The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICE

Quote Reply
THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICE
JESUS WENT TO THE CROSS FOR A REASON AND THAT WAS TO PAY A PRICE FOR US TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOSE BETWEEN A LIFE IN HELL SERVING SATAN OR IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD SERVING THE LORD.
THE DEGREE OF ATROCITIES THAT ARE INFLICTED IN THE VICTIMS USING THE MOST UNGODLY FORM OF TORTURE THAT COULD BE IMAGINED. WHY? BECAUSE THE VICTIMS REFUSE TO DISAVOW JESUS AS THEIR LORD!! THE LORDSHIP AND REALITY OF JESUS AS LORD OF THIS WORLD IS THE SECRET TO THE CONFLICT ACROSS THE GLOBE.

THE PLANS OF THIS CONFLICT ARE VERY CAREFULLY LAID OUT IN SCRIPTURE AND HAVE BEEN METICULOUSLY FULFILLED. IF THIS BE TRUE WHY SHOULD THE REST OF PROPHECY NOT COME TO PASS.THIS WORLD IS THE AND SOON WE WILL SEE HIM BEND HIS KNEE AND PROCLAIM JESUS LORD.
EVERY SICKNESS, EVERY HEARTACHE OR ANY PROBLEM THAT WE FACE CAN BE ORIGINATED IN HELL.
EVERY VICTORY OVER THESE ATTACKS COMES IN ACKNOWLEDGING THE JESUS AS LORD... YOU SEE, REGARDLESS IT WILL COME DOWN TO PROCLAIMING JESUS AS LORD OF ALL OR ETERNITY IN HELL.

THERE IS NO DISCUSSION NEEDED BETWEEN US BUT JUST A CHOICE AFFIRMING THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Mar 6, 2018, 3:57 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICE In reply to
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we actually accepted the fact NOW that Jesus is LORD and that ALL diseases must come under His blood and be eliminated by the power of the Name! We know that it is true! Lord Jesus, give us more boldness and power in the use of Your Word!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Jim and Sarah, I guess the combination of your statements truly sets the complete tone for Praize now and for the future of this site.

With few exceptions, Praize forums seem to be turning into a giant blog for Jim. All discussion is shut down one way or another and the few members who are willing to discuss topics rarely do anymore.

I could present some discussion about your theories, but why bother? You and those who believe just as you do, don't care to think of anything that challenges your truths, which are accorded to your particular sect of Christianity.

I should just leave it all be. "This Whole Thing Is About Choice" indeed.

I hope you leave this post, just as a reminder of what has happened to the forums.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICE In reply to
I don't know what you mean, Jeanne. Nothing has happened to Forums. They are as they have always been... people believing that Jesus is Lord and that what the Bible says is true. Have you ever read the Bible, Jeanne? You are a well-read person. If you have not read the Bible, you have missed out on the greatest book ever written.
And if you HAVE read it, I challenge you to read it again, knowing what you now know through what your friends believe. I DO, I challenge you to read the Bible, from beginning to end... and then come back and challenge us with what you learn. There is much in there to be discussed. And I challenge you to discuss the Bible with us.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICEPICK UP THE M In reply to
SUPPOSE SARAH YOU WERE TO PICK UP THE MORNING PAPER AND THERE YOU SAW A HEADLINE ABOUT A PRAIZE SERVICE YOU LED AND YOU DID NOTHING MORE THAN RELEASE THE WORDS OF PRAIZE TO THE LORD.

DOESN'T THE BIBLE SAY THAT HIS WORD ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE, WELL THAT SPIRIT AND LIFE TOOK ROOT IN THE SOIL OF THE HEARTS YOU PLANTED THEM IN AND BEGAN TO BRING FRUIT.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A CATASTROPHIC SITUATION? JUST ONE WORD FROM THE THE Lord!!!!

I REALIZED HOW TIRED MY BODY WAS COULD IT BE THAT, THIS MORNING, IT WAS ONLY HOW MUCH I LONGED TO BE WITH JESUS AND REALIZED SUDDENLY IT WASN'T JUST DEB THAT I WANTED IT WAS JESUS AND ALL THAT HEAVEN AFFORDS.
HEAVEN IS WORTH IT!!!! I READ ABOUT PEOPLE ON THE FIELD OF MISSIONS WHO WERE TORTURED TO DEATH AND REFUSING TO DENOUNCE THE LORD AND WONDERED IF I am THAT ???
Quote Reply
Hi, Jeanne, I think there has been a misunderstanding. Praize has NEVER been about "choice". Jesus is not a "choice". He is salvation. He is the one and only way to avoid eternal life in Hell.

