The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Can Anyone Give Me Scripture?

Quote Reply
Can Anyone Give Me Scripture?
Since mostly the only ones who post here are my long-time Praize friends, I am going to put it out here for you to answer. Maybe someone that reads but doesn't write here needs to hear this answer as well.

It has been suggested to me that I write to my sons and apologize. Can any of you that are so greatly versed in the Bible give me some scriptures that would apply to this situation. Of course there is the Prodigal Son, but what did the Father actually SAY to his oldest boy?

Or perhaps it isn't a Bible verse. Perhaps it is an experience you had that worked well for you. If nothing else, will you please pray for a miracle for me, as I write and as they read?
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Can Anyone Give Me Scripture? In reply to
YOU HAVE IT
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Can Anyone Give Me Scripture? In reply to
Sarah: Hi

This looks as if it might need to be dealt with in private mail. If so then I'm available.

Apologies are always difficult to manage. One never quite knows how the injured party will respond. Then again relationship breakdown is quite often a two sided affair with right and wrong on both sides. Sometimes it is inappropriate to ask for 'forgiveness' or expect reconciliation because it might not be humanly possible for the offended party to 'forgive'. Sometimes the offense is something that nothing can compensate for and asking for 'forgiveness' or offering an apology simply seems to the offended party like having salt rubbed into the wound.

All that having been said, reconciliation is what God recommends, because it is what God has done for us. When we are the injured party all we can really do is be ready and able to accept any offer of an apology with an 'open and loving heart'.

When we are the offending party it is up to us to offer the offended person the opportunity to 'put their case', then frame our apology with reference to their grievances and our willingness to make amends for anything for which we are truly responsible.

Jacob tricked Essau out of his family inheritance. He eventually returned and was reconciled with him. See Gen chapters 26 and 27 - 32 and 33.

Philemon was a slave owner who put a price on the head of his escaped slave Onesimus. Paul wrote to Philemon pleading that he should receive Onesimus back and not punish him. That must have been a difficult letter to put together. Phil. 1:1-25. Interestingly it is thought that Onesimus later became a Bishop and was largely responsible for collecting the letters of Paul together, so we owe him a lot of the New Testament perhaps. When we are resolved to be reconciled, God can move in wondrous ways.

By all means seek to make amends and be reconciled, but if you are not truly responsible for the breakdown, then apologies are not appropriate. What is needed is an honest dialogue between the persons concerned within which grievances can be aired, hurts healed and relationships reestablished.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Can Anyone Give Me Scripture? In reply to
AMEN --BROTHER