The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

We are in love, but her parents...

Quote Reply
We are in love, but her parents...
Well I am with a wonderful woman. We have been together for a year and two months and we are very in love. She is Korean and I am Caucasian. We have a problem tho, her parents are COMPLETELY against us being together based on nothing. They judge me and all they haev seen of me is a picture and they have already threatened to abandon her and cut her from the family if she continues seeing me. He acts like we are getting married right now, we are only 20 and we would not ever get married until we are older, he knows this but he is just against it and is threatening to cut her from the family. God has told me through prayer that she is the one for me and she says the same. Should we stay together? Does she have to honor her father and leave me?
Quote Reply
Re: We are in love, but her parents... In reply to
The Bible says what God has joined together let know man put asunder.

If you truly Love this woman and believe that God has truly put you together then there is a reason for it.

Bible says you ought to obey God rather than man also.

If you truly love another then God will bless this union. No matter what her father thinks. If you lve one another with a Christlike spirit uou will be blessed also.

About honoring her Father is a tough one. As the Bible also tells us to obey our parents. We always need to respect our parents no matter what. Just because they are our parents. When we become old enough to make our own decisions then we need to be prepared for what other peopl think and how it will affect our future and our relationship with God.

You both really need to pray about this together. But you need to prepare yourself for whatever His will may be. Pray for God to work in her families heart. Be a witness to them and show them the Love of Christ. Be firm in your convictions but respect them for their concern of their daughter. We don't have to like what other people think but we still need to show the Love of Christ in everything we do. Really make it matter in your daily prayer life for God to show you what to do. You can't make them Love You. But you can pray for God to change their hearts.

Another matter to me would be. If your girfriend lives at home or not. I believe that if she does then she needs to respect her Fathers wishes as long as she lives under the same roof as him. But if she is of age and able to live on her own. Then she should. Then she is free to make her own decisions.

Going against a parents beleief or wishes is a hard thing to do especially if it can mean losing their love and possibility of being alienated from them. Again make it a matter of the "effective fervent prayer of the believer" and let God handle it.

It's a tough spot to be in. Hang in there, the both of you.

we'll be praying for you on this end.
Quote Reply
Well another question would be, in Gods eyes, is it okay for her father to just cut her out of the family, like he literally said he never wants to see her again if she continues to see me, not like marry, just continue to see me. He would cut her from the family just for loving another human being, I don't believe that is okay, especially if our parents are suppose to set an example of Godly love for us. By the way, they are catholic and they supposedly "have faith in God."
Quote Reply
NO. In God's eyes I believe it to be wrong also. We as Christians are responsible to God. Catholic or not. People of faith can be the worst example of God's Love because our finite little minds don't think like God. We set up our own rules to live by as we think God would want us to. We can't set our eyes on man. Man will let us down. We have to follow God and His will for our lives. But God has to be the one to open our eyes. Listen for that still small voice. Let your rquest be known to God and keep them before the throne.
Quote Reply
Well I know what my prayers have told me and I know what my heart tells me. She broke up with me once before because of this but during that time realized that she had made a terrible mistake. DUring the time we were broken up God told me through prayer to not let go of her. So I remained her friend for a month and just continued loving her like I always did. One weekend she went to canada for a few days and found herself thinking about me constantly. She kept calling me all the time during the weekend even with her parents RIGHT THERE. It was that weekend, even in the presence of her parents and their influence, that she loved me. We have been building on our relationship since then and I know she is the one for me. Because of her my faith has grown and according to her, her faith has grown because of me. Its like we have helped eachother see God more clearly. I love her. I sure am going to need Gods help with this one...
Quote Reply
Then stick by her and believe. God will get you through it.
Quote Reply
Thank you for your wisdom. Well her parents made her choose the other day, either break up with me, or leave and never come back. Thats a tough spot. She has been praying everynight and so have I. I really hope God is working his mircales. Do you have any suggestions for certain prayers, like maybe for situations like this or for "relationships" and "love"? Thank you for your help.