The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

THE FINAL PLACE OF THE EARTH.

Quote Reply
THE FINAL PLACE OF THE EARTH.
2 PETER3
0 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat. The earth also and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things are to be destroyed, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 while you are waiting for and desiring the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens will be destroyed by fire and the elements will be consumed by intense heat? 13 But, according to His promise, we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these things, be diligent that you may be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless. 15 Keep in mind that the patience of our Lord means salvation, even as our beloved brother Paul has also written to you according to the wisdom given to him. 16 As in all his letters, he writes about these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned and unstable distort, as they also do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know these things beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own firm footing, being led away by the deception of the wicked. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory, both now and forever. Amen.

THIS IS A SCRIPTURAL PICTURE OF EARTH'S END,A JUDGEMENT ON SIN AND OUR FUTURE DIRECTIONS. A SCIENTIST I KNEW WHEN HE TAUGHT IN COLLEGE GAVE ME THIS PICTURE;
HE ILLUSTRATE TWO DIFFERENT ELEMENTS COMING INTO EXPOSURE WITH AN ISOTOPE OF PURE SUBSTANCE THAT WAS FULLY RADIOACTIVE. ANYTHING THAT COMES INTO CONTACT WITH THIS ISOTOPE WILL INSTANTLY BE CONFORMED TO THE NATURE OF ISOTOPE OR BE CONSUMED TOTALLY BY THE RADIATION RELEASED FROM THE ISOTOPE ..
CONSIDER SIN COMING INTO THE PRESENCE OF GOD'S HOLINESS. SIN CAN NOT ABIDE IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] THE FINAL PLACE OF THE EARTH. In reply to
I've been thinking about this. This is a time when we need to pay particular attention to what God is doing. I believe it is a time of trial... a time to see how we respond to what's happening in the world around us today. Daily we have opportunities to react to situations as Jesus did. Do we do it?

I challenge you to take a look at your actions and reactions and then grade yourself according to what Jesus would do. Are your actions worthy of heaven? What kind of a grade do you need in order to be qualified to go to Heaven? Anything over a c+? If you are like me, you go along, day by day, doing "the best" that you can. My best is about a C+. I do things according to the way that I feel. When I hurt, I take it easy and rest. I figure things can wait until I feel better. What would Jesus do?

So I challenge you to do the same thing. Take a look at yourself. Are you doing your very best? Do you deserve Heaven? What can we do to please Jesus?
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] THE FINAL PLACE OF THE EARTH. In reply to

there is much more about the end that should be written but I don,t think I am the one to write it. Not knowing who you were refrring to when you said you the personal pronoun several times; Ithink all I can do at this point is to pray for your leadership and Praize itself.

There is still much more to be said about the end but there are others that can do it.. I have finished what ican do.

I WISH GOD'S GREATEST ON YOU AND jIM AND WISH GOD'S GREATES FOR THE WEBSITE.

BY THE WAY I STILL PRAY ABOUT 4 HOURS EACH DAY FOR MY FAMILY AND YOUR FAMILY ALSO

M7TH
Quote Reply
Jim, when I was saying "you" in my post, I didn't mean YOU! :) I was using the impersonal "you". I didn't realize until just now what I had done. Please excuse my ignorance.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Hi Jim: And all who read this thread.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat. The earth also and the works that are in it will be burned up.

There seems to me to be more than one way to understand this apostolic advice. The usual 'religious' way involves assuming that God intends to destroy the earth, (and indeed the entire creation) because of human wickedness, and therefore we are supposed to amend our ways and avoid God's wrath by believing in His only Son Jesus Christ. That is the standard interpretation. I don't disagree with it apart from not accepting the false assumption that God is intent on destroying us if we don't accept His terms of unconditional surrender. God is not a conquering tyrant.

Jesus did not come to judge the world but to save it. John 12:47.

An alternative way to understand the text however is to compare the apostolic statements, (i.e the words of Peter the Apostle), to our current scientific knowledge and our understanding of The Good News Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Scientific understanding enables us no to extrapolate and predict what will become of the Earth and closer orbiting planets when our sun, (Sol), finally ages and becomes a Red Giant, like many other stars already have, which we can now observe in the night sky with powerful telescopes.

Having formed roughly 4.6 billion years ago, our Sun began its life roughly 40 million years before our Earth had formed. Since then the Sun has been in what is known as its Main Sequence, where nuclear fusion in its core causes it to emit energy and light, keeping us here on Earth nourished. This will last for another 4.5 – 5.5 billion years, at which point it will deplete its supply of hydrogen and helium and go through some serious changes.

