The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Scammer...

Quote Reply
Scammer...
Thanks to those of you that notified me of the scammer from Nigeria that PM's some of you today.

I'm SO sorry that happens, but not really anything I can do about it until I know about it. She PM'd me too. I have blocked her IP. Hopefully that will take care of her, but as computers become more and more clever, it is more and more difficult to stop.

PLEASE PLEASE... anything that is suspect... Please PM or email me immediately. You can email me at PraizeOP2@praize.com. I will block the membership as soon as I receive the information.

Love you all!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Scammer... In reply to
My husband's email address gets this stuff all the time and I report it as spam. I got this one here, too. It is doubtful that we will ever be able to stop this sort of scam-letter from getting through. But the good thing is that they are so typical, that is, each appears like all the others, so they are easy to spot. And they haven't changed a bit over the years!

I guess that means that they are successful... and that is really disturbing. It is hard to understand how some people could fall for this so apparent scam, but I guess they do. Which means that these people prey upon those of us who are less than savvy about the world, more intimidated by flowery speech or authority-figure types of calls and letters and those who are, for a number of reasons, short a few cards in their deck.

The main point to remember about any certified business or charity or government office is that they do not contact people via email asking for money to be sent to them. And...also remember to never give personal information (social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, passport numbers, license numbers, etc) over the phone or via email to entities that contact you without having been solicited by you.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
I didn't get that one but, I generally handle scammers by sending them a copy of "God's Simple Plan of Salvation" and then let the Holy Spirit work on their hearts. Do I have permission to do that before I notify you?
ALF
And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. (Re 22:12–13)
Quote Reply
Re: [Alf2662] Scammer... In reply to
You can reply to them if you choose; but I will probably have already deleted them.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Thank you. At least I have permission and I am well versed in dealing with scammers.
And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. (Re 22:12–13)