The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

THE TRUTH

Quote Reply
THE TRUTH
IF SOME PEOPLE ON THIS SITE COULD WRITE THE TRUTH FROM THE WORD OF GOD WE WOULD BE IN MUCH BETTER ORDER.
PRAIZE WAS INTENDED TO BE A CHRISTIAN SITE NOT A COMMUNITY DISCUSSION ON THE RIGHTS OF THE LGBT OR ANY OTHER NON-CHRISTIAN GROUPING.
ONE POST ABOUT THE TRIBULATION WITH THE HEADLINE ON IT CAME THE CLOSEST TO TRUTH OF ANYTHING WRITTEN BY THEM SO FAR.

IF THE WRITERS WERE TO PRINT BIBLICAL TRUTHS YOU WOULD KNOW A MAJORITY OF THE CHRISTIANS ARE IN A HALF- HEARTED ROMANCE WITH TRUTH THAT PLEASES THEM. THERE IS NO COMPROMISE IN THE BIBLE; IT IS LINE UPON LINE-- TRUTH ONLY.
AND WILL BRING A CHOICE TO THE WORLD. IT IS TIME TO STOP PRETENDING AND STAND ON THE TRUTH OF GOD, NOT AS YOU WISH IT WERE WRITIEN.

NOT A PROPHET
BUT WATCHMAN ON THE WALL.
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] THE TRUTH In reply to
Hello my friend.

What you say here is quite true in so many ways. On the other hand, there is no subject that you can mention that is not covered somewhere in Scripture. I am certain you are aware that homosexuality and related topics are spoken of by God as is the Christian and his/her relationship to the government. Sometimes those subjects have to be discussed.

I do agree with you when you say, IF THE WRITERS WERE TO PRINT BIBLICAL TRUTHS YOU WOULD KNOW A MAJORITY OF THE CHRISTIANS ARE IN A HALF- HEARTED ROMANCE WITH TRUTH THAT PLEASES THEM. THERE IS NO COMPROMISE IN THE BIBLE; IT IS LINE UPON LINE-- TRUTH ONLY.
AND WILL BRING A CHOICE TO THE WORLD. IT IS TIME TO STOP PRETENDING AND STAND ON THE TRUTH OF GOD, NOT AS YOU WISH IT WERE WRITIEN.

A major problem in the church today is that we have allowed reason, science and many other things to judge the truth of the Bible instead of accepting the Bible as God's final authority in both faith and practice. We need to change that (including here at Praize) and make Scripture first in our lives.

Thank you so much for this thread.

God bless you always,
Allen
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

It is good to see you writing again. Smile

I know you disapprove of some of my topics, but people who visit Praize live in the world and worldly events affect them in many ways. Sure they can take those concerns and worries and problems to God, but it is nice to know that others have concerns about them too and talking about these events helps everyone to consider them fully.

You voice is a very important one here and the readers are lucky to have you still posting.

Hugs and love to you, my friend.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] THE TRUTHGOD In reply to
JEANNE
I AM TO THE POINT THAT I AM ONLY GOING TO BE CONCERNED WITH TRUTH AND THIS POINT IN OUR TIME PERIOD IT IS ONLY FOUND IN GOD'S WORD. ANY ONE THAT FEELS TRUTH IS IN ANY OTHER MEDIUM IS REALLY IN SOME FORM OF DELUSION.

I AM NOT GOING TO REHEARSE MY EXPERIENCES WITH GOD AND IT'S STRANGE HE HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN..
GOD AND HIS WORD ARE THE ONLY RELIABLE SITUATION IN TOWN.
M7TH
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] THE TRUTHGOD In reply to
Hi Jim.

It is good that you are comfortable with finding your truth in your faith and do not need any other. I am sure that puts you at a deep peace with life and all its conditions.

I will keep my "delusional" opinion that we are capable of finding our own truths, which are often not so different from the truths of many of the world's religions and secular philosophies.

For me, there is nothing like conversation with others, who live with consideration in who they are, how they behave, what they think and what their future holds. I find strength in intelligent conversations with others and within my own mind's rambling thoughts, too. I find different avenues for finding my truths in my reading and listening. And...sometimes just being still and listening to what the universe is whispering to me.

To me this is no more "delusional" than gaining all your insight from a deity belief or the scripture and religion that supports that belief. In fact, the two may be much the same.

Stay strong and best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] THE TRUTHGOD In reply to
m7thprophet: Hi. Hope you are well.

