The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

is it biblical to marry a divorced perso

(Page 3 of 3)
Quote Reply
Re: is it biblical to marry a divorced perso In reply to
And you point is what?

This says it is OK for someone to marry a 'divorced' wife. Verse 2.

And also that her second 'husband' can get rid of her just as easily but when HE gets rid of her she has nowhere to go at all and no way of earning a living except possible prostitution because she has been declared doubly unclean by two 'husbands'.

Thus Jesus' teaching flatly contradicted this barbaric and primitive 'Law' from Deuterononomy 24.

HE said if anyone marries a divorced woman they commit adultery and the only legitimate reason for divorcing a wife is adultery.

The LAW allowed divorce, - Jesus was against the idea.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
My point is that there were an are Biblical grounds for divorce and remarriage.

Even Jesus left an exception in His statement about divorce. He said, "...saving for the cause of fornication..."

Paul, in 1 Corinthians 7, dealt with divorce and said that if a woman was married to an unbeliever who wanted of the marriage, she should, "...let him depart." He added, "A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace."

Considering the entire teaching of Scripture on a topic sometimes gives a different view.

I divorced my first wife after she walked out with another man and every attempt at reconciliation failed. I had Biblical grounds for the divorce and no sin was committed. I later remarried and, once again, no sin was involved.

Quote Reply
I fundamentally agree with you on this.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Chris, I enjoyed reading your post here... but are you really saying that part of hubby's anger problem could have been my behaviour? (Notice the British spelling.) I KNOW the problem wasn't my bahavior!!! lol... see cheek protrudinging where tongue is pushing against it!

Blessings, and thanks for the great post.