The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

LasVegas Masequer

Quote Reply
LasVegas Masequer
I am sure you have probably heard by now of the shooting in LasVegas last night. I believe 59 people were killed. How sad! What is wrong with these people. Are shooters all on dope? No normal person does these things. Is it demons that run around looking for shooters? Sad that it takes one shooter and 59 people died. We all need to be praying more!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] LasVegas Masequer In reply to
I REALIZE THAT JEANNE AND CHRIS WILL DISAGREE WITH WHAT I AM SAYING BUT TO GET ANSWERS FOR THESE THINGS YOU MUST KNOW THE WORD OF GOD FOR THAT. NO, IT ISN'T THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LAW ENFORCEMENT TO STOP OR PRE-EMPT THESE THINGS NOR FIRE POWER TO CONTROL IT.

WHAT PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE IS THAT WHEN THESE START; WITHOUT A MIRACLE THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL END WITHOUT HEAVENLY INTERVENTION IS DEATH

FOR THIS TO STOP AND BE CONTROLLED THERE IS ONLY WAY OUT AND THAT IS AN ALL OUT
SPIRIT FILLED REVIVAL FROM HEAVEN.
THE REVIVAL IS BREAKING OUT ALL OVER THE GLOBE AND NO MATTER WHO DISPUTES IT IS NOW A MATTER OF PUBLIC RECORD. THE FRUIT OF THIS REVIVAL WILL SOON BE SEEN EVERYWHERE.
EVERYWHERE SIN ABOUNDS THE GRACE OF GOD WILL OVERFLOW MUCH GREATER

THERE IS A BOOK THAT HAS JUST RELEASED AND YES MY WIFE HAS HAD A LITTLE TO DO WITH IT; THE AUTHOR JONATHAN CAHN---THE TITLE THE PARADIGM.
THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS COMING WILL GET IT AND READ IT; THOSE WHO FEAR WILL REJECT IT AND DISPUTE THE REALITY IN IT.
YOUR CHOICE

M7TH
MAY THE GRACE OF GOD COVER YOU

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Oct 2, 2017, 12:46 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] LasVegas Masequer In reply to
Ooops! I thought I put this in "Latest Prayer Requests!"

Oh well!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi.

I REALIZE THAT JEANNE AND CHRIS WILL DISAGREE WITH WHAT I AM SAYING BUT TO GET ANSWERS FOR THESE THINGS YOU MUST KNOW THE WORD OF GOD FOR THAT. NO, IT ISN'T THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LAW ENFORCEMENT TO STOP OR PRE-EMPT THESE THINGS NOR FIRE POWER TO CONTROL IT.

How do you know I will disagree with you? You should not assume or preempt my reply before I have spoken. However: There are answers for 'these things' and the answers are bound up in The Gospel and The Reign of God on Earth. These things would stop only if God's will is done on earth as it is in heaven.

Short of that you are quite right, human legislation or force of arms will never deliver safety and security to every citizen in any nation on earth. As long as there are human beings angry or deranged enough to want kill others and with the cunning and wickedness to circumvent the law, there will never be safety from sudden death on the streets from gunshot.

Be aware though that Jesus never promised 'Peace on Earth'. Even the coming of The Kingdom will be opposed by the wicked.

Jesus did not advocate unilateral disarmament either or even forbid the use of weapons for defence against wickedness. He did however place a limitation on arms proliferation. When advising his followers to carry a sword after his arrest and death on earth they rushed off and found 2 swords between the 12 of them. Luke 22:38. Jesus' comment was that 2 swords were enough to defend 12 disciples.

I think therefore that collections of multiple automatic weapons (at least 6 in the hotel room and a dozen or more at his home), and large quantities of ammunition are unnecessary and inappropriate for defensive purposes of individuals.

Fully automatic rifles, assault rifles machine guns, etc. are not sporting or hunting weapons. They are specifically designed for assault operations and killing human beings, no other purpose. There therefore should be restrictions on the number and type of weapons allowed for personal use by any US citizen, unless specifically authorized to hold and use them in legitimate service of The State. (i.e. as a fully trained and authorized member of the armed forces on a duly authorized mission, police force or a duly regulated and certificated citizens militia), [like our anti terrorist SAS or special branch].

Allowing an individual such as the recent killer to legally hold that many automatic weapons and that much ammunition is a dereliction of duty by the state. It is the state which should be held responsible for making insufficient effort to protect the public from such indiscriminate gunmen.

The real problem in the US is FEAR.

FEAR by the general public that feels it needs to protect ITSELF presumably because the armed forces of the state, i.e police and or National Guard, are unable, unwilling or unprepared to protect the average US citizen from armed attack in their home or on the street, hence the perceived NEED for personal firearms.

The problem with that is the fact that criminals and gunmen are armed with increasingly lethal automatic weapons and so the average citizen in the US feels the need to 'match like with like'.

Where does such logic lead to? Ever increasing gun ownership of ever increasing lethal weapons.

You unfortunately have hold of a tiger's tail and so dare not 'let go'. You are stuck with it and just have to go wherever the tiger goes. The moment you let go you will have to face the other end of an angry tiger.

Introduction of sensible gun legislation is unlikely in the US for the simple reason that the situation is now so completely 'out of hand'. Now we are told by your president that, 'Now is not the time to even discuss the issue'.

Presumably out of respect for the dead and injured. Presumably though they might dearly have wanted their death to be discussed and something to be done about it. Something a bit more effective than a mere day or two of 'National Mourning', and then they are forgotten as they silently join the many thousands killed and injured by gunshot EVERY YEAR in the USA.