I understand what you are trying to say to us here, but I think perhaps you are overstating the case about 'Truth' being exclusively confined only to the pages of The Bible. Clearly TRUTH is to be found all around us. Anything which conforms to reality is truth, by virtue of the fact that it conforms to 'Reality'. Whatever is Real is by definition 'True'.

It definitely does not come from The Bible but I invite you to reveal to us any 'untruth' you can find anywhere in this document. This is but one example of 'Truth' outside the pages of scripture.

Euclidean Geometry

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] THE TRUTHGOD In reply to
Oooh, I love Geometry!

But...not reading this whole site. Laugh

I like what you say, Chris, that Whatever is Real is by definition 'True'.

Perhaps "truth" is not the word to be used, perhaps "good" is. Evil is true, but not a thing to be wanted in ones life. The "truth of goodness" on the other hand IS a thing to be wanted in ones life.

I believe that one can find the "truth of goodness" in the Bible and hold to that through ones faith.

Others can find the "truth of goodness" in other resources, and I believe, within their own brains.

And...if the Truth is only found within the Bible, then all religions and sects would have to agree for it to be really and truly THE TRUTH. Christians can't even agree on this, let alone the other Abrahamic beliefs coming to agreement on it.

Good to see you, Chris.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [Allen4862] THE TRUTH In reply to
Hi Allen.

Good to see you, too.

I have tried to find passages in the Bible, wherein the functions of the human organs are discussed. I can't find them. I tried several times to find out about just one organ, such as the brain or the heart, but could not. I searched for how the Bible explains our ability to think with our brain ...and nothing.

Dinosaurs I can find if you stretch your imagination to accept that what is being written about are not simply large prehistoric beasts that lingered, as the comodo dragon, other once-large reptiles, and giant sloth, sabertooth, mastodon, large sea creatures, etc.

Internal organ function I just could not find.

You write:

<<A major problem in the church today is that we have allowed reason, science and many other things to judge the truth of the Bible instead of accepting the Bible as God's final authority in both faith and practice. >>

Well...here is the problem; Christians often allow the Bible to judge the truth of science and reason and refuse to acknowledge that there may be another category for modern truth. You can live your life that way, but to deny modern science and technology because it is not a "truth" of the Bible seems to me to be actually dangerous to some degree.

Does the Bible speak of computers, upon which so much of our lives depend?

One can debate the belief that blood transfusions are evil and dangerous and an abomination and there is merit there even from science and reason. Yet, most Christians will accept blood transfusions to save their lives or to make recovery easier on the body.

If you believe that God made human beings with a reasoning brain, why is so much of the truth in the Bible denying reasoning by that marvelous organ and why is it considered by some to be evil to use that organ?

If Scripture is first, then where does science and technology fit in? Are they a close second or not to be considered at all?

Your post has filled me with many questions.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne53: Hi

Perhaps "truth" is not the word to be used, perhaps "good" is. Evil is true, but not a thing to be wanted in ones life. The "truth of goodness" on the other hand IS a thing to be wanted in ones life

You may have a point here but 'Good' is in short supply in reality. Even Jesus Christ himself declared himself 'not good' and the "Truth" that we all have to die sometime is unpalatable but nonetheless 'True'.

My point was rather that 'Truth' is to be found everywhere around us, and we often deny its existence even when it stares us in the face. (Creationism is a primary example of this kind of 'Truth Blindness'). We tend to 'Believe what we want to believe', rather than what demonstrates itself as being 'The Truth'.

This is what happened to Jesus Christ himself when he declared himself to be 'The Truth'. Few of his contemporaries believed him, because they had fixed their minds on something which did not match his description, appearance or personality and temperament.

Creationists make the self same mistake. Their preconceptions render them incapable of discerning 'truth' beyond their own restricted definition.
Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jul 23, 2018, 5:06 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

That living creatures die sometime is not evil, even though it is not pleasant to think upon. Then again, very often when creatures, including human beings, come to a point in their living when they are tired, weary in brain and bone and flesh, death is awaited with pleasure; to lie down and sleep and forever leave the trials of civilization and maybe pain and heartache is not an unknown desire of even those who are not really ready to die.

We know that all living things die and it is our hubris that makes us want more time to live, that makes us think we are more than the other living things.

