The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Home » Forum » General » Clubs

QUESTIONS&ANSWERTS

Quote Reply
QUESTIONS&ANSWERTS
OFFERING TO IDOLS

1. When Elijah challenged the priests of Baal, what were they sacrificing to their God?
2. What King of Israel offered sacrifices to the two golden calves he had made?
3. What Idol, associated with Moses, was offered sacrifices by later generations?
4. What wicked King, a dabbler in sorcery, sacrifice his son in the fire?
5. What goddess did Jeremiah accuse the people of Judea of making sacrifices to?
6. What Idol did the Israelites in the wilderness bring offerings to?

God bless
Quote Reply
Re: [newwine2550] QUESTIONS&ANSWERTS In reply to
Then Elijah said to the people, “I, even I only, am left a prophet of the Lord; but Baal’s prophets number four hundred fifty. Let two bulls be given to us; let them choose one bull for themselves, cut it in pieces, and lay it on the wood, but put no fire to it; I will prepare the other bull and lay it on the wood, but put no fire to it. Then you call on the name of your god and I will call on the name of the Lord; the god who answers by fire is indeed God

So Elijah chose bulls.

So the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold. He said to the people, “You have gone up to Jerusalem long enough. Here are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt.” He set one in Bethel, and the other he put in Dan

He broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the people of Israel had made offerings to it; it was called Nehushtan

Manasseh was twelve years old when he began to reign; he reigned fifty- five years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Hephzibah. He did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, following the abominable practices of the nations that the Lord drove out before the people of Israel. For he rebuilt the high places that his father Hezekiah had destroyed; he erected altars for Baal, made a sacred pole, as King Ahab of Israel had done, worshiped all the host of heaven, and served them. He built altars in the house of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, “In Jerusalem I will put my name.” He built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the Lord. He made his son pass through fire; he practiced soothsaying and augury, and dealt with mediums and with wizards

Ahaz was twenty years old when he began to reign; he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. He did not do what was right in the sight of the Lord his God, as his ancestor David had done, but he walked in the way of the kings of Israel. He even made his son pass through fire, according to the abominable practices of the nations whom the Lord drove out before the people of Israel. He sacrificed and made offerings on the high places, on the hills, and under every green tree

Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, the fathers kindle fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, to provoke me to anger

The Lord said to Moses, “Go down at once! Your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have acted perversely; they have been quick to turn aside from the way that I commanded them; they have cast for themselves an image of a calf, and have worshiped it and sacrificed to it, and said, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt! ’”.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [newwine2550] QUESTIONS&ANSWERTS In reply to
 bullock (1 Kings 18:25).
2. Jeroboam (1 Kings 12:32-33.
3 The brazen serpent (2 Kings 18:4).
4 Manasseh (2 Kings 21:6)
5 The queen of heaven ( Jeremiah 44:19
6 The golden calf ( Exodus 32:6)