M7th is right. Nothing short of a 100% Holy Ghost Revival with mass conversions and national repentance and humble supplication to Almighty God for the sins of all the people will be likely to avert the cataclysm which looms.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Oct 3, 2017, 4:19 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] LasVegas Masequer In reply to
CHRIS I WANT THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT RESPONSE. I EVEN WROTE IT A MANNER TO INCITE A REPLY.
YOU HIT ON EVERY GOOD RESPONSE PERFECTLY. FOR ME TO ADD ANYTHING WOULD TAKE AWAY FROM WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN.
PLEASE KEEP THE FORUM AND AN OUTBREAK FOR REVIVAL IN PRAYER

M7TH

IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] LasVegas Masequer In reply to
Hello All.

Of course were all citizens of the earth to conform to some sort of belief in a loving creator, whose desire is for all creation to live in harmony, the world would have a more peaceful future...even if the belief was a "one with nature" form and we were each a "flower child" in the meekest sense.

So, Jim, I guess I could agree with you in a manner of speaking.

As far as I know, none of the firearms were legally owned and perhaps not even the ammo that went with them. For a single person to have obtained eleven long rifles of such calibre and military action, that is, fully automatic, would have taken a long time and required a special collectors license, which has not been the case for this man...or so it has been stated in. the press, so far.

Someone provided him with these weapons and it was done illegally.

There is no law that will keep criminals from getting what they want, but especially none that will prevent such massacres as the world has been witness to with deluded fanatics. I don't think there has been any release yet of reasoning, but it is very doubtful that he "merely" suffered a mental break such that he felt the overwhelming need to shoot strangers at a concert.

The US already has "sensible" firearm legislation and piled upon that are thousands of "insensible" firearm legislations. Criminal activity, including death by shooting, has nearly halved in the last decade, while legal firearm ownership has nearly doubled, so there is no need to blame those who own firearms legally and have them for protection, recreation, hunting or collecting. And, since they do not have the blame, they should not be punished with further legislation, with which they must comply. It is all there in often ridiculous form.

Massacres such as this are horrific, but should not be the basis for serious crime fighting discussion...and it is crime that is illegal, not legal firearm ownership or even the availability of legal firearms. Yes, people are fearful, but those people seek to lessen that fear by being prepared. In the past few months, we have seen the best and the worst of humanity in our country. Just as it was not important to know what political or religious belief people held during disasters and it didn't matter whether they were LGBT or Red Necks who had confederate flags at home, it was also not important to know if they owned firearms or thought that all guns should be confiscated by the federal government.

Still...the best way to stop a person from shooting to kill others is to shoot to kill that person. If only a worker or guest in that hotel had time enough to break down the door to that room and kill this madman using his or her own legally purchased firearm for which they had a carry permit. Or...even were carrying illegally, would anyone have cared?

There is no way to protect against the totally unexpected and illegal action of a person determined to carry out a plan that the rest of us find to be insane. And...this leads us to ISIS and other Muslim fanatics, as well as fanatics of other beliefs who seek to wipe out "non-believers" in their countries.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

Last edited by:

jeanne53: Oct 4, 2017, 5:08 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] LasVegas Masequer In reply to
Okay, so I was wrong in my original assessment. On the news this morning, it was revealed that the shooter legally bought 33 firearms, mostly long rifles, in four different states over a year. He also legally bought "bump-stocks" which half of the guns in the hotel room were fitted with. These bump-stocks allow a semi-automatic rifle to become basically fully automatic.

None of this is illegal, but I suspect much of the debate will center around the ability to create a fully automatic weapon from a semi...as it should.

It is not unlikely or unusual for those who are legal dealers or collectors to purchase this many guns in a year's time, but whether the shooter was either is not revealed, yet.

I listened to a police commissioner who is old friends with Joe Lombardo of Las Vegas speak about how he has not ruled out the possible terrorist element and believes that as the case "shakes out" more will be learned.

The money sent to the Philipines is suspicious, as there is a strong Islamist terrorist agency there. Where the money was sent is not known or not revealed at this time. The girlfriend has returned and is a person of interest.

They apparently had no social media presence, no known political leanings and much is not known about the why of all this. He had planned to commit this act at a previous concert, which was of Rapp/hip-hop music, so it would seem that the venue did not matter to him at all. His father was a psychopathic bank robber and he may have been genetically tuned to unravel at some point in his life. He had been prescribed the anti-anxiety drug, Valium, about a year ago. Apparently this particular drug had been linked to violent behavior.

So...much is not known. But...again, as with other mass killings, the task is to kill as many as possible and the method used is not set. We witnessed mass knife/blade killings in Sweden and mass vehicular killings in Nice, France. Then there are the ever present genocidal killings, which occur with regularity.

In every religion and in none, human behavior can be abysmal and leave us questioning much about the state of humanity.

Believers are right to pray. And...non-believers to worry and try to be prepared for the next shoe that drops.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] LasVegas Masequer In reply to
Evil came in the beginning of the world, and evil will be here until the end.

My husband would ask, "Anyone like to form a Christian Nation?" We have Indian nations in this country, why not "other" nations? Just a thought on the positive side. I get tired of hearing all about the gunman.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Hi Sarah.

Evil is one of those nebulous terms. I think it is intrinsic to all life when one stops to contemplate what might be considered to be evil. Most plants have some sort of toxic defense to use against anything that would destroy them, that is that would keep them from procreating, which is pretty much what all life is about. No doubt to an insect, those plants appear evil.

But..you are correct, evil is here as long as life exists. Fortunately, so is the will to do good.

With due respect to your husband, I prefer to be an American nation governed by the rule of law, not of men, with our base in our supreme law, our Constitution, which includes our Bill of Rights. Live within that and choose to believe in any deity or none...but live within the law of the land.

We may own firearms and other weaponry under our laws, but we may not murder, steal, bear false witness, incite riot, destroy the property of others or public property or infringe upon the rights of others. "Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins." "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it."

-Jeanne