You write:

<<This is what happened to Jesus Christ himself when he declared himself to be 'The Truth'. Few of his contemporaries believed him, because they had fixed their minds on something which did not match his description, appearance or personality and temperament. >>

I think I understand what you mean. They were expecting the Savior to come with a sword...yes? Yet, I do not understand why he named himself to be The Truth. What did he mean by that? What was he trying to convey to those skeptical of his declaration?

How is "The Truth" different from the truth of the Bible that guides the lives of many Christians?

Do you know of any scripture in which the functions of the organs are explained? Or where computers are explained? I don't mean in philosophical or poetic terms, but actually explained.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
jeanne53: Hi.

That living creatures die sometime is not evil, even though it is not pleasant to think upon. We know that all living things die and it is our hubris that makes us want more time to live, that makes us think we are more than the other living things.

And surprisingly much of what Jesus Christ taught comes down to a critique of this basic human assumption.

I think I understand what you mean. They were expecting the Savior to come with a sword...yes? Yet, I do not understand why he named himself to be The Truth. What did he mean by that? What was he trying to convey to those skeptical of his declaration?

Oh Jeanne, you surely must know that to ask a theological question of that profundity, of a theologian like myself, is asking for a thesis on more than you really want to know. LaughAngelic

How is "The Truth" different from the truth of the Bible that guides the lives of many Christians?

"The Truth" is exactly what it has always been, "Reality itself", simply "What Is". Call it 'Fate', 'Reality', 'God', 'Space/Time', anything you like. It is that within which 'We live and move and have our being'.

At the fundamental level we humans call 'truth' it goes like this: "Whoever speaks the truth gives honest evidence, but a false witness utters deceit". Prov. 12:17.

That principle can be carried forward into every field of human relations as a yardstick by which to measure 'Truth'.

Do you know of any scripture in which the functions of the organs are explained? Or where computers are explained? I don't mean in philosophical or poetic terms, but actually explained.

No, I don't, and I'm sure I have never come across any explanations of the workings of the internal combustion engine in The Bible either, but we both know instinctively that we should not expect to find quadratic equations explained in a book on the life of Henry the VIII, so why expect the Bible to tell us everything we need to know about 'Truth'.

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him,I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” Jn.14:5-7.

This is the only place in the Bible that Jesus describes himself as, "The Truth." As is so often the case he was probably speaking metaphorically, not literally. As I said earlier Jesus' ministry contained a lot of teaching on the subject of how human beings view death. We have here Thomas asking a question, to which Jesus gives a metaphorical answer. Contained in that answer is his own attitude to his impending death, which is one of resignation and acceptance of "Reality", "What actually is or actually comes to pass", "Fate", "God", whatever. I believe He is saying that "Death itself" is the only way we can 'Come to the Father'. Buddhists have a similar concept I think. Jesus is saying a little more than this though, I think. My view is that He is also implying that "Death of Self" involves voluntary surrender to the principles of living that He himself taught. This is what he means by saying "If anyone keeps my sayings, they shall never see death." A disciple of Christ should see death as a thing of the past. A thing not to be feared for what what might lie beyond, but a thing to simply be endured because it is necessary, "If we are to see The Father".

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Jn.14:12.

To my theologically speculative view, the above means something like this:

The works that Jesus did can be summed up as 'He went about doing good', Acts.10:38. He defined 'Believing in Him' as 'Loving Him' and loving him as 'Keeping his commandments, i.e following his teachings', the primary one of which is "To Love One another". He has now passed beyond death and so has "Gone to the Father". What "Good we go about doing" will depend upon our view of reality and our determination to change it for the better. Think about that for a bit!

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” Jn. 8:31-32.

While we have a distorted view of reality because of ignorance, superstition and merely 'ritualistic religion', we are not free to 'Go about doing Good'. No research, no innovation, no progress, just stultifying morality based Pharisaical rule following. Our ability to change things for the better is limited by our outlook on life.

Once we are willing to seek "Truth" and, within an ethical frame, relentlessly pursue it to wherever it may lead us, (even to questioning our cherished religious dogmas if necessary), we will be FREED by the 'Truth", to act for the betterment of mankind.

Regards Chris
Quote Reply
"My point was rather that 'Truth' is to be found everywhere around us, and we often deny its existence even when it stares us in the face. (Creationism is a primary example of this kind of 'Truth Blindness'). We tend to 'Believe what we want to believe', rather than what demonstrates itself as being 'The Truth' ".