I just lost the first post I wrote on it. I don't know WHY that happens. Perhaps because there is a spiritual source out there that doesn't want people to know that Jesus is THE way!

If Praize seems to be a giant blog for Jim (m7thProphet), it is because his thoughts and beliefs line up with what Praize believes. I would say it is more that Jim is agreeing with Praize rather than Praize agreeing with him.

You are right that we don't care about other theories. You see, we have seen all the opposition and we know where it all leads... to a place we have been and don't ever want to go to again!

I am 81 years old, Jeanne. Where I spend eternity is very important to me as it wont be long until I will be going there. You bet, I want to know where I am going and that it is the place I want to be! I have moved a lot in my life and where I live is very important to me. I just want the people that come to Praize to be sure that when it is there time to go that they choose the best option!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICE In reply to
Hi Sarah.

Well...I was just going to let this topic fade away, even after I had written several different replies, which I never posted. Maybe your recent post is God encouraging you to entertain opposing viewpoints merely for the option to engage in the reasoning that different viewpoints present to modern humans.

Here is the post I settled upon last week, but never posted because I decided to just let it go:

<<Hi Sarah.

I have read most of the Bible, some select modern translations on the NT and books about the Bible. It is your opinion that it is the best book ever written.

My friends and family and acquaintances believe all sorts of things, Sarah, but that doesn't mean I agree with all or any of their notions, just because they are my friends.

I will often read verses of the Bible that are necessary to debate, but I am not interested in doing more than that. You shouldn't be expected to take up the Koran if a Muslim challenged you to do so. I wouldn't expect you to read "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" or "The God Delusion" if I challenged you to do so. Those are specific debates entered into by those who are truly interested and it is okay that not everyone is interested in that sort of challenge.

The atmosphere surrounding the forums has changed greatly and they are not as they have always been. That has been your choice, as is your right as owner and manager. Lately it has been frowned upon to discuss any subject in any manner that moves away from the beliefs expressed in the first two posts in this topic. In truth, many posts are just sort of blogs; James, Craig, Jim do not seek any replies and I don't often get any replies, although I am writing to start discussion.

Dissenting positions are shut down and/or the writers subject to questions and comments concerning their character or reason for posting anything against certain positions. Maybe that is part of why nobody much posts in them anymore.

I am truly sorry that Dovegiven left Praize. He was a good person and full of knowledge and interested in discussion, but he thought that my presence defeated his purpose here and, I suppose, the purpose of Praize in general and was threatened by that, I guess. Or..he at least did not want to waste his time if I continued to counter his mission, which was to only present a one-sided viewpoint of Biblical belief and of being good in general.

I have always been here to present atheism as merely what it is, no deity belief, and to present myself as an ethical atheist and then to challenge all readers and forum contributors to think outside of their religious box, sometimes to find what we all have in common as civil and intelligent human beings. In my opinion, dissenting viewpoints makes for more interesting discussion ....and for more of a chance to learn about those who have those viewpoints and with whom we share this world.

I know there are only a few of us who contribute and we are each busy and none of us is getting any younger and we each are firmly set in our beliefs and opinions...and that makes for short discussions because we know each other so well. But...if there is not allowed to be any differing of opinion or topics broached that are contrary to the opinions established by the first two posts of this topic, then discussion and debate is very limited, even in Apologetics Debate. And...frankly, if we are not allowed to offer information not found on Praize to foster interest in topics outside a very limited range of belief, that also makes debate and discussion very limited. I believe we can discuss topics in secular terms and not always reduce the solution to "we just need more Jesus."

I have written and rewritten this post several times, trying to express myself and not to offend you or Jim.>>

Thus ends my week-old post.

Now...the "choice" is to post on Praize or not to post, to offer up differing viewpoints to not bother, to be a part of civil and intelligent debate or to let a few here set the "tone" as to what is and is not appropriate for the forums.

When you write of your opinion: "You are right that we don't care about other theories. You see, we have seen all the opposition and we know where it all leads... to a place we have been and don't ever want to go to again " you are writing me off as an evil person who is being used by Satan to work against Christians, to work against you.

