The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

IGNORING THE BIBLICAL TIME CLOCK

Quote Reply
IGNORING THE BIBLICAL TIME CLOCK

MIKE EVANS HAS CALLED IT WELL TIME AFTER TIME ABOUT THE CURRENT TIMES IN ISRAEL. STILL PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD DENY GOD AND THE REALITY OF WHAT IS OCCURING.. ONE OF THE COMMANDS FROM THE THRONE IS TO STAY IN PRAYER FOR THE PEACE OF ISRAEL.

WHERE DO WE STAND ?ARE WE TO BE WEIGHED IN THE BALANCES AND FOUND WANTING?

WHAT HOUR IN THE PROPHETIC TIME CLOCK IS STRIKKING?IS JESUS STANDING AT THE DOOR WAITING TO COME GET HIS PEOPLE
DEB ONE VERY PRECIOUS INDIVIDUAL IS THERE CELEBRATEING WITH MY FAMILY.
WHAT ABOUT YOU AND YOURS?

Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] IGNORING THE BIBLICAL TIME CLOCK In reply to
m7thprophet: Hi.

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”
Mk. 13:32-37.

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] IGNORING THE BIBLICAL TIME CLOCK In reply to
I DON'T HAVE ANY DISAGREEMENT WITH YOUR POST BUT WONDER HOW THE TIMING OF THE RETURN OF THE LORD WILL CONINCIDE WITH THE RAMPANT SIN IN THE GLOBE. THE BIBLE IS VERY PLAIN JUDGEMENT
MUST COME.
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi Jim.

I DON'T HAVE ANY DISAGREEMENT WITH YOUR POST BUT WONDER HOW THE TIMING OF THE RETURN OF THE LORD WILL CONINCIDE WITH THE RAMPANT SIN IN THE GLOBE. THE BIBLE IS VERY PLAIN JUDGEMENT
MUST COME.

Timing of the Lord's return is entirely at the behest of The Father. God knows best and His patience is legendary.

As to the LEVEL or QUANTITY or SERIOUSNESS of sin in the world, there is no scriptural reason to assume it will be any greater than when Jesus entered the world as a helpless babe. His life was immediately threatened by Herod's wickedness and the abuse of power in the world continues to threaten innocents. His death was finally ensured by the polititians, Religious leaders and a baying mob of their supporters. It still goes on today, nothing much has changed in that respect.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come
. Matt. 24:36.

It would seem that the example Jesus gave describing the state of affairs at that time indicates 'BUSINESS AS USUAL' in the terms that THE WORLD would understand.

Eating, drinking, getting laid, arranging weddings, giving births, grinding corn, digging, planting, reaping, buying and selling houses, trading stocks and bonds, waging war and repression, getting on with life generally, either righteously contributing to the good, welfare and happiness of society, or selfishly plundering it, increasing its share of human misery and poverty.

No one Knows what time it will happen. Least of all those who assume that wickedness must needs reach a hiatus or crescendo before Christ will return. The advice is just "Watch out, EVERYONE". It will happen when everyone 'LEAST EXPECTS' it.

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
I DISAGREE WITH TH FINAL TIMING OF CHRIST'S RETURN DEPENDS ON HOW SOON WE FINISH BRINGING SOULS TO THE CROSS
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi

I don't get the impression from reading what Christ said about it, that God's timing is dependent on our efforts at evangelism, apart from Jesus' observation that the Gospel will be preached to all the nations before the end comes. Matt.24:14; Mk.14:9.

Mind you, that project must be nearing completion in every nation that will allow it. There are plenty still though which remain difficult to reach because of human opposition to truth.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Hi Chris and Jim.

I would suppose that the concept of "preaching" has altered a bit since ancient times. Do you think that sites such as Praize reaching into every nation counts as preaching?

If the key phrase is "preaching to all nations" and not "bringing all souls to salvation" then the timeline is considerably shortened.

Opposition to a particular deity belief and religion is not the same as having experienced the preaching of the Gospel, but rejecting it.

All Christians can do is present and offer what they believe to be truth, as they are not a militant army anymore. Islamists have long filled that void in the world, much to the detriment of humanity.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] IGNORING THE BIBLICAL TIME CLOCK In reply to
THE THING ABOUT THE WORD PREACHING IS IT MEANS PROCLAIMING AND PROCLAIMING THE WORD OF THE LORD
WHEN THE WORD HAS REACHED THE GLOBE THE END WILL COME

ACCORDING TO ALL THE BIBLICAL SURVEY GROUPS IT HAS BEEN TAKEN TO THE WORLD

JUST SOME OUTLY PEOPLES ARE YET TO BE REACHED

M7TH
WATCHER
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

So it is not bringing all to salvation, but merely spreading the word? That is far different and may indeed be nearly accomplished.

The internet and smart phones have made the globe much smaller.
Quote Reply
TO OTHERWISE WOULD MEAN THAT GOD BECOMES A DICTATOR INSTEAD OF A LOVING GOD
Quote Reply
Hi Jeanne and Jim:

For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. Tit.1:7-9.

