The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

CATASTROPHY!!!!

Quote Reply
CATASTROPHY!!!!
THE U.S. HAS BEEN LIVING WITH ONE STATE OF CATASTROPHY AFTER ANOTHER SINCE EARLY SUMMER WHEN THE FOREST FIRES BEGAN IN CALIFORNIA. NEARLY 40% OF THE STATE WAS CONSUMED BY FIRE AND THE LOSSES WILL BE IN THE BILLION DOLLAR AREA.
WHEN THE SUMMER STORM SEASON BEGAN NEARLY 40% OF THE COUNTRY WAS INUNDATED BY
TORNADOES, FLOODS, FIRE DAMAGE FROM LIGHTNING IN THUNDERSTORMS. THE FLOOD AND STORM DAMAGE FROM HURRICANE FLORENCE HAS RAVAGED THE CAROLINAS AND THROWN OFF TORNADOES AS WELL AS FLOODING IN VIRGINIA WITH THE REMNANTS OF THE STORM.

IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST A YEAR TO RESTORE THE CAROLINAS TO SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES THE ORIGINAL APPEARANCE OF THE TWO STATES. THAT DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE LOSES TO MORE THAN 2MILLION FAMILIES.

WILL AMERICA BE FORCED TO BEND THEIR KNEES BEFORE THE GOD OF HEAVEN TO OPEN A DOOR OF RESTORATION FOR THIS COUNTRY AND HER PEOPLE? ONE WAY OR ANOTHER GOD IS THE ONLY SOVEREIGN ANSWER TO THIS CATASTROPHY IN THIS
THERE HAS BEEN ALMOST 5'(FT) OF IN ALMOST CONSTANT DAILY RAIN FOR THE LASST 8--10 WEEKS DUMPING THE 5 FT OF RAIN IN THE SOUTHWEST.

M7TH
THE WATCHER ON THE WALL

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Sep 19, 2018, 8:15 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] CATASTROPHY!!!! In reply to
No, there is no need to bend any knee to any god.

Weather is weather. Disaster is disaster. Climate change is cyclical. California burns every Summer. Hurricanes and tornadoes ravage lives and land every year. The rivers and creeks flood with devastation on regular basis. Winter storms and blizzards shut down roads and businesses and wreak havoc each Winter. Ice ages come and go. Droughts come and go. Famine comes and goes. Our current event was a current event of the Earth long before we were even bi-pedal.

People forget and return to a sense of normalcy, until they are shocked...shocked...when it happens next year or next decade or next century.

If some choose to pray to God or some god, that is their choice, but many reason that the Earth is in the influence of its weather and climate patterns and its Sun and Moon.

While we should not foul our nest, neither should we deny these natural cycles and influences. If one is a believer, then one must believe these natural events to be part of a god's creation.

Our planet has been experiencing such cycles since it formed, so nothing is new. We just know so much more of current events and weather disasters then we knew in the early years of humanity or even the 1900s.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
IF THIS WEATHER SYSTEM WERE NOT A CATASTROPHY, I KNOW OF MORE THAN 2 1/2MILLION PEOPLE DISPLACED BY THIS WEATHER THAT WOULD STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH YOU. THEY HAVE LOOKED AT WATER RISING TO ROOF LEVEL ON THEIR HOMES AND NOW REMNANTS OF THIS SAME SYSTEM IS SPREADING FLOODING AND STORMS INTO THE UPPER MIDWEST.
THE STRANGE THING ABOUT IT IS THERE ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY TO FIX ALL THIS AND MOST NEWS WATCHERS AGREE THAT IS PROBABLY THE WORST SPRING AND EARLY STORM SEASON IN MANY, MANY YEARS.

IF ANYONE CHOOSES NOT TO PRAY THEN HE MAY CHOOSE TO SWIM LIKE THOSE THAT DIDN'T THINK THE ARK WASN'T TOO COOL EITHER..

YOU MAY DISAGREE IF YOU WANT BUT THAT WON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT JESUS IS COMING AND MANY OF THESE HAPPENINGS ARE THOSE PROPHESIED IN THE BIBLE TO SHOW HIS COMING IS VERY NEAR.

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Sep 20, 2018, 10:58 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] CATASTROPHY!!!! In reply to
Hi, Jeanne,
I am inclined to agree with you. When Abba created the world, He was not so small that He could not see into the future or to see what would happen as a result of certain situations taking place. I think you put a limit on Father's ability to see the results of His actions. Just because a flood will be the result of a water transaction is not a reason to not have the transaction, as is pointed out by the Flood. We are NOT big enough to judge God, and none of us ever will be.

I'm okay with that. You don't seem to be. I will never be big enough, strong enough, smart enough to compete for a competition with a Creator of the universe or what He has done. You want to argue with God or the way the earth is created, it seems like a waste of time to me. But, on the other hand, one cannot believe in what one does not believe. If we haven't convinced you by now, I doubt that you can be convinced. Nevertheless, we can hope; for we hate to have you have to endure what is designed for the non-believers. You might want to do a study on that sometime. It might, at the very least, give you a new way of looking at some of the things you think you believe in. .
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

The point is ...and please let us correct the spelling...such catastrophes have been happening from the beginning of the planet. We just notice them much more because more and more they involve disasters for human beings and their communities. Plus..we know about them instantly all around the world, because of the internet.