I agree with you here, Chris. I think each of us tends to make up our own truth. Prayerfully, in heaven it will all be explained to us (if we even care then). Here each of us can believe whatever we want to believe. . And we can spend a multitude of time trying to convince others that our belief is better than their belief and if they only believe our way good things will happen to them. I'm not sure this is a good thing.
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Jul 24, 2018, 8:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] THE TRUTHGOD In reply to
Sarah: Hi. Hope all is well with you and yours.

I agree with you here, Chris. I think each of us tends to make up our own truth. Prayerfully, in heaven it will all be explained to us (if we even care then). Here each of us can believe whatever we want to believe. And we can spend a multitude of time trying to convince others that our belief is better than their belief and if they only believe our way good things will happen to them. I'm not sure this is a good thing.

I'm well convinced that it is a waste of good time arguing about what can't be proved, one way or another. It is only productive if we are both trying to discover what is 'Real' and how that should inform our deeds toward each other. Beliefs that don't improve us and others are not worth having. That, to my mind, was what Jesus spent most of his 3 and a half year ministry teaching, so I doubt he thought it a waste of time, though he does seem to have been frustrated at times with those who simply would not listen but continued to ignore and oppose his teaching.

It is not so much that we tend to 'make up our own' "Truth". That is easily proved wrong by "Reality" breaking in and proving us wrong, as it so often does.

What is more the tendency is that we are reluctant to re-evaluate new information, even if it is patently true, if there is any possibility that the 'new, true', information may force us to adjust our carefully constructed internal view of "Reality". We often would rather deny an unpalatable 'Truth' than accept it and re-evaluate our attitudes TO that unpalatable 'Truth'.

By denying that "Truth" to be true, we get to keep our attitudes and think we are right. That was what was happening with the Pharisees. They saw Jesus as wrecking the entire structure of their belief system, whenever he called into question the basis of their beliefs and how, in reality, they practiced them.

This is true of every sphere of human activity. Religion, science, politics, you name it, it has those who are for or against new ideas or old ideas, but not stopping to consider whether they are 'True' ideas that they are for or against. They will doggedly defend them simply because they are 'Their ideas'.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jul 24, 2018, 9:24 AM
Quote Reply
GREETINGS IN THE LORD!!
THIS POST WAS STARTED BY ME AND I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT WHAT I HAVE SAID AND CONTINUE TO STAND ON HAS BEEN UNDER A CAREFUL SPOTLIGHT BY THE LORD SINCE THE PASSING OF DEB.
I LOOKED AT A CERTIFICATE THAT HER COMPANY GAVE HER THAT STATED SIMPLY THAT HER COMPANY WAS IN APPRECIATION FOR HER SERVICE AND THAT IN WORK SHE HAD MANAGED TO TOUCH THE WORLD IN THE FRUIT OF THAT LABOR.
DEB'S LIFE FOR MOST OF THE LAST TWO YEARS WAS DEVOTED TO SEEING THAT THE MEV VERSION OF THE BIBLE WAS COMPLETED THROUGH THE INFLUENCE AND DIRECTION OF THE LORD. TRULY IT WAS THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT LED THIS AND THE THOUSANDS THAT HAVE FOUND JESUS THROUGH THE INFLUENCE OF THIS WORD.
CAN ONE PERSON MAKE THIS MAKE THIS KIND OF A DIFFERENCE; ALL I CAN SAY IS YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES.
I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT PRAIZE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED TO DO AND AFTER MANY HOURS OF PRAYER I AM FIRMLY CONVINCED THAT MY ONLY DIRECTION IS IN THE LORD AND WHAT HE SAID WHEN HE SAID ---- I AM THE WAY ,THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE AND NO MAN CAN TRULY SAY COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME. HIS WORD IS ABOVE ALL IN HEAVEN OR EARTH. I KNOW ALL OF THIS BY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD DOCTORS TELL ME THAT I ONLY HAD A SHORT TIME AND THAT WAS YEARS AGO AND I CAN TRULY SAY THERE IS NOTHING BUT THE WORD.

IF AS CHRIS SAID AND I BELIEVE WE ARE EXPERIENCING THE OPENING OF THE TRIBULATION PERIOD; THE WORD OF GOD IS THE ONLY THROUGH THIS ANYTHING ELSE IS A MISTAKE.
I WILL BE WRITING MORE THIS IN THE COMING DAYS.
M7TH
THE WATCHMAN

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Jul 27, 2018, 11:24 AM