You want people who visit to fall lock step into your version of Christian belief and never entertain anything else. I want people to think about their choices and to learn about those people who think and believe differently. I want people to think about how all of humanity can solve the problems of our shared planet. I want people to consider that there are many ways to live as good human beings and there are many ways to communicate other than through a mind set on only deity belief.

I want this because there are many deity beliefs, many civilizations, many religious sects...but only one home for humanity. What people do in their religious personas only impacts me when their faith causes evil to be done. What they believe will happen to them when they die does not impact me at all. When we each believe something different that negatively affects the lives of others, then we have to agree to finds solutions that are beyond our different deity beliefs, beyond our personal beliefs and faiths and religious dogmas and holy scriptures.

Humanity is never going to be all one deity belief following one religion and one holy scripture, but we do need desperately to follow one path of reason when it comes to discussion concerning what impacts us all.

Praize used to be a vibrant place for discussion and debate and I know that FaceBook ruined this site, just as it ruined many others...but shutting down discussion and limiting debate and information is not going to help gain any of its former vibrancy back. We may only have the few of us involved anymore and we, who start topics and reply to posts need to consider what might interest younger readers and those who have differing viewpoints.

It is difficult, I know, to look critically at what is dear to your heart, which is why I made my first reply to this topic, because I don't think you have been looking critically lately.

I start topics and attempt to continue topics, because I want to help Praize keep readers and hopefully gain new members and to encourage members to join the discussions.

This is a long post.

I hope you will accept it knowing that I have for many, many years considered Praize to be the place I go to for all sorts of interaction and that I consider those, whom I discuss topics with, to be my friends. I did not come here looking to find God. I most likely will never become a religious person of any deity belief...but I have always been me. I know you each have had hope that I would change, but the chance of that is highly improbable...yet, I appreciate your hoping.

I write this with sincerity and respect of my friends and with grateful acknowledgement of your "choice" to keep this site up and running.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hello my friend.

Fulfilled prophecy is a major proof of the inspiration of the Bible. It has been noted that at the time it was written, some 40 % of Scripture was prophetic. One good example are the words of Psalm 22:1, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Those were the words of David and was written a thousand years before the crucifixion of Christ. Jesus called out those exact words on the cross as recorded in Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34. This is a Messianic Psalm proving that Jesus was the promised Messiah. It goes on to describe the details of he crucifixion. Note the Following:

"all those that see me mock me" (Psalm 22:7)

"all of my bones are pulled out of joint" (Psalm 22:14)

"a company of evildoers encircle me" (Psalm 22:16)

"I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me" (Psalm 22:17)

"they have pierced my hands and my feet" (Psalm 22:16)

"they divided my garments among them, and for my raiment they cast lots" (Psalm 22:18)

If just the prophecy of the 22nd Psalm's prediction of "there would be gambling for the Messiah's clothes" was fulfilled in the Jesus crucifixion story, it would be a very rare thing to happen. But combine that with the 22nd Psalms additional prediction in verse 22:16/17 about the coming Messiah stating that "they have pierced my hands and my feet". That could only refer to the wounds of crucifixion. And it was predicted a thousand years before the process of crucifixion was even invented. The Jesus crucifixion story is the exact fulfillment of all the predictions of the 22nd Psalm a thousand years after the prophetic psalm was written. And the exact matching and corresponding details of the crucifixion are written of by all four authors of the four gospels of the new testament.

In the Gospel of John at 19:23-24: "Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece. 24 So they said to one another, Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, to decide whose it shall be".

In the Gospel of Matthew 27:35: "And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments among themselves by casting lots"

In the Gospel of Luke it is recorded at Luke 23:34: "But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. And then they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves".

In the Gospel of Mark 15:24: "And they crucified Him, and divided up His garments among themselves, casting lots for them to decide what each man should take".

The exact fulfillment of all of the prophecies of the 22nd Psalm are impossible to fake. They were predicted and documented in the 22nd Psalm a thousand years before they actually took place. Does any other person but Jesus who so accurately fulfills those predictions? No. Are there any other books which contain prophetic statements so accurately fulfilled. Again the answer is no!!!

Jesus is the Messiah and the Bible is definitely the Word of the living God of creation.

Blessings to you,
Allen

'
Quote Reply
Hello Jeanne,

I hope all is well with you and yours.
I have a story to tell you about my experience in the forums at school. I learned many things that I believe pertain to your post here.

