aliesh. Aging has almost TOO much to talk about. My husband will be 65 in November, and I will be 80. :)
I see both of us changing physically, but I guess that is to be expected. I was doing really well until I fell last November 12 and broke my hip. Since then, it is difficult to get up from a chair, and I walk funny. I have two steel rods in my hip. In the old days, they could not do that and a person with a broken hip would have to lie flat for three months. In that time, because of no activity, pneumonia would set in and the person would die. Just think... If I had been born a century earlier, I would be in glory now!

Everywhere I go I see people with gray hair and canes. Who is taking care of them? Social Security is not sufficient. And Hubby and I have begun to consider what we are going to do. We have four years left on a five year lease on this rental house, so we have enough time to decide.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
What you say is so true, Chris! When we were in California last August, Gramps and great grandson went out to collect berries together. Great grandson came tearing into the house and up to me saying, "Gramps taught me the forgiveness prayer! Gramps taught me the forgiveness prayer!" Praise God, he did! Seventeen year old grandson had his own idea about "religion", and he was not convinced that it was any good or something he needs. Difficult to know how to pray for him. We want him to gain salvation; but don't want him to go through difficult times.

How different from when I was a child. While I did not "get saved" until I was forty-one, I always knew God. He was someone I could talk to every night when I lay in bed. I'm SO glad I had Him!!! But when I was "born again" our relationship changed. I wanted only to please Him. He was all that mattered to me.

I didn't get "old" until I broke my hip. My son says I should take my cane with me wherever I go. That REALLY makes me feel old; and the fact that it makes me feel more secure, also makes me feel old. What I am saying is that in the past six months, I have had to make adjustments. I didn't feel old until now. I'm not real happy about it. Can't we just skip this part and go right to heaven? I am looking forward to being there!
Blessings ~ Sarah