It would seem from this that there might be at least an element of 'convincing' that needs to go on as well as just "Giving it to them straight" and just leaving them to it.

In any event, how ever close we are to the end of the current world political system, (Which is what we are really envisaging, by the return of Christ to reign for another 1000 years before the end), it can't happen until the Jewish temple has been restored. Though I understand there are moves afoot to hasten the prospect of that happening. That is certainly going to cause some trouble, and no mistake about that.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
 CHRIS
CONVINCING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. WE HAVE THE OBLIGATION TO PROCLAIM THE WORD OF GOD AND THEN BY FAITH TO LEAVE IT WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT.
HE IS THE CONVINCER.
Quote Reply
Hi Chris and Jim.

Islamists are compelled to force submission to Allah upon nonbelievers and are directed to do so based upon the writings of Mohammed, who claims he was in direct communications with Allah.

The God of the New Testament relays no such order, does He? Presenting the truth as is related through faith, and in more modern times, scripture, then allowing the persons to choose whether to accept it or not falls in line with the insistence of believers that God gives humans Free Will.

Chris, do you think that "rebuilding the temple" is a metaphor or do Jews and Christians take that literally?

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jeanne

I think the Jews that are most eager to do it take it quite literally and Christians that have eschatological expectations take it quite literally too.

The God of the New Testament relays no such order, does He?

No, but we are encouraged to make an effort to convince people until we are made unwelcome, then to 'shake the dust off our feet and clear off post haste. Wink

I have never felt the need to shake dust off my size 9's when trying to convince you. I hope I never shall need to do 'dust shaking' on your doorstep. Laugh

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Sep 30, 2018, 12:58 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

<<No, but we are encouraged to make an effort to convince people until we are made unwelcome, then to 'shake the dust off our feet and clear off post haste.>>

Until you are made unwelcome?! That sounds rather ominous, especially when followed by shaking off dust and departing post haste.

How unwelcome are you making yourselves? I am reminded of a cartoon in which an alligator appears to be ringing a doorbell. The caption reads, "Thank God, it is only an alligator. I thought it was Jehovah's Witness."

Those folks are persistent. Even though word has been spread around local JWs that we who live down this long lane are atheists and one is a recovering Jehovah's Witness, they still appear on rare occasions. They take their calling religiously, one might say.

I have always treated them courteously, but I tell them the truth about my family and refuse their offerings of talk and pamphlets.

I know there are those...and not just atheists... whose behavior would necessitate the shaking of dust and post haste departure. I despise crude behavior.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
jeanne: Hi

I know there are those...and not just atheists... whose behavior would necessitate the shaking of dust and post haste departure. I despise crude behavior.

That is the kind of reaction I am thinking about, that would elicit dust shaking off of feet. We carry a message of reconciliation between God and mankind, not a criticism of other peoples views or behaviour. If we are unwelcome guests it is our responsibility to withdraw immediately and not give offense.

The shaking off of dust from ones feet is not so much intended to insult as to metaphorically demonstrate that we even shrug off any hard feelings that mightbe clinging to us and are prepared to move on without rancour or personal animosity.

Too much evangelism is carried out with an 'In Your Face' attitude. Probably because the 'evangelists' are themselves feeling embarrassed, so they come across a bit pushy.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Sep 30, 2018, 11:32 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

Truly, the JWs that have visited our farm in the past have not been pushy or unfriendly, except for two young men who felt it was absolutely wrong and dangerous for a woman to speak for a man's family and who implied this when the went further down the lane to my mother-in-law's house where my husband happened to be.

They did not get a friendly welcome there.

It has been my experience that women often get sent because they present a less threatening manner.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
jeanne: Hi

Women have better social skills generally than men anyhow, it's an evolutionary trait. Men spent much of their time creeping up on things, jumping on them and killing them for dinner. Conversation is distracting and destructive of hunting success for most men.

Women spent more of their time gathering fruit and nuts, making tribal alliances and getting a honed sense of, 'when things are not right with others', particularly 'not right with their own and others children'. Much more intuitive and generally more insightful.

We should all stick mostly to what we are good at. Laugh

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Oct 1, 2018, 8:50 AM
Quote Reply
Ha! I knew it! You are one of those White Cis-Gendered Males, aren't you? Laugh And a WASP!

What archaic notions you have of the roles of women and men...

So sorry Jim. We have hijacked your serious topic.

Well...I certainly needed a light-hearted moment. I hope all humor hasn't fled this site, yet.

But...it appears that all of us agree that the notion of getting the word out about Jesus and God and Salvation is nearly done and that lends itself to the belief that we are into a beginning of the time of a second coming of Christ.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne: Hi

Could be. But God is notoriously patient. We might have to wait a bit longer

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Oct 1, 2018, 1:08 PM
Quote Reply
Ah...

For an atheist, that idea is encapsulated within my quote.