The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Quote Reply
No TV
A while back when the world went digital, I made the decision to let the TV go. I now live in bliss without it. I don't miss it at all.
Quote Reply
Re: [MaryContrary] No TV In reply to
I want to congratulate you on this also. It is a wonderful move. We have TV, but we have taken it out of the bedroom. :) Someone (I forget which teacher it was) suggested keeping TV as well as all business and serious talk out of the bedroom and we have done that for years. That way we can focus soley on each other and not on outside influences before sleep.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] No TV In reply to
I have found that television programming has gone so far downhill that I almost can't stand to watch or listen to it because most of it is absolutely repulsive to me. I can't afford the cable anymore otherwise I would have religious programming going as well like StandingFirm had mentioned. News broadcasts made me anxious to the point where I was a nervous wreck all the time. It's much more peaceful at home now. I too read a lot and I enjoy it.
Quote Reply
Re: [MaryContrary] No TV In reply to
For the bedroom may I suggest a good use of a TV. Using a simple-to-run slide show program have all your hundreds of scanned family photos showing constantly. My wife and I love to recapture precious moments, remembering the years of our youth, while treasuring the captures of the latest new youth of our children and grandchildren. We've included photos of our "Godchilds" the Lord let us lead to Jesus. It makes for some fine personal moments at the end of the day, concluded with prayers of concern and of hope.
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men.....DG
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] No TV In reply to
In our lives there has been a renewed realization that the Bible is not just black words on white paper but the expressions of a real and living Jesus who thrills in getting involved in our lives.
We were down several thousand dollars on property tax and were within 24 hours of having it our property) being sold off the tax rolls and in this period and the days before the answer came we had a relationship with this real Jesus that goes beyond description and the few hours before the deadline on the tax bill we paid not with borrowed dollars but with dollars you might say that was dropped off by the local raven.
TV is a play thing, a time consumer that is best used in the study of the kingdom.
In the last few months we have found our TV time has gone from 8-12 hours per day to 2 hours most of the time,but we have the reality that Jesus lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m7th--circle of revival