The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Whats YOUR favorite movie?

(Page 2 of 2)
Quote Reply
Re: Whats YOUR favorite movie? In reply to
yo sup g-dog mine is american pie its the best peace.
Quote Reply
The color Purple

TITANIC

Independence Day
Quote Reply
Scarface, Dawn of the Dead, The Three Amigos, Tommy Boy,and of course Half Baked and Dazed and Confused
Quote Reply
The Court Jester

Return of the Jedi

The Robe

South Pacific

A Muppet Christmas Carol.
Quote Reply
New member Anne Vollard here. I'm a huge move buff and like tinkerbelle 9i0, I just love older movies. Too bad that the only romantic movies being made now are maudlin stories like Must like Dogs, or Just like Heaven...There's no magic or suspense. In the romance category, I'd have to vote for Casablanca, or An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant. I also love the Canadian film, Anne of Green Gables movie from 1985, and the latest version of Little Women with Christian Bale. Does anybody else have suggestions for romantic films? AV
Quote Reply
"casablanca", "it's a wonderful life", "robin hood price of thieves", "the man who shot liberty valance", "destry rides again", "singing in the rain", "el dorado", "apollo 13" .....
Quote Reply
I Like Anne of Green Gables and all it's sequels, Pride and Predjudice, Ever After, The Inheritance, Little Women, Pirates of the Carribean, National Treasure.
Quote Reply
any Thing Star Trek and waiting for Star Trek XI to be release where Kirk meets Spock at the Acadamy for the first time. Does anyone like Star Trek Here? a big Trekkie Fan God Bless Kimmy
Quote Reply
My all-time favourite movie is The Lion King, it's the only movie that ever made me cry
Quote Reply
1. Jump In!

2. Catch That Kid

3. High School Musical

4. Duplex (it's absolutely hilarious)

5. Napoleon Dynamite

6. Holes

7. Xenon: Girl of the 21st Century

8. Xenon: The Zequel

9. Dumb and Dumber

10. Max Keeble's Big Move
Quote Reply
If you like Spy Kids, you must see Catch That Kid!
Quote Reply
My all-time favorite is the Civil war series by Ron Maxwell: Gods and Genreals, and Gettysburg. Next favs is the LOR series by Peter Jackson.
Quote Reply
MMMMM what do I like? Depends on my mood but obviously nothing that God couldn't sit down beside me and watch too!

I truly enjoy musicals and classics like White Christmas, Ten Commandments, and the like. Also 'good' movies that I can sit and watch with my grandkids.

Nice to see a post like this since I don't see movie reviews and everything is so controversial. I couldn't even tell you the last time I went to the theater, probably for the Passion of The Christ, I'm thinking.
Quote Reply
I like the "Passion", also. The part I liked the most was when Judas sees the demon after betraying Jesus. That demon looked realistic from what I've seen on tv like on "Buffy the Vampire Killer". (I used to watch it before I came back to God).
Quote Reply
It has been a while since anyone posted here and I know there have been a lot of good movies since. My latest favorite is Dan In Real Life. A really fun real-life movie. Rated PG.

Other than that, I like any Cinderella story, "Pride & Prujudice" with Colon Firth is probably my all-time favorite.
Quote Reply
I'm getting into "Steel Magnolias", the buddy gal movie. It's got humor and drama. i love the characters Claree and Ouiser. it's like cat and dog sisters with a lot of humor between the charaters.
Quote Reply
I was just perusing the answers and must say that I forgot that this was a Christian forum. Some of the movies mentioned should cause embarrassment. When I watch a movie, I think to myself would Jesus listen to this. Would he allow his eyes to see this. If not I don't watch.

We as Christians should not look like the world.

---------------------

Romans 12:2

2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

---------------------

How can we honestly expect to make a difference in the lives of others when we ourselves live as they do?

============================

Remember that God loves us so much that He would rather die for us then spend an eternity without us!!!!
Quote Reply
My favorite movie to date is Juno because it's heartwarming,funny,it has some spiritual overtones and the best reason is Juno decided not to get an abortion because she realized that there is a human being growing inside her- with fingernails.
Quote Reply
Vikilyn,

I haven't been on here for some time and have been going over some of the forum posts and came across this one. I've only read page 5 so far, and haven't seen too much wrong with these movies since most of them are decent movies for families like Green Gables. Without being antagonistic, what are the movies you have trouble with? LOR? Remember that the LOR books were written by a Christian who used this method to teach about Christianity without being a self-holy and twitty justifier.

Okay, I've read the posts, and yes, i DO have some problems with movies like "The Lost Boys". However, the majority have been rather placid, especially the old movies.

*waves hand* Old movies fan here! "Casablanca", "How Green Was My Valley, "Frankenstein", and "Peyton Place" are some of my favorites. "A Touch of Evil" is the oonly Film Noire I like.