The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

3rd most unreached group in YOUR backy

Quote Reply
3rd most unreached group in YOUR backy
I discovered something that has really shook me. The Deaf community is the third most unreached group of people. Only 3% profess a commitment to Christ. These are people in almost every neighborhood. ASL (American Sign Language) is the third most used language in the United States! This is a huge group of people that are virtually ignored by us and our churches today. I have started learning sign language in an effort to help turn these numbers around! I am trying to build relationships with members of the Deaf community so I can share some of my joy and love for Christ. I hope that you will take this information and pray about it and/or talk to your church leaders about it. Is God asking YOU to get involved?
Quote Reply
Re: 3rd most unreached group in YOUR backy In reply to
i will pray about this it is true the deaf dont get the gospel like they should
Quote Reply
Who knew? Not me. Thanks for the heads up.

God bless you,

Diane
Quote Reply
JP - I am quite fluent in ASL and sign during worship in my church every week, but honestly have no clue how to even find deaf people to be able to witness to. The nearest school is a couple hours away. Any suggestions? I would love to press forward in a ministry in this area.
Quote Reply
I would add something,

It is not the deaf community which is over looked. Is the disabled community as a whole.

I pastor a Church, but have taken a full time job working in an assisted living community for physically and mentally challenged individuals. This includes not only deaf individuals, but also the blind, physically disabled and mentally retarded.

I will have your ministry in prayer. Please do the same for me.

Yours in Him,

Philip
Quote Reply
Wow. Is there any type of national/local organization that supports missionaries who witness specifically to the deaf community in a way that they understand? ...I don't think my community has anything...how does the everyday person get involved?
Quote Reply
     I do not know if there is any specific mission group for this. Maybe God is working some of us here toward that.

I do know that there is a deaf/blind school in California where a friend of mine is going to serve as a missionary this coming week. He got set up to go through Biblical Ministries Worldwide: http://www.biblicalministries.org

This might be a good place to start. I will try to catch him tomorrow and see if I can get any other specifics.

Yours in Him,

Philip