The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

New Single Ministry Helps

Quote Reply
New Single Ministry Helps
I am starting a new ministry for singles, I am looking for others with a similar heart to help guide me along. Perhaps even start their own.

Looking for others to prayerfully be supportive and learn as well as we build this exciting ministry, that is some much needed.
Quote Reply
New Single Ministry Helps In reply to
Hi Mike, I know it has been a while since you posted this but I would love to know more about what you have achieved until now..... I think it is a brilliant idea!!!!!!

Kind Regards
Quote Reply
That's great what are the singles going to be doing? chatting at a certain time. I'm a single christian you can e-mail me at princessra1961@aol.com.
Quote Reply
Which kind of ministries are you starting and kind of help do you want me to render.paulayojab2@yahoo.co.uk
Quote Reply
HI IM A SINGLE FEMALE,I M NEW HERE,LIKE TO JOIN UR GROUP WHAT WE R GOIN TO TALK ABOUT? I LIKE TO MEET NEW FRIENDS

TYJA@PRAIZE.COM
Quote Reply
I am still working on this everyone. Please don't give up on us. We should be sharing more very soon, within the next couple of weeks.

thanks God Bless, Mike
Quote Reply
Marcia Davison wrote:

I'm single too and get kind of lonely sometimes and I'd like to chat with other singles. I was divorced over 20 yrs. ago when my husband left me for another woman. I have 3 grown children who all backslid and had a rocky childhood. I'm going to be moving in about 3 weeks since I can't afford to stay here and have to get my credit card debts paid so I'll just be staying in one room in a house. Marcia

thewaythetruthandthelife@praize.com

Marcia, I will ad you to my prayer list. It will get better, and after a while you will see God makes things aright for those who love Him.

Quote Reply
Re: New Single Ministry Helps In reply to
Email me with more details to see if it is the kind of ministry I should be involved in, and if you need someone who is handy with HTML, DHTML, and some Java on website creation.
Quote Reply
Hi Mike,

I know that you started this ministry in 2002, however, I wanted to know if the ministry you did start the ministry and, if the answer is yes, where can I find this ministry? I would like to talk to some single people.

Thanks,

Robin

Quote Reply
HI I DONT KNOW HOW I CAN HELP BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT WSSBROOKLYN@WMCONNECT.COM MY NAME IS BRUCE AND IM SINGLE TOO GOD BLESS
Quote Reply
Count me in! I would definitly be interested in this and knowing some ideas. Would be great to get something like this started in my own church
Quote Reply
Hi Mike,My name is Gayla and I too am single again....I have been

married for 25 of my 46 years and to be single again ..I have no

direction.Been out of the dating scene and have no clue where to

begin ...thought this might be a good place to start....I am agreeing with you on this great singles ministry ..and where 2

agree you know what the outcome is God has to move ...man don't

we serve an awesome God ...Praize be to Jesus..what ever I can do

please feel free to contact me at sugars_gone@yahoo.com
Quote Reply
Mike, interested in knowing what caused you to want to start a singles ministry? Would that be ok to ask? When I was first divorced, and thru the urgings of friends...I joined a few(not all at once), and found it uncomfortable & awkward. I felt like we may as well have bright orange jumpsuits that say SINGLE in big, bold, black letters. Guys would gawk, women behaved competitively towards one another over the one or two "knights" in the group. One group had worship & Bible discussions on singleness topics while everyone sneaked peeks at the opposite sex. I liked the idea of having barbecues, and ranch outings, and beach trips, game nights, etc. But the idea of having worship & Bible study, sitting around in a circle facing one another with diverse "vibes" going on , I just preferred to go to the churches regular services.

I will tell you, one church started a coffee house night at a rented place, and I thought that was GREAT! It was sponsored & participated in by all the christian churches in the community, they took donations for the rent. When you walked in, there were game tables, sofas & recliners, a DJ playing hot, christian music, refreshments, people could display their art work, poetry readings, contests, and Karaoke. Alot of people showed up for this, and it was pleasant. It was well organized and everyone pitched in to clean up. It didn't feel like the awkwardness of "singles" sitting around in a circle facing each other, discussing things that had everyone yawning. It just felt like we were people, enjoying a night out with friends. If you played an instument, you could do a little performance. It was nice. And I saw more people talking with each other there, than I ever did at a backyard barbecue, or a Single's discussion. You might consider something like that. By the way...how is it going?
Quote Reply
Mike,

I'm new to this board, but just saw your message! Way to go! A few things I've found out since I've started mine a year ago... Many singles have "committment issues"...Bad pun, but painfully true. Be constantly looking for future leaders... If this takes off, there are MANY directions a singles ministry can go...divorce recovery, boundaries subjects, widows/grief support, outdoor sports/activities, movie/book/dining groups, you get the hint. Be prepared for church members who have a negative view of singles groups (i.e. meet markets, messianic matchmaking, etc.) who think all singles ever think about is finding, tackling and forcing a commitment out of any member of opposite gender who claims faith AND has a pulse!

Now for the singles web sites that impress:

http://www.praize.com/ministries/sanctifiedsingles/

http://www.singlesmall.com/sam_menu.html

http://www.christianitytoday.com/lyris/singles/archives/

http://www.crosswalk.com/community/singles/

http://www.lifeway.com/leader_sm0003.asp

Let me know if you need more!

Keith
Quote Reply
Care about your single people> and encouge them that their not alone.
Quote Reply
Re: [Amie McCormick] New Single Ministry Helps In reply to
Hello Brother Mike,

Is your Ministries is still existing ? You posted this blog last 2005. Stll active, how cani join? Im still single at 42 yeard old but my life is up and down ..Please tell me what to do and help i can do?

God Bless,

Bheng