The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

God tells me 1 thing, but her another?

Quote Reply
God tells me 1 thing, but her another?
I have been best friends with a girl for about 5 months. We are both in love with God and are very active in our church. We both recently discovered our feelings for each other. We realize that we are more than friends, that our feelings for each other are growing more and more. Then God told me this was the girl He had sent for me! This was the girl I was to marry, but he told me that if we want to have a pure, Godly relationship, we need to pray and ask Him what to do. I talked to her and told her that I wanted her to pray about taking our relationship a step up to the next level. She prayed for a whole week, then finaly she told me. She said God didn't release her to me. She said she knows Im not the guy for her. She said she is so confused because she loves me and has feelings for me, but God didn't release her. I said, maybe its just not time, but she said no, I wasn't the guy. I am so confused because God specificly told me she was the one, then he told two other people the same thing, which confirmed it. Why would He tell me and 2 other people 1 thing, but tell her something toltally opposite? Any advise would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
God tells me 1 thing, but her another? In reply to
I said, maybe its just not time, but she said no, I wasn't the guy.

Maybe it isn't the right time, but she can't see it yet. Or, maybe you honestly thought you heard from God but didn't. Hearing God's voice can be a subjective thing and easily swayed, even subconsiously, by our own wants and desires. Now, I'm not saying God didn't talk to you and your friends ... I'm just wondering. 'Kay? Either way, God hasn't made this clear to your young lady yet.

My suggestion? Wait and pray. Not easy to do, but necessary. Remember, God didn't send an angel to Joseph on the same day that he sent one to Mary. There was some lag time there that made things a tad uncomfortable for that young lady, right?

Don't pressure your lady friend. Just relax in the friendship that you enjoy, and wait and see. Remember not to panic, God is good, if he has promised this he will carry it out in his time. Let's hope you don't have to wait as long as Abraham, but if your wait is lengthy, may you have the faith in God to endure.

Cheers

Quote Reply
Re: God tells me 1 thing, but her another? In reply to
We have an on time God. I agree,enjoy you friendship with her. Let go and Let God.