The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

I have a wonderful husband

Quote Reply
I have a wonderful husband
But after two years of marriage, I don't want him to touch me anymore...I don't know what is wrong with me. I've been to doctors upon doctors...and there is nothing wrong!!!! I just can't stand for him to touch me anymore. And there are times I don't want to be around him. I need serious prayer.
Quote Reply
Re: I have a wonderful husband In reply to
Is it possible you have been hurt or abused? Maybe as a child? Sometimes this can cause these feelings.

Please take time to be alone with God. Take the time to listen to Him. One of my favorite ways of doing this is to write down my prayer then write down God's response. If you have never heard of doing this email me [email]help@personal-financial-advice-101.com [email] and I will share an example out of my prayers.

Have you talked to your husband and let him know that you aren't rejecting him? He may be more understanding than you think.
Quote Reply
HoldmeJesus,

Have you considered Christian or Pastoral counseling about this? It might help. Please know that God feels your pain and go to Him with your problems, just lay them at the Savior's feet and listen to His guidance. I will lift this up in prayer to God and ask Him to help you in this. Please know that you are well loved and we are praying for you!

God Bless!
Quote Reply
HoldmeJesus,

I had those same feeling with my husband but because I was abused as a child. They were really bad before I went to seek therapy. I don't know if that may be why with you but my therapist said this is very common with women who have had that kind of truma in there past. Email me at lil5ftmunchkin@sbcglobal.net
Quote Reply
I have been reading a book called the "Five Love Languages". This book has helped me define why I was feeling so "empty". I notice that when I don't feel accepted and loved because my "Love Tank is on empty" that I withdraw from many things...one of them is intimacy with my husband. It may be that he is not "speaking" your love language. If you are a person that needs "Words of Affirmation" (encouragement, love, and uplifting, or even a job well done) but your husband is using "touch" - your love tank is not being filled. Eventually, you withdraw. You may want to ponder on what you "need" from your husband and write down 4 things he could "do" for you to fill your love tank.
Quote Reply
I have also read the "Five Love Languages"... This book is fantastic and might really hold something that could help. Another thing I have heard of is a need to reconnect with your husband... Try dating. Starting over again. Go out to dinner or shopping together and just hold hands. Maybe a while later try kissing and hugging.

You've gotten to used to each other and you need to start over, I know an older couple from our Church who had this problem and after "Dating" for a while they got back on the right track. Try also doing a couples devotional together and to pray together for help... God will put it there for you if you ask!

I am praying for you friend!