It is currently thought that The Sun started as a T Tauri star – a wildly active star that blasted out an intense solar wind. And just a few million years later, it settled down into its current form. It is currently stable and has been for billions of years.

This is characterised by the process where hydrogen fuel, under tremendous pressure and temperatures in its core, is converted into helium. In addition to changing the properties of its constituent matter, this process also produces a tremendous amount of energy. All told, every second, 600 million tons of matter are converted into neutrinos, solar radiation, and roughly 4 to the power of 1027 Watts of energy.

Naturally, this process cannot last forever since it is dependent on the presence of matter which is being regularly consumed. As time goes on and more hydrogen is converted into helium, the core will continue to shrink, allowing the outer layers of the Sun to move closer to the centre and experience a stronger gravitational force.

This will place more pressure on the core, which is resisted by a resulting increase in the rate at which fusion occurs. Basically, this means that as the Sun continues to expend hydrogen in its core, the fusion process speeds up and the output of the Sun increases. At present, this is leading to a 1% increase in luminosity every 100 million years, and a 30% increase over the course of the last 4.5 billion years.

Approximately 1.1 billion years from now, the Sun will be 10% brighter than it is today. This increase in luminosity will also mean an increase in heat energy, one which the Earth’s atmosphere will absorb. This will trigger a runaway greenhouse effect that is similar to what turned Venus into the terrible hothouse it is today.

In 3.5 billion years, the Sun will be 40% brighter than it is right now, which will cause the oceans on earth to boil, the ice caps to permanently melt, and all water vapor in the atmosphere to be lost to space. Under these conditions, life as we know it will be unable to survive anywhere on the surface, and planet Earth will be fully transformed into another hot, dry world, just like Venus.

In 5.4 billion years from now, the Sun will enter what is known as the Red Giant phase of its evolution. This will begin once all hydrogen is exhausted in the core and the inert helium ash that has built up there becomes unstable and collapses under its own weight. This will cause the core to heat up and get denser, causing the Sun to grow in size.

It is calculated that the expanding Sun will grow large enough to encompass the orbit’s of Mercury, Venus, and maybe even Earth. Even if the Earth were to survive being consumed, its new proximity to the the intense heat of this red sun would scorch our planet and make it completely impossible for life to survive. However, astronomers have noted that as the Sun expands, the orbit of the planet’s is likely to change as well.

So science agrees with the insight and prophesy of St. Peter.

11 Seeing then that all these things are to be destroyed, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 while you are waiting for and desiring the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens will be destroyed by fire and the elements will be consumed by intense heat? 13 But, according to His promise, we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Some might say, "Let's eat drink and be merry. Life is short and all will end in destruction anyway so what the hell, do as you like". St Peter though, and St. Paul alternatively advise living a righteous, sober life while awaiting the "New Heavens and a New Earth in which righteousness dwells".

14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these things, be diligent that you may be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless.

Not out of fear of God's destruction but out of sensible and wise conduct conducive to making the world a BETTER place for all, in spite of its inevitable destruction. This is how God's Sovereign rule begins upon Earth as it is already accepted in heaven.

15 Keep in mind that the patience of our Lord means salvation,

From any religious perspective the fact that the earth has so far NOT been destroyed, (in spite of the obvious wickedness of most of its inhabitants), is attributable to the PATIENCE of Our Lord, who wishes the maximum possible number of his creatures to have SALVATION before the inevitable fiery destiny of our Solar System.

even as our beloved brother Paul has also written to you according to the wisdom given to him.

Paul and Peter preached and wrote the same Gospel.

16 As in all his letters, he writes about these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned and unstable distort, as they also do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Paul wrote: [Some would say], "let us eat, drink, and be merry. What's the difference? For tomorrow we die, and that ends everything"!
Don't be fooled by those who say such things. If you listen to them you will start acting like them. Get some sense and quit your sinning. For to your shame I say it; some of you are not even Christians at all and have never really known God.
1 Cor. 15:33-34 Living Bible.

Reader, are you twisting the scriptures to your own destruction? Do you think yourself a Christian yet devote all your energy to your own pleasure and security in the here and now?

Are you heading your hedonistic way to oblivion?

Or are you bringing an experience of the Sovereignty of God and the love of Jesus Christ into the lives of others with whom you come into contact?

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Oct 21, 2017, 4:12 PM