The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Home » Forum » General » Clubs

Rebellion Against God

Quote Reply
Rebellion Against God
A passage we just reviewed, Revelation 9:20-21, lists the top seven sins of the Tribulation.

1. Rebellion against God (they did not repent )
2. Worship of demons
3. Idolatry
4. Murders
5. Sorceries (drugs).
6. Sexual Immortality
7. Thefts

It is interesting to compare this list with the one given by the apostle Paul in Colossians 3:5-6, which mentions sexual immortality , impurity ,lust , evil desires and greed , which is idolatry. Paul then reminds his readers, Because of these ,the wrath of God is coming .
Is it ever.
We contend that even though these seven sins of the Tribulation will become rampant after the church has being rapture, already they are among the most dominant sins of our society .

To be continued ,
Quote Reply
Re: [newwine2550] Rebellion Against God In reply to
Worship Of Demons

Twenty years ago Satan worship was scarcely heard of; today it isIs mpant. Satan worshippers are frequently on the evening news because of some satanic ritual that killed or maimed someone. Witchcraft, too, is becoming rampant , even respectable. A recent photo in U.S.A. Today pictured seven hundred witches dressed in black and wielding brooms, sweeping now the Matterhorn in Switzerland. Add to that astrology, psychic readings,and other occult practices that s
Quote Reply
Re: [newwine2550] Rebellion Against God In reply to
newwine2550: Hi.

A passage we just reviewed, Revelation 9:20-21, lists the top seven sins of the Tribulation.

1. Rebellion against God (they did not repent )
2. Worship of demons
3. Idolatry
4. Murders
5. Sorceries (drugs).
6. Sexual Immortality
7. Thefts

It is interesting to compare this list with the one given by the apostle Paul in Colossians 3:5-6, which mentions sexual immortality, . . . .

I think you actually mean sexual immorality; your speelinge checkkre is perhaps to blame. Sexual immortality would be very nice, unfortunately we have it on good authority that there is no marriage in heaven, so presumably no ‘sexual immortality either.

The rest of your list looks as if it fits any generation you care to mention though, the present one included.

Twenty years ago Satan worship was scarcely heard of; today it is rampant. Satan worshipers are frequently on the evening news because of some satanic ritual that killed or maimed someone. Witchcraft, too, is becoming rampant, even respectable.

There are some people that, through their research, have reached the conclusion that a great deal of what is labelled ‘Satan worship’, is none other than unconscious outpourings of frustrated sexual repression. In Freud’s opinion, an often unacknowledged part of all of us. The unconscious element being the most significant factor, working as a kind of malign counter-ego to the conscious, rather as the Devil traditionally is a perverted and distorted reflection of God. (A dualistic opposite).

Witch hunts and witches tended historically to break out in sexually repressed and overly ‘religiously pious’ communities. There was plenty of them, so witchcraft and ‘Satan worship’ has always gone on, but usually as an excuse and a deluded justification for forbidden practices and sexual immorality.

None of the supposed recent upsurge in ‘Satanic ritual abuse’ however goes anyway to proving the existence of Satan as a tangible entity. It does however seem to indicate that the USA seems to be experiencing a rebellious backlash from repressed elements in its unusually religious heartlands. The fact is that there are numbers of young people in the USA who will use any excuse or try any way to shock and oppose the status quo, (at the moment one might hope that the status quo is stability and decency). It is hardy surprising then that the natural ‘rebelliousness’ in some particularly alienated youth expresses itself in acts which are calculated to shock and appall normal, decent people. I doubt that the so termed 'Satan worshippers' even ‘believe’ in the existence of ‘Satan’, but are attracted to the subversive and anti social extravagances of anything in opposition to normal society. ‘Heavy metal’ rock bands and loud and aggressive expressions of hatred and violence may be seen as an imagined ‘release’ and a 'two fingers up' to normality, from a ‘normal’ and rather boring, (as they see it), existence.

By the time young people reach this stage of ‘rebellion’ there is little the Church can do for them. They will either ‘grow out’ of it or they will ‘grow further into’ it.

Meanwhile the Church will just have to stand by like a ‘first aid man’ at a stock car race, waiting to see if anyone is willing to be ‘put back together’ after their self destructive spree on ‘sex and drugs and rock and roll, plus whatever other excesses they may have indulged in’.

I sense the church will need to learn a lot more about the ministry of 'deliverance'.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Rebellion Against God In reply to
Hello Chris and NewWine.

I can't remember the last time I heard or saw anything about Satan worship on tv, radio, newspapers, magazines, gossip rags or blogs. Just not there. While some ethnic religions may "seem" to us to be scary and about Satan, the adherents claim otherwise.

Pooh on the heavy metal; it is just for show. If you want a genre that is more about sin, look to House or Trance in clubs where the lights are strobe and the Ecstasy is easy to come by. Except I really like House/Trance music in moderate doses and not so loud that you can't chat. It's great for speed house cleaning…but so is Queen. Smile

Any person who is disconnected from the reality of adult life is most likely going to live in excess and that includes free-loading college students, who have no concern for their present or future.

We are so far removed from the Greatest Generation that most people under 40 have no idea what a responsible adult life is anymore, nor do they have any idea of what constitutes decent parenting nor how important stable family life is.

I think you are correct, Chris, we will either "grow out" of this malaise of living or be lost to it for generations to come. Just hope Western Civilization is still around when there are responsible adults to help it thrive again. One thing you must give an Islamic Caliphate…its citizens toe the line.

Sorry if I wandered a bit afield with my post. Where are we? Oh…Clubs. I need to check before I post, I guess.

-Jeanne

p.s. You do know that Wicca has nothing to so with Satan, don't you? And…don't come back and say it does, because it does not, period. No more than any other "religion" has to do with Satan. Where there is Sin...
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."