The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

WHERE ARE THE BELIEVERS?

Quote Reply
WHERE ARE THE BELIEVERS?
ShockedA man was sent to the edge of a cliff to proclaim a word from the Lord and he did and miracles followed,where are those type men that are concerned with only one thing and that's a true word from the throne. I grew up with Pastors that averaged twenty-five to thirty hours per week in prayer and study of the word on top of that.
My soul aches for the services that were common with weeping & praying before the Lord for his presence.It was not uncommon to have the church body in the altars seeking God when he moved by his Spirit sovereignly. Most groups do not even know what an altar is..
People are obsessed with titles and after 20 some years of ministry I am obsessed with being a servant and unless there are some knee bending times in the services, some people who have self made titles have a shock coming.
In most Charismatic circles you can't really go to a service without going through a work up in emotions and calling that a move of the Spirit.
I found a picture of some of the saints from one of the churches I used to be part of and the one thing that branded the church was the prayer that permeated the believers there.
To many people are claiming titles that aren't really their's to have group following them that the Lord didn't send and without a time of repentance as in 2Chron.7:14 no man will see the Lw00tord. Yes there must be shaking and change come.
Here are small portion of some things ---LEE GRADY formly of Charisma Mag. put in a recent article about a change needed among Charismatics

[/url]1. Let’s reform our theology. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He is God and He is holy. He is not an “it.” He is not a blob, a force, or an innate power. We must stop manipulating Him, commanding Him and throwing Him around.
2. Let’s return to the Bible. The Word of God is the foundation for the Christian experience. Any dramatic experience, no matter how spiritual it seems, must be tested by the Word and the Holy Spirit’s discernment. Visions, dreams, prophecies and encounters with angels must be in line with Scripture. If we don’t test them we could end up spreading deception.
3. It’s time for personal responsibility. We charismatics must stop blaming everything on demons. People are usually the problem.
4. Stop playing games. Spiritual warfare is a reality, but we are not going to win the world to Jesus just by shouting at demonic principalities. We must pray, preach and persevere to see ultimate victory.

The greatest thing needed right is for the church to remember what a prayer of repentance is.
m7th
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Re: [m7th] WHERE ARE THE BELIEVERS? In reply to

The greatest thing needed right is for the church to remember what a prayer of repentance is.
m7th

With the prayer of repentance in mind add this prayer to your reason for praying...

1 Jn 5:16,17 "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask , and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."

The prayer for repentance is more important than we know!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [glf] WHERE ARE THE BELIEVERS? In reply to
WITHOUT REPENTANCE THERE WILL BE NO REVIVAL!!!!!!!! THE SPIRIT OF GOD CAN MOVE ONLY IN THE SANCTIFIED AND HOLY VESSEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m7th--circle of revival

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Jan 21, 2012, 1:26 PM
Quote Reply
It is a sad but true awareness that we see, where people are given titles and positions when the Lord had nothing to do with it. I think this is where the Lord warned us when He spoke about FALSE TEACHERS AND PROPHETS culminating the church. Mankind has put too much emphasis on the church of thier understanding and not on the church that God reveals to His children. There is a difference here. The one thing that I bear in mind alot is this: All things done here in the Name of God are kept in the mind of God til the day of His calling. And those who have mislead others will stand before HIm; THE FINAL JUDGE. And, so, be careful and watch always for the coming of the Lord and His RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS. We must judge ourselves and make certian that we are in right standing with Him and His Word. Colossians 2:18 "Let no one keep *defrauding you of your prize by **delighting in self abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has never seen, ***inflated without cause by his ****fleshly mind."

* defrauding: giving judgement against you;
** delighting: self-made religion; self-abasement; and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.
*** inflated: becoming arrogant one towards another.
**** fleshly minded: Romans 8:7
Quote Reply
great and very helpful post.
http://rhapsody-of-realities.blogspot.com/