Whether an entire nation should take the recent weather catastrophe or combination of natural events as cause for it to "bend a knee" to any god considered to be the one and only creator, is another matter entirely.

Individuals are able to make such decisions, but nations should not. Totalitarian dictatorships might believe that Theocratic rule is their right, but that is not the way the US operates. Islamic State forces that sort of control over their citizens and any who fall into their hands, but their deity belief is not yours.

What each believer feels to be truth about their scripture is for each believer to hold and follow. The "nearness" of Jesus's return always seems to be close at hand no matter what the century. All matter of events, both natural and political, involving the usual suspect list of nations and the behavior of younger generations are always used as signs.

I would like to write that is does no harm to believers to always be on the ball, but I it seems to me that such rhetoric is harmful for many. Expecting the End Times to be just around the corner stifles the life of some and derails their future, especially of children, who emulate their elders and have been taught little else in the line of faith. And..I am not so sure that older people don't grow stale waiting for the return above all else.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] CATASTROPHY!!!! In reply to
Hi Sarah.

I don't accept the existence of any gods and only refer to God because it is part of the conversation to be had with Christians.

I don't argue with God, but with those believers who believe in God and follow scripture and Christian leaders.

Whether or not a Creator Deity started the whole of existence and ultimately our planet really has little to do with what Christians believe about current events. It may have been, but probably wasn't. What Christians read into scripture that claims prophecy is different from that.

What is, is. Why it is becomes the question. What it means is the follow up question.

Believers want it to mean something other than natural occurrences. Non-believers don't need it to mean anything beyond what science can measure and humans can consider based upon scientific inquiry.

Do you think I do not know what some Christians believe is my predicted fate after my body dies? "Some of the things, you think you believe in." Ah..you believe that I don't know what I actually believe about God. Well...that is the way all believers feel about non-believers. You believe that if Christians can just explain or if I can just understand or if I give the Bible another try...that I will maybe "see the light" as they say.

There is no new way of considering deity belief, except that I consider it to be beneficial and worthwhile for some to have faith and to have a religious doctrine to guide their lives, that is, if the deity belief is one that does not harm the believer or others. That is quite a restriction on what makes religion beneficial to humans, in my opinion.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
CATASTROPHY!!!!-- THAT OF SAFETY IS OF COURSE THE MAIN FOCUS-- IS TODAY REALLY DIFFERENT FROM PAST HISTORY In reply to
JEANNE WE ALL KNOW YOUR POSITION ON A DEITY AND NO ONE WILL TAKE THAT FROM YOU BECAUSE THAT DECISION IS YOURS ALONE.

EVERYTHING NATURAL IS A RECURING CYCLONE BUT THE HISTORY DOESN'T COMPARE WITH WHAT IS GOING ON AND THE SEVERITY OF SOME OF THE STORMS. THERE ARE ENTIRE REGIONS NOW THAT ARE DESTROYED AND IT WILL GET WORSE.
IT WILL BE YEARS BEFORE CALIFORNIA IS RESTORED. OVER HALF OF THE CAROLINAS WERE DECIMATED BY THE FLOODS
AND IN THE CAROLINAS WHEN PICTURES CAME OF THE WATER WAS AS FAR YOU COULD SEE. IN
RENDERINGS OF THE FLOOD THE THEN KNOWN WORLD WAS DESTROYED; NOT TO MENTION THE LIVES.
THERE IS AN ARK TODAY THAT IS NOT TO BE COMPARED WITH AND HIS NAME IS JESUS.

BE READY FOR THIS THE CHURCHES WHERE MEN LEAVE AND GO OUT EAT WITH A COCKTAIL
THEN RUSH BACK FOR A MEETING AT CHURCH. PASTORS WHO LEAVE THE PULPIT AND GO TO MEET WITH A GIRLFRIEND ARE ALL OUTSIDE THEIR ARK OF SAFETY. MEN THAT LEAVE THEIR FAMILIES TO GO BE WITH ANOTHER PARTNER ARE AMONG A FEW THAT ARE GOING TO BRING
JUDGMENT TO THE CHURCH. THERE IS AN THAT IS HEIR IS AN APOSTATE CHURCH THAT IS PART OF THE GROUP WILL BE THE CHURCH FOR THE FALSE PROPHET. WHY BECAUSE of
THE FALSE DOCTRINE AND THE ALL IS OKAY DOCTRINE, NOTHING IS SIN.
THE CHURCH IS COMING IS COMING TO JUDGMENT AND VERY SOON BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO AS YOU PLEASE AND BE PART OF HIS BRIDE.

THE BIBLE SAYS HIS BRIDE WILL BE WITHOUT SPOT OR WRINKLE- HOLY UNTO HIM.