First, I want you to know that I don't completely agree with either Jim or Sarah on a lot of things. One example is Sarah's view that Jesus will heal all diseases that we pray to be healed.

The Apostle Paul spoke of a thorn in his flesh in 2 Corinthians 12 verses 7-10 and said,

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (The Cambridge Paragraph Bible: of the Authorized English Version. (1873). (2 Co 12:7–9). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.)

in all likelihood The use of the passive verb indicates that Paul considered God to be responsible for the thorn because it was ultimately used for good.

Some of the more popular theories of the thorn’s interpretation include temptation, a chronic eye problem, malaria, migraines, epilepsy, and a speech disability. No one can say for sure what Paul’s thorn in the flesh was, but it was a source of real pain in the apostle’s life.

Most of the resarch I have don says it was an eye problem possibly even an oozing puss of some kind. Nte, howver, that he accepted it as a gift from God and had prayed 3 times for healing. This was denied because Crist told him, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." The result was that Paul stated, "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me"

Truthfully, There are times when God uses our illnesses to demonstrate His grace and power through our illness. On those occasions, He refuses to heal us.

You said, I guess the combination of your statements truly sets the complete tone for Praize now and for the future of this site.

Perhaps that is where the forums are now but, that can be changed. We need to encourage the other members here to participate and choose subjects they are interested in. It is p t us to build the forums into what they are intended to be. How many people on your buddy list don't participate? Send them a message asking them what subjects they are interested in. I am also certain that you have friends or family you can invite to join the site and I personally would welcome the opportunity to speak to them and learn from them.

Now, about the schools I attended (Grand Canyon University, Liberty University and some others including 2 free schools online now. All had forums and we were required to participate in them. I found students from different denominations and different views than mine of what Scriptures teaches. I learned to evaluate their position\n and to either offer reasons for our disagreements or, in some cases change my view to agree with theirs. It was a learning process. Patience is one of the most important things I learned.

I could present some discussion about your theories, but why bother? You and those who believe just as you do, don't care to think of anything that challenges your truths, which are accorded to your particular sect of Christianity.

Why bother? Simply to keep the discussions going, attract the attention of other members and see what happens from there. Yu always say, "The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient." Let's reword that for once. We can say, "The members are slow to participate , but Jeanne is patient." What do you think?

Blessings (good vibes) to you,
Allen
Quote Reply
Re: [ASCombs2662] THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICE In reply to
Hi Allen.

I think I may be a thorn in Sarah's side. Praize will be what Sarah wants it to be and if what she wants it to be aligns with her faith in God's Will, then that is the way it should be.

Throughout the years, every place I join into discussion, I have invited people here for civil and intelligent debate. It is not a thing that any of my family does. My one friend is a devout Christian and she has nothing to do with computers or the internet or smart phones,

I remember when Tony (Dionysus) invited me here. The atheists with whom I have debated in recent years are not such that I would bring them here, although I asked one and he declined after visiting Praize and thought me nuts to stay here. In actuality, I no longer visit the atheist site, because EVERYTHING became political and if one did not toe the Liberal Atheist line, then one was considered an idiot.

I don't know why other members here won't participate in the forums and bring their opinions and viewpoints and knowledge and questions and concerns to the group for discussion or debate.

Keeping the discussion going is what I have been doing...or trying to keep it going. There are several articles, which I would like to bring to discussion, but providing a synopsis is time consuming when an URL and a few bits of it would work better to garner interest...and that is against the rules, frowned upon, etc. Nobody wants to discuss anything and I don't have time to both read and rewrite in order to provide current event news or human interest stories and the replies always come back to "the world needs Jesus."

Oh what a whiner I am... Tsk, tsk. Maybe there is nothing to discuss. Maybe it is better to not know or not to think too much on world events and better to just pray. Maybe we know each other so well that discussion is irrelevant.

But...if a vibrant forum indicates a vibrant website, then trying to keep the discussion going is a good thing. And...Facebook is being abandoned by the younger folks, but unfortunately they are not going to debate forums or sites of real information, but to Instagram and Snapchat and Twitter. I don't know that they want to think either.

You write that you are in touch with online schools and Liberty University; invite people who are interested in learning and discussing topics of interest to Praize.

