The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Boston Marathon Bombing

(Page 2 of 2)
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Boston Marathon Bombing In reply to
Hi everyone,
I think we are all coming to agreement to see how great the Lord Jesus is above the Devil. We agree that our heavenly Father is not the one who tempts anyone to do evil. We see that man can defeat the Devil through Jesus Christ. I don't think that Jeanne will agree, but you never know. So, can anyone tell me how all or some of these things apply to the tragedy at Boston and Watertown.

With love and peace to you.
Abdool
Quote Reply
Re: [gloriousdays] Boston Marathon Bombing In reply to
Abdool, I was just about to ask the same question. While it has been an interesting discussion, I do not see it tying in with the OP... can anyone connect it?
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Boston Marathon Bombing In reply to
The connection is:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Although the Boston bombers did much harm, and separated many from their loved ones, they have not separated anyone from God.

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
To all who contributed and to all the readers,
I see a connection of minds (those who wrote) that are set against evil that are directed against innocent people. I see people here standing with the people of Boston to give light to them to get some understanding of the spiritual side of prayer and spiritual warfare. I see that the outcome in Boston could have been worse if not for the prayers of the true Christians. While Christian prayers and authority were not effective in preventing some things they most certainly were effective in bringing about the subduing of the offenders and calm in Boston. You may not agree with me but that is the way I see it.

Abdool
Quote Reply
I completely agree.
Quote Reply
Chris, you never cease to amaze me! Awesome post. :)
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
So, can anyone tell me how all or some of these things apply to the tragedy at Boston and Watertown?
That was what I was going to say. lol

In my mind, I keep seeing a picture of the man that they were rolling down the street who had lost both his legs in the bomb blast. I think it will take quite a bit for him to connect the dots between what happened and the spiritual aspects we have been talking about. We have not heard anything about the other seventy or so that were hospitalized. How are they doing? How do we talk to them to tell them about Jesus?
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Sarah, the Church is far and wide and our Father can speak to those saints in Boston to go directly to whosoever He wills. This is where we can intercede for the Church in Boston to take the love of Jesus directly to the people. So many people who have read these posts may have some connection to Boston and they may be inspired to send the posts to those contacts to pass on to some of the people. These and other acts can be done as we are led by the Spirit of God to do.

Abdool
Quote Reply
The crucifixion of Jesus was not an "exception." Jesus came to die. He knew before He got here, before the earth was created, that He would have to die. People did NOT kill Jesus. Jesus laid His life down for us. "Therefore does my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father" (John 10:17, 18).

I believe the main reason so much evil exists in this country now is because we took prayer out of everything including schools, home, churches, government, military, etc... OUR taxpayer-funded schools make place for children AND teachers to pray several times a school day to an islamic false prophet, yet our children are thrown out of school for silently praying at the lunch table over their meal or at their desks before a test to the GOD who created the universe. To imply prayer has nothing to do with the evil being perpetrated on this country is to display ignorance of the truth of Scripture. To say prayer won't change the heart of GOD is to also display ignorance of Scripture.

How many times did Moses fall on his knees before GOD in prayer for the ungrateful disobedients Israelites? How many times did GOD change His plan to do them harm? What about the snakes in the midst of the people when they complained against GOD and Moses? Numbers 7, the end of the verse says that when the Israelites came to Moses and repented, "So Moses prayed for the people." After he prayed the Lord told Moses to raise up the fiery bronze serpent so that anyone who was bitten would be saved. Notice this: GOD did not say they would never be bitten, only that they would not die. Yes, the serpent was a type of Christ, but at the time, the people were happy to have this means of "salvation" from death. (Numbers 21:4-8)

Personally, I think it's irresponsible not to pray before riding in a vehicle of any kind, before attending anything where there is a large crowd, and even before cooking a meal. When we pray, we bring ourselves into line with GOD's ultimate will for our lives, communion with HIM.
Quote Reply
Just a thought, Chris,

Your comment, "To be led by God to the place where we can consider alternatives is not 'being tempted' by God. It is being offered council. If we make the wrong choices we cannot blame God or the devil for having 'tempted' us. It is ourselves who have made the wrong choices," is true, as far as it goes. But to say we are not tempted by the devil is untrue. The devil is "a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44) and is called the "tempter." (Matthew 4:3) You're right when you say we cannot blame GOD or the devil for our wrong choices. You're wrong when you say we can't blame the devil for tempting us. That's his job. Those cretons that bombed the civilians in Boston were led by their father the devil. He tempted them spoke lies into their minds, fed the lies until they came to believe it was the best thing to do. Look at their crazy mother and tell me devils don't rule in that family. They need prayer, not condemnation. They need salvation if they are to have a hope and a future. And we need prayer back in everything!
Quote Reply
Re: [revsuz] Boston Marathon Bombing In reply to
revsuz:

But to say we are not tempted by the devil is untrue. - You're wrong when you say we can't blame the devil for tempting us.

Firstly, I don't think I actually wrote 'we are not tempted by the devil'. I did write 'we cannot blame God or the devil for having 'tempted' us.'

The Spirit led Jesus up to a time of decision, but the devil is there to urge selfish, skeptical, ambitious, compromising procedures. To be led by God to the place where we can consider alternatives is not 'being tempted' by God. It is being offered council. If we make the wrong choices we cannot blame God or the devil for having 'tempted' us. It is ourselves who have made the wrong choices.

When I said 'We can't blame the devil for tempting us.' I meant exactly what you said. It's his job, his entire reason for existence, it seems, is to tempt, accuse and blind mankind to the truth. We can't blame him for being what he is in order to relinquish ourselves of the responsibility for our actions. We remain fully culpable in the sight of God, even though blinded, tempted and even controlled by the devil. It is the abdication of personal responsibility that enabled the Boston bombers to clear their consciences of what they planned to do. Like it or not they WILL be held responsible at the great assize but will be judged with perfect equity.

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.