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Sep 23, 2018, 11:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] CATASTROPHY!!!!-- THAT OF SAFETY IS OF COURSE THE LO-- IS TODAY REALLY DIFFERENT FROM PAST HISTORY In reply to
Hi Jim.

I really like this statement:

<<EVERYTHING NATURAL IS A RECURING CYCLONE>>

I agree, chaos is nature's middle name. Laugh

But you are incorrect about the history of nature's seeming intent to ravage this planet getting worse than ever. There are more people affected, because there are more people and many of them have chosen to live in areas that are routinely affected by nature, such as the shore lines of seas and rivers. California, in particular, has worked against nature's cycle and has literally provided fodder for disastrous fires through nonsensical regulations. Rerouting the Mississippi River and building in previously natural flood zones provided for much disaster in those areas.

So...humans have not helped in causing more disaster and harm.

The history of this planet is rife with mass extinctions from naturally occurring events; there just weren't any humans to witness it. After humans started recording natural disasters, there were still events every weather cycle that ended in mass destruction and death...and not all humans were recording these events so that we have a written history of all disasters.

We live on a violent planet that does not concern itself with us or our beliefs or our preferences, but seems set out to kill nearly every life form that thinks and reasons and sets its wishes above the planet's natural cycles. Even those creatures who accept planetary cycles are set upon by the rest of nature and endure terrible hardships from their attack. Yes, life occurs here in the "Goldilocks zone" optimal for it to form, but Nature is not gentle to whatever life there arises.

Floods, Ice Ages, volcanic activity, meteor strikes, drought, plague and parasites, hurricanes and tornadoes, earthquakes and tsunamis, wildfires and sandstorms, famine from blight or insects....these have been going on from the beginning and long, long before humans entered the equation.

During our lifetime, I don't think we have had entire human populations wiped out from any of these or whole cities or tribal nations obliterated. Yet, there may have been small human tribes that died out in the past hundred years from the attacks of several events. Humans, as a species, have survived extinction, which cannot be said of 95% or so of all species that has ever lived.

The Great Flood is a history of many, if not all, human civilizations, so it probably occurred, but as not all human civilizations were wiped out, it probably did not cover all of the Earth and left intact enough humans to place the event in their tribal histories. Such cataclysmic events could occur again and modern humans will be the ones to adapt and survive the natural cycles of our violent planet.

Now, the above is just about nature and our planet's history. I have written nothing about human ethical dilemmas.

Jim, you believe what you believe, and it is your choice to believe that way.

I will take objection to your notion that those who do not believe exactly as you do are living with "THE ALL IS OKAY DOCTRINE, NOTHING IS SIN" and are unworthy because they are apostates. Many have their own devout religious beliefs and strive to live within moral parameters. As well, do many who are atheists strive to live thus.

Human beings will never be without "spot or wrinkle" and for a Creator to deliberately place us here on this violent and unforgiving planet among nature's war-like behavior in all its forms, and expect anything perfect in the end, is cruel. I have been repeatedly told that God is not cruel.

I do believe that nearly all human beings from our very beginnings as sentient life forms, strive to be the best they can be for the times and places in which they dwell. Some are trapped by geography and history, and struggle more than others...but even in their lives are moral parameters that most choose not to cross. It is beneficial to human societies to live within these moral parameters, especially when it comes to rearing the next generation.

Not all human societies, civilizations or communities are failing that responsibility, although the media may make it appear to be that way nowadays. In fact, I would say it is only a vocal and well-videoed few that are failing in that duty, but they are heavily covered by media in all its forms.

I have nothing against people being prepared, but each in our own manner. You believe the only preparation is of the soul and you are correct then to promote that. As for proof of a near End Times based upon natural events and human activity, I don't see what you are providing to be any proof. It has always been thus for the planet and the humans interacting upon it.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
JEANNE
THERE IS TO MANY HISTORYS TO GO ON AND TO MANY DOLLARS LOST IN THESE DISASTERS TO DISCOUNT THEM. NOWHERE IN THE WORD IS IT EVEN HINTED SOME GREAT UNUSUAL FIRST TIME EVENT WOULD COME TO JUDGMENT OF MAN. IN FACT, IF THE FIRST 42 MONTHS ARE STUDIED CAREFULLY YOU WILL SEE MOST OF THE PROBLEMS WILL COME FROM INDISCRIMINATE
ABUSE OF THE ENVIRONMENT.
WHAT WE HAVE SOWN IN THIS WILL BE A HARVEST VERY BITTER TO SWALLOW.
YOU MAY ANY THOUGHT TO WHATEVER I WRITE BUT I WILL BE IN ANY DISCUSSION ABOUT IT.

THERE ARE STILL LARGE AREAS IN THE CAROLINAS AND VA. THAT ARE UNDER AND PEOPLE ARE STILL BEING EVACUATED.
PLEASE PRAY SOME ARE LOOKING AT LONG TERM BEFORE THEY CAN RETURN HOME.

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Sep 24, 2018, 2:58 PM