Thanks for replying to my highjacking of Jim's OP. I am sorry Jim, but I see that you have transported your OP to your blog. Keep on thinking and praying and making your viewpoints available to all who read here, Jim.

Hugs.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

About my highjacking of your OP...

I am sorry Jim, but I see that you have transported your OP to your blog. Keep on thinking and praying and making your viewpoints available to all who read here, Jim.

Hugs.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Allen.

Concerning prophecy:

It can be considered two ways; that an ancient prophet had visions, dreams, thoughts concerning future events and then those prophecies came to pass. Or...an ancient prophet had visions, dreams, thoughts concerning future events, which so inspired people through the ages that powerful figures who could influence current peoples created a scenario wherein the ancient prophecies were enacted so the people would believe they had been fulfilled.

The storyline was created and the situations manipulated to make it a reality, either by staging live events or rearranging truth and facts...or using both tactics. The result was that corporal power was gained by a few over many.

Considering current events along with historical facts and predicting a possible outcome is far different from prophecy. The first I will consider as relevant, but the last can be whatever one is looking for in the way of truth that seems to comply with ones faith.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT CHOICE In reply to
Hello Sarah,

At 69, I often praise God for my salvation and the knowledge that it won't be long before I am with the Lord. My body is wearing out as I grow older. I have 11 medications I take daily to keep going. Some I take twice each day.

I am sure Jim agrees with Praise and his forum posts are intended to spread the Gospel and to open the door for an honest discussion of the subject and the Bible. I've never looked at his blog but, it is not the forums. They are for everyone to participate in. We just need to challenge them to do so. Your challenge to Jeanne is a perfect example.

God bless you,
Allen
Quote Reply
Jeanne, I want you to know that I am proud to claim you as my friend. Our discussions are always interesting and I have learned a lot from them. They challenge me to study harder and to look for answers to questions I would never have thought of otherwise. Never give up and always know that you are loved and very much respected here at Praize.

Blessings to you and yours,
Allen

P.S.
I am curious about the answer to Sarah's challenge, Have you ever read the Bible through completely? There are some exvellent guides available for you to use if you would like one.
Quote Reply
Hello Jim,

Your post confuses me somewhat. You say,

It can be considered two ways; that an ancient prophet had visions, dreams, thoughts concerning future events and then those prophecies came to pass. Or...an ancient prophet had visions, dreams, thoughts concerning future events, which so inspired people through the ages that powerful figures who could influence current peoples created a scenario wherein the ancient prophecies were enacted so the people would believe they had been fulfilled.

Then you add

Considering current events along with historical facts and predicting a possible outcome is far different from prophecy. The first I will consider as relevant, but the last can be whatever one is looking for in the way of truth that seems to comply with ones faith

The simple truth is that the Bible is either the Word of God and an accurate record of His revelation of Himself as He works in human history or it is a book full of lies and worthy of being thrown into the trash bin for the garbage truck to take away to the dump. Which is it my friend? I personally am convinced that it is the inerrant Word of God and that the King James Version is translation for us today. The prophetical portions are exactly what they claim to be. They are predictions that will be fulfilled when the appropriate time has come and only a liberal non-believer will hold that people manipulated events so that the people would believe they had been fulfilled,

With that said, I'll wait for your response.

God bless you,
Allen
Quote Reply
Hi Allen.

That was my reply to your post. Jim is blogging and my reply was definitely of the atheistic type of thinking, which should not be here in Gen Top.

Want to move it over to Atheist Debate or maybe Christian Debate?

I have not read the Bible in its entirety, nor have I read any other holy scripture entirely. I have, probably read more of the Bible than many Christians.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Allen...I appreciate your comments. I have often been reminded of how I am considered a friend and a member of Praize who is worthy and I am grateful of your, Sarah's, Jim's and Chris's regard for me.

Thank you.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
You are likely quite right about reading the Bible. Many Christians have theirs on a shelf gathering dust. The sad part is that t takes about 3 chapters per day to read it completely in a year. Lately, I have been reading it twice a year.
Unless Sarah wants to move the thread, I say leave it here and let's continue the discussion. There is plenty of room for it and I know how to find it easily.

Blessings to you,
Allen
Quote Reply
Allen, I have piecemealed a new topic in Atheist Debate about Considering Prophecy and it is here:

http://www.praize.com/forums/Apologetics_C2/Atheist_Debate_F137/Considering_Prophecy..._P125758/

-Jeanne