The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

being ordained over the internet

Quote Reply
being ordained over the internet
 What do you think about becoming an ordained Minister over the Internet?
Quote Reply
Re: being ordained over the internet In reply to
Shalom,

No problem at all! It is not man that ordains, only GOD ordains! Man just moves through the motions to acknowledge what GOD has or is doing through the individual.

In the churchworld we get so hung up into our own forms of legalism that it becomes nearly impossible for GOD to do anything with us. JESUS acknowledged that the church of HIS day (Judaism) did the same thing when HE said;

"Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye."
Quote Reply
Man is a tool in the tool-box. The Lord is the tool-box.

When the tool-box is opened...God lets go of man to do His work.

The Shepherd knows the sheep and the Sheep His master.

Sheep hear the good Shepherd's voice.

God bless us all.
Quote Reply
Shalom,

Valid question Sonshyne. There accountability is the same as that of your local church if they have a legitimate ministry. Accountability is generally only an issue if someone in the congregation or community reports if. If the person really has no ministry then no one will know and tell on them to the body which issued the ordination papers. If they have a real ministry and someone they are ministering to thinks they are beyond left-field and out on Waverly Avenue (for all you Cubs fans) and reports it then discipline can be enforced. If they refuse to accept it then their ordinantion can be rescinded just as in a local body. However just as with any non-denominationl church the institution of the church can not be forced to shut down by the ordaining body, however they are obligated to report the rescinding of the church charter to the state or local gov't which then turns the issue over to the gov't for final disposition. Once the charter has been rescinded the gov't does then have authority to take action for this is one of their requirements for operation.

Here, however is an issue for consideration as well and it's not something most people like to hear. As a member of the congregation you really are not to be judging the Pastor's accountability accept as it applies to you, your family and by the laws of the gov't in the way of laws of the land. The Pastor is actually only accountable to GOD!
Quote Reply
well folks there is nothing over all wrong with being ordained online (i have a friend that did it). but i do warn you to research the background of the organization you are goign through, many of the organizations that do this are nonchristian and are only wanting to give the right to marry people and others are of denominations of vain doctrines.
Quote Reply
Humbly I fear about the ordination online, I dont know if it can move the right way, reason because, everything online is jumbled up.

Truly you dont know what type of Christian you are talking to, How the Lord is leading another person. As pastors, or the shepherds have to give an account of every sheep that He/She leads on the last day. I am not sure how much of a ministry can you do individually or personally on individual lives.

I pray that the spirit of God leads us in the right way in everything.

God's might hands and strength be upon us all.
Quote Reply
As long as a person studies to show himself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed there's nothing wrong with it.

I know many people who cannot attend a Bible college in person and many do take correspondence courses to become ordained.

If you are talking about a "preacher in the box" then that is tremendously wrong. I have seen false advertisements that say "Pay $49.95" and get your ordination papers.

Quote Reply
Although this thread is a little dated, I like Kendra's reply.

Obtining an ordination just for the sake of marrying people cheapens the ordination. But if the time and funds are not available for the formal education, I think the online or mailorder method is quite appropriate.

Again, God deals with the heart, it's intent and sincerity.

What a good thing to work for God.

In Christ,

Steve
Quote Reply
I guess it should be ok, if its all legitimate.

I would have to wonder why they are doing it online in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jesus4me] being ordained over the internet In reply to
The only line we need tofollow is the narrow one that leads to life and not the wide one that leads to death and destruction. Johnny Cash I walk the line :-) I know were talking internet (online) well praise God I was ordained on line but God ordained me when I was five yrs old. Self promotion can be an issue we cant just all of a sudden say I want to be ordained there has to be a call first on our lives. Amen also folks is the person being ordained capable of having a shepherds heart (little s not capitol) yes Jesus is the Over Shepherd and the ones under are the undershepherds. The calling is based on the qualifyer and not the qualified. Yep by all means be ordained according to the will of God.
With all my love Paul Wink
AIN"T GOD GOOD?