The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

The Da Vinci Code movie

Quote Reply
The Da Vinci Code movie
With the upcoming release of the The Da Vinci Code movie, I am just curious as to how many "Christians" will be going to see it, thereby finacially supporting and encouraging such movies? I have no doubt thousands of "Christians" will considering how many bought the book (depending on the poll, 75-95% of Armeican claim to be Christians and "The Da Vinci Code" has sold 40 million+ copies).

What I really want to know, is how do "Christians" justify supporting these kinds of books and movies?
Quote Reply
Re: The Da Vinci Code movie In reply to
It is entertainment.

I would also just like to point something out. The more people complain about the Da Vinci Code, the more free advertising it gets, therefore more people will watch the movie.

For example, a local church warned people not to see Marilyn Manson in Peoria a few years back. They made such a fuss that I just had to see him.
Quote Reply
Will I see it? Absolutely Tom Hanks and Ron Howard are brilliant ENTERTAINERS.

How do I justify it? Simple, has there ever been a better opportunity in the last 5 years to talk about the story of Jesus Christ to so many people? Finally the mass media is latching on to something worth talking about. If this isn't viewed as a golden opportunity to share our faith with so many then I think we should examine the strength of our faith.

As for ggd comment - couldn't agree more. For example you would think by now the Vatican would have learned a few things about PR, but calling for a boycott vs. simply saying it is fictional and entertainment is just feeding the beast.

Be Blessed

Quote Reply
Wow... I did not expect anyone to agree with me. This was a very pleasent suprise.
Quote Reply
here in Paris my local english speaking church is holding a Da Vinci weekend, with picnics on Saturday, invites to the movie on Friday, and other ativities ...... although it's a little worrying all this activity about a film no one has seen yet, but it should be an interesting time ..... there is so much publicity about this film, one of the metro stations has been covered with advertising of this film!!!
Quote Reply
I've seen the movie.

I did not read the book, but me and my boyfriend went to see it because its was stressing out catholics so much that we just had to see what all the fuss was about.

Ive seen in threads in different forums about this movie and the ideas behind it. I can understand if your christan and it would worry you. I am a back slider and had not read the bible for years but was interested in the whole collecting together of books of the bible, council of nicea bit. thats was because of all my years as a christian no one ever said a word to me about this. I thought that Paul put it together.

I have also noticed that some christian think that non belivers leave their brains outside the door when going to see this film and will belive every word of it.

The thing is alot of people who go to see this film are bright, curious and do like to look at things objectively. think nice ideas lots of errors. But they might just think what was that bit about Jesus kissing his disaples and Mary? Then goes hunting for old dusty bible that never got read. This film got me reading the bible again and having ago at praying. Maybe there is something in the fact that God uses these situations to get people seeking.