Skip to Content

Home » Forum » General » Clubs

Questions&Answers

Quote Reply
Questions&Answers
See how, many you can answer.

Thieving Types.
1. Who stole idols from her father ?
2. What robber was released from prison at the time of the Passover?
3. According to Malachi, what were the people of Judea stealing from God ?
4. Who was stoned for stealing booty during the battle for Ai?
5. Which epistles say that the day of the Lord will come like a thief ?
6.What discple stole from the treasury ?

Will post answers in two hours.
Quote Reply
Re: [newwine2550] Questions&Answers In reply to
Hi newwine2550:

Good quiz. Really tested the knowledge and the search engine.

Now Laban had gone to shear his sheep, and Rachel stole her father’s household gods. Gen. 31:19

So he released Barabbas for them; and after flogging Jesus, he handed him over to be crucified. Math. 27:26.

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing. Mal. 3:10

Then Joshua and all Israel with him took Achan son of Zerah, with the silver, the mantle, and the bar of gold, with his sons and daughters, with his oxen, donkeys, and sheep, and his tent and all that he had; and they brought them up to the Valley of Achor. Joshua said, “Why did you bring trouble on us? The Lord is bringing trouble on you today.” And all Israel stoned him to death; Josh.7:21.

For you yourselves know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians. 5:2.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and everything that is done on it will be disclosed. 2 Peter. 3:10.

Remember then what you received and heard; obey it, and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you. Rev.3:3.

(“See, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and is clothed, not going about naked and exposed to shame.”). Rev.16:15.

Revelation can be considered an 'Epistle' because it was written and addressed as a 'letter' to seven churches.

But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (the one who was about to betray him), said, “Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and the money given to the poor?” (He said this not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief; he kept the common purse and used to steal what was put into it. John 12:3.

(Judas was paid from the treasury to deliver Jesus, he threw the money back but the priests would not return it because it had become 'blood money'. Math 27:6.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Nov 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
Quote Reply
1. Rachel -Genesis 31:19
2. Barabbas-John18:40
3. The tithes they owed-Malachi 3:8
4. Achan--Joshua 7:10-026
5. 1 Thessalonians 5:2--and 2 Peter 3:10
6. Judas Iscariot -John 12:4-6

God bless
Quote Reply
I love the idea of a Biblical quiz!
How about we post here other questions and see who can answer?

Let's give it a try:

In the Old Testament there are examples of love between man and a woman but only once the Bible mentions a woman, who truly loved a man. Do you know the name of this woman?

Good luck :)

Olivia

Last edited by:

Olivia1999: Jun 28, 2016, 2:10 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Olivia1999] Questions&Answers In reply to
Olivia1999: Hi.

Saul's daughter Michal loved David. 1 Sam 18:20. The Bible says this of Michal, that she loved David.

A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts. Song. 1:13.

But I’d say that one could not find a more overt expression of the love of a woman for a man than whomever made this statement about her adoration for her beloved. (It is thought by many theologians to be a metaphorical reference to the love of the 'redeemed' for their 'savior').

My beloved speaks and says to me:
"Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away;
for lo, the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth,
the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove
is heard in our land
. Song 2:10-12.

And so it goes on. Pretty passionate stuff.

Upon my bed by night
I sought him whom my soul loves;
I sought him, but found him not;
I called him, but he gave no answer
. Song 3:1.

I had put off my garment,
how could I put it on?
I had bathed my feet,
how could I soil them?
My beloved put his hand to the latch,
and my heart was thrilled within me.
I arose to open to my beloved,
and my hands dripped with myrrh,
my fingers with liquid myrrh,
upon the handles of the bolt.
I opened to my beloved
. Song 5:2-6.

Anyone who has no understanding of metaphorical meanings is lacking an awful lot of Biblical knowledge, I think.

I'm not surprised Song of Songs drives straight laced Puritans up the wall. ShockedLaughBlush

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: [Olivia1999] Questions&Answers In reply to
Welcome, Olivia,
I think you will find it pretty difficult to find questions that these folks cannot answer. Most of us are "old" in the faith! But keep asking! It is good to have you here.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Questions&Answers In reply to
NOT REALLY CHRIS THE SONG IS ONE OF THE GREATEST MARRIAGE COUNSELING TOOLS WRITTEN OUT SIDE OF PRAYING TOGETHER
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] Questions&Answers In reply to
m7thprophet: Hi.

NOT REALLY CHRIS THE SONG IS ONE OF THE GREATEST MARRIAGE COUNSELING TOOLS WRITTEN OUT SIDE OF PRAYING TOGETHER

I don't doubt that it is useful in marriage preparation classes and counseling but try as you may you will not find a single word in it about 'marriage'. It is entirely about 'love' and physical / spiritual attraction between a man and a woman. Metaphorically it has long been regarded as illustrative of the relationship betwixt Christ and the church.

I had put off my garment,
how could I put it on?
I had bathed my feet,
how could I soil them?
My beloved put his hand to the latch,
and my heart was thrilled within me.
I arose to open to my beloved,
and my hands dripped with myrrh,
my fingers with liquid myrrh,
upon the handles of the bolt.
I opened to my beloved
. Song 5:2-6.

Those whom I love, I reprove and chasten; so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. Rev.3:19-20.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 29, 2016, 2:08 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Questions&Answers In reply to
Chris first a question; How much time have you spent in counseling people in marriage conflict? I first began over thirty years ago in working with marriage problems. My first directions came through the life and work of Gary Smalley who is with the Lord now. I was desperate to find out where I was failing in my first marriage.
My basic problem was that I was brought up in a family routed in the deep southern U.S. One major problem was the code that most of these families lived by, and it was that the husband was Lord of the manor and an extension of the right hand of God. Little understanding was ever taught about how the woman needed to be treated and understood. No instruction was given in the art of communication and how the Word of God was the place to begin.

40% of the current Pastoral core in the nominal and Charismatic groups have not read the Bible through even twice and their current reading of the word comes from scripture used in preparing sermons. The reason I say this the life of the word is the life of the believer. You would be surprised at how many ministery families fail because the husband has very little communication skills except in the bedroom. The husband should be a living example in the word.
I have 15 texts on marriage and that does not include; the Song of Solomon or what I have written and taught.
One of the most important secrets of the Song is that intimacy begins in communication and that the content of the communication should begin from the word of God when you confess over her what the word says she is and she reciprocates.
When Deb and I began to go together I was teaching marriage weekly in two location s and speaking in services twice a month. As I taught these people I learned something very simple ;ridicoulessly simple, and that was if intimacy was to be a part of your relationship this communication from the heart should be a regular factor in your life.
The success of your life together does not depend on your skill when going in for the night but the communication level you have maintained at a consistent level. Love is not just physical but an expression from the heart.
I have said to much and need to quit with this. I know you will find an area of debate but I didn't write this to debate so if you do I will not reply. I have written about some things that came through great difficulty and actually hope that the Lord through the Holy Spirit blesses
this because it came only through his Grace
m7th
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] Questions&Answers In reply to
m7thprophet: Hi

I'm not seeking a debate on this matter. There is no issue between us. A have agreed with your observation that 'Song' is a very good marriage counseling tool. My point was simply in reply to what appeared to be a contradiction from you that 'Song' has been long regarded as an allegory of the quality of relationship betwixt Christ and his church. My point is valid and verifiable.

That does not in any way negate the fact that it is also a passionate love poem, describing the effects of 'falling in love' from both a male and a female perspective.

I am in full agreement with you on the importance of good bilateral communication within marriage and the fact that The Holy Spirit has seen to it that 'Song of Songs' has been included in the cannon of scripture indicates that God considers ALL aspects of marriage, physical / emotional / spiritual, to be wholesome and holy simultaneously. None should be neglected. None should be ignored. None should be precluded. All should be equally hallowed.

Failed marriages are almost always a result of at least one of these aspects, physical, emotional, spiritual, operating outside of God's direction and governance or even completely lacking.